General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone clued up on bailiff law?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 PM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesXP
Just to be clear, the car is my fathers.

House is privated rented.

They need to be allowed onto the premises before they can take anything, but it can get to a point where they have court backing and police support where they can break in and take things, but like I said it should'nt go that far.
this is why they didn't want to enter the house as its rented
Old 03-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know people should pay what they owe and that this is different circumstances to people that blatantly knock money they owe, but fuck me, these bailiffs have way, way too much power.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Joshy
Dreamer

Originally Posted by Nath
I know people should pay what they owe and that this is different circumstances to people that blatantly knock money they owe, but fuck me, these bailiffs have way, way too much power.

agreed
Old 03-07-2010, 08:38 AM
callummarshall
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by rich123
i agree thats a good idea
yeah but make sure its dated about 2 months ago or when ever so they cant say it was sold yesterday to avoid paying bailifts
Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Give consumer credit a call there a debt counselling service.

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

My cousin had debt companies breathing down her neck and she rang them and they gave her a case number or something and told her to contact the debt companies and give them the case number and say a debt counselor will be in touch with them once they have worked out how they will sort the debt. There a recognised service and the debtors hold of on the debt till a way to pay is sorted.

That's my understanding anyway from what she said. They went through a budget sheet and then came up with a plan to pay them all. Her debt was several thousand pounds to about 5 debtors and she ended up paying Ł90 something each month to them all.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:17 PM
bookwyse
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

uhoh Bristow and Sutor, I used to work for thm and they are perfectly entitled to put the seizure notice on the car even if it is a blue badge car. It is only if a blue badge is displayed that they are not allowd to seize it.

Selling it to the son, brother, mother etc will not work because they have access to the DVLA records and will know who the vehicle belongs to.

Best thing to do is to either speak to the baliffs and come to a settlement or directly to the council.

Either way its best to pay up or they get their money.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just stick the badge in the window BUT it is classed as a disabled vehicle due to the tax classing of it so they should not be allowed to removed it as the tax class is disabled but just incase slap the badge in the window and the car is safe,,, he already knows this hence he has not even clamped the car but he have given a seizure notice on it to scare you

i have a issue with a bailif over a unpaied parking ticket of a offence i never done,, i appealed and was LIED to on appeal so told them to stick it and bailif was sent out to recover my car,, tosser also clamped it too which was inconvinient for me and delayed me 10 mins removing it

also i belive the council SELL the debts to bailifs that they realise they wont get the cash for hence they dont get involved once they pass them on but i could be wrong
Old 03-07-2010, 06:42 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by bookwyse
Selling it to the son, brother, mother etc will not work because they have access to the DVLA records and will know who the vehicle belongs to.
How will the DVLA know who owns the car as opposed to being the registered keeper?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:48 PM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by rs-tuner
Pay the money you owe! Simple
+1 i have to pay my bills and if the money owned is for council tax they can just have a locksmith to enter and take things
Old 03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesXP
one is dated on the 20th of june, and one is dated on the 25th, i'm sure these where written on the same day and they are dated 5 days apart from eachother, the bailiff came on the 25th, just to clear that up.
Thats typical CUNTS tricks by baliffs.

Its not just private baliffs that do that but court ones too.

The thing with baliffs is its all about money and thats it. they will push the limits of the law as far as possible and sometimes break guidelines or lie to people to get the money as it effects the baliffs earnings in many cases!! Im sure wed all be cunts if we were a baliff and knew you had to be a cunt to get a decent wage.......

Well unless doing the job violated your moral values.
Originally Posted by cossiejay
+1 i have to pay my bills and if the money owned is for council tax they can just have a locksmith to enter and take things
Only with the right court order and there is NO way that will happen until the baliffs have attended on several occasions without success in getting a resolution of some kind.

with council tax and HMRC debt they have more powers but get in more shit if they bend the rules.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
JamesXP
Part of the Furniture

As someone else pointed out on another forum the letters aren't 5 days apart, but 5 MONTHS! (still noting both letters were hand posted by the bailiff at the same time, when he came)

WTF?