General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

supermotos.

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2010, 09:22 PM
bazpro
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supermotos.

anyone on here got a big supermoto or had a go on one?
wot they like??
ive got a y reg r6 at the moment which i havent had long and its great but i keep going daft on it and doing speeds i could get locked up for so thinkin of getting maybe a ktm or something.
Old 26-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd love a shot of one but not sur i could swap from my ZX10.

I think you're wrng in thinking you'd be doing less stupid shit on a supermoto. I'd worry it'd be wheelie time everywhere and encourage hooligan riding!
Old 26-07-2010, 09:33 PM
tansey
PassionFord Regular

just bought a 2004 ktm 525exc with supermoto wheels and offroad wheels and to be fair i love it!
i sold my k6 gsxr1000 for the main reasons of everytime i went out on it, all it got was thrash and wheelies, which is all good until something happens!
and then the next reason was basickly we dont have the weather in this country and i was sick of it raining nearly all time, then when it does get warm you just cant trust as these days we get 3 seasons in 1 day, so i sold up and got a decent ktm which i dont mind using in wet weather and when i board i just put the nobleys on and do a bit of green laning.

and i love it so much and so glad i swapped, they are also unreal at handling

but it is still wheelie after wheelie lol
Old 26-07-2010, 09:35 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lambchop
I think you're wrng in thinking you'd be doing less stupid shit on a supermoto. I'd worry it'd be wheelie time everywhere and encourage hooligan riding!
exactly mate, a mate had ccm r30(?) and it was on it's back wheel everywhere
Old 26-07-2010, 09:42 PM
carlos1395
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a wr 450 and a duke they were excellent fun and even super bikes couldnt keep up on country roads .but then i had a daft idea and bort a r6 very fast bike but the excitment went on the country roads .biggest mistake i ever made
Old 26-07-2010, 09:49 PM
bazpro
PassionFord Regular

dont get me wrong i aint no fantastic rider who wheelies and gets my knee down everywhere ( or anywhere for that matter haha). when i go out i stick to my own pace most of the time but u know what its like when u get to a bit of a long straight its too tempting to wind it up to 130 140+ then u start thinkin why am i even doing it.
ive always liked the look and sound of supermotos and they probs fit me a bit better than a sportsbike.
Old 26-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as already mentioned,you ride a super moto just the same as your six,but your not gonna go inside when you get caught for silly speeds and if you have an enduro you got the best of both worlds,loon in the dry,off roading in the wet.......win,win......
Old 26-07-2010, 09:56 PM
bazpro
PassionFord Regular

right my minds made up i want one now.
whats the best one for around 2k cos thats all my r6 is worth
Old 26-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Pete frst

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on the day m8,they can be quite expensive and need lots of tlc,i had a yam wr 450 and found it to be a good reliable bike,your want something abit leary tho coss of your road bike,if the thought of top end rebuilds puts you off how about a 2 stroke,lots of power for a smallish cc...........
Old 29-11-2011, 06:05 PM
the original

I got the ktm 690 SMC and love it. got a r6 as well but never ride it 'cos I'd always prefer the ktm. but more likely to do stupid stuff on the KTM just not 150mph