General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My power graph from the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
ASHCOSSIE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My power graph from the weekend

Only just worked out how to upload it, well happy with it but looking for a t3 that can handle the boost day in day out now.
cheers
Old 02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

390+ torque on a T3 is just MANIC Ash........... fair fooking play....

324bhp isn't bad either...just shows how the little turbos fall away though ...
Old 02-07-2010, 05:57 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

same torque as me except im on a t38
Old 02-07-2010, 06:08 PM
ASHCOSSIE

does tail off abit but feels fast on the road with the low lag
Old 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by ASHCOSSIE
does tail off abit but feels fast on the road with the low lag
It will do with a T3, very punchy they are and ESPECIALLY with that torque too .....

Edited to say.....

Take no notice and enjoy it...

Last edited by Staffi; 02-07-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
ASHCOSSIE

looking at a uprated t3 now mate, dont want to ruin the reliabilty with a big turbo or the way it drives, have done 8000m + this since it been back on the road and nothing engine wise has broke lol touch wood lol
Old 02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 bar on a t3!!!????
Old 02-07-2010, 06:36 PM
ASHCOSSIE

2.2 lol
Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Danny @ Enhanced Performance
BANNED
BANNED

iv got just the turbo mate..

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 PM
ASHCOSSIE

lol might have the credit card ready if i ask her nice enough and betend i cant drive the car without it lol

Last edited by ASHCOSSIE; 02-07-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:35 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

i love the response of my t3 on the road as well especially on the motorway in 5th at 70 just put the foot down and the power is always there straight away
Old 02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a load of bollocks that printout is, get it done somewhere decent, the curves look nothing like correct, and 390 torque a T3 isn't, no matter how many drugs the dyno op has taken.
tabetha
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
What a load of bollocks that printout is, get it done somewhere decent, the curves look nothing like correct, and 390 torque a T3 isn't, no matter how many drugs the dyno op has taken.
tabetha
For once Im afraid I have to agree with you.

That graph is toilet. Sorry. That car broke traction for sure, or the clutch slipped. It's got to be the second worst power curve I have ever seen.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:40 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy

That graph is toilet. Sorry. That car broke traction for sure, or the clutch slipped. It's got to be the second worst power curve I have ever seen.

d4's being the worst
Old 02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
BANNED
BANNED

come on then whats wrong with it???

It did 2 pulls both the same within 2 hp,its 4x4 and was spot on and no slip at all..

We all looked at each other and did another run and like i said same again..

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by tabetha
tabetha
Whats wrong with it???

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by JamboRS
d4's being the worst
yeah on the old maha!!!

Hes new graph has been inspected by the god christian and posted...

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Is that peak power at 4600rpm
Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 PM
ASHCOSSIE

there were enough cars that ran on the day as they should have done, so what is so wrong about mine then, like danny said the car was run twice, no clutch slip as its got a new 6 paddle ap, and no wheel spin due to been 4x4
Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Whats wrong with the graph then? Tabetha you seem good at explaining things so can you explain.

Christian - what is the 1st worst graph you have seen on here?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

1. Peak Power at 4600rpm. It's not a Diesel. The worst Cossie graphs are usually from cars with standard cams, the power peaks at around 5000rpm, then goes flat. Yours is on such an EPIC downward. Power curves just don't do that. Well, unless you're running a restrictor on your turbo.

2. The Torque is, as most people have agreed, WAY too high. This is again indicative of wheelspin, or some kind of slip (which would be why the power has done what it has)

3. Roller speed was used. WHY WHY WHY. Why not measure RPM properly, if you're so interested in following DD guidelines to the letter, GET THE FUCKING RPM ADAPTOR OUT THAT YOU BOUGHT AND CLIP IT ONTO AN HT LEAD!!! It's not rocket science. Then you could PROVE that the car gripped, by posting RPM vs Road Speed.

Why don't you guys humour me, on the next big power Cossie, run it your way, then run it my way. See how they compare. I'm only saying it because we had all the ideas about following the manual when we first got our DD, but experience has taught us better.

Take it or leave it, that graph is wank and I'm SURE the car isn't that bad. I feel sorry for you ASHCOSSIE, you got a very inaccurate result there.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:26 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Rhys
Is that peak power at 4600rpm
Its running a lil t3 spiking at 2.2 bar!!and then quickly drops to 1.4 bar so the graph will look very peaky a bit like a powerfull tdi graph actually...

Im not saying the rpm scale is spot on as our sensor for that does play around and when your doing over 20 cars in a row you dont have time to set the rpm scale properlly but that doesnt effect your overall out put figs,saying that the power was in and out very quick so the rpm scale wont be far out..

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Chris/Tabs,

Don't say that else Cossie4i will think his is all wrong too............ and you know what that'll mean?? 60 pages of more shit............
Old 02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
BANNED
BANNED

1. Peak Power at 4600rpm. It's not a Diesel. The worst Cossie graphs are usually from cars with standard cams, the power peaks at around 5000rpm, then goes flat. Yours is on such an EPIC downward. Power curves just don't do that. Well, unless you're running a restrictor on your turbo.

2. The Torque is, as most people have agreed, WAY too high. This is again indicative of wheelspin, or some kind of slip (which would be why the power has done what it has)

3. Roller speed was used. WHY WHY WHY. Why not measure RPM properly, if you're so interested in following DD guidelines to the letter, GET THE FUCKING RPM ADAPTOR OUT THAT YOU BOUGHT AND CLIP IT ONTO AN HT LEAD!!! It's not rocket science. Then you could PROVE that the car gripped, by posting RPM vs Road Speed.

Why don't you guys humour me, on the next big power Cossie, run it your way, then run it my way. See how they compare. I'm only saying it because we had all the ideas about following the manual when we first got our DD, but experience has taught us better.

Take it or leave it, that graph is wank and I'm SURE the car isn't that bad. I feel sorry for you ASHCOSSIE, you got a very inaccurate result there.
Look at my last post and that will answer some of your questions!!!
Your not the bee all and end all in running a dd rr mate and you come across as an arrogant cunt sometimes putting peoples cars down just because you dont agree...
We do many cossies from the ttrs series and they run restrictors on their t3s and your right they have a similar graph to this,a t3 with that boost does act in this way!!try it!!

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Whats wrong with the graph then? Tabetha you seem good at explaining things so can you explain.

Christian - what is the 1st worst graph you have seen on here?
I'm afraid to say its this one.....

Shortest powerband in the history of the world. I know D4's graph later on was a little more plausible, but I'm sick of trying to pretend that these figures are OK and if everyone just wants to clap and say 'great power', then fair enough, but I guarantee you now, that car wouldn't make that power/torque with a graph to prove no slip (RPM vs Speed) to go with it.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by Danny @ Enhanced Performance
Look at my last post and that will answer some of your questions!!!
Your not the bee all and end all in running a dd rr mate and you come across as an arrogant cunt sometimes putting peoples cars down just because you dont agree...
We do many cossies from the ttrs series and they run restrictors on their t3s and your right they have a similar graph to this,a t3 with that boost does act in this way!!try it!!

cheers danny
OK, good luck with that.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:35 PM
morrismuscle
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Thumbs down

Sorry mate a diesel does not put out peak power at 4600 rpm my st tdci puts out peek power at 3000 rpm and peek Torque comes in at 2200 rpm so on that point alone your way off the mark

And my car went on the same rolling road and put out just what it should have so maybe you should just eat humble pie and except the figures

No one likes a hater
Old 02-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

We ran a Cossie the other day, made 1.9 bar, dropping off to 1.4 bar, the power curve was FLAT. It didn't drop off like that.

Turned out the car had a boost leak.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by morrismuscle
Sorry mate a diesel does not put out peak power at 4600 rpm my st tdci puts out peek power at 3000 rpm and peek Torque comes in at 2200 rpm so on that point alone your way off the mark

And my car went on the same rolling road and put out just what it should have so maybe you should just eat humble pie and except the figures

No one likes a hater
You'll have to try harder than that. Don't think that because yours went on the same rolling road that it makes your figures any more believable.

Carry on believing the bollocks people. I'm still looking forward to D4 laying down some times that are condusive with 320bhp and over 300lb/ft of torque, then we will see.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:41 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Every time weve experienced slip it quite clearly shows on the graph and you hit the limiter straight away!!!
More often than not showing less power and making the lamda go haywire..
Your always going on about slip,why??
Maybe your older system isnt as good as ours??

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
morrismuscle

You'll have to try harder than that. Don't think that because yours went on the same rolling road that it makes your figures any more believable.

Carry on believing the bollocks people. I'm still looking forward to D4 laying down some times that are condusive with 320bhp and over 300lb/ft of torque, then we will see.
Sorry i must apologise i didnt realise i was talking to the YODA of rolling roads
it must be hard to breath with ya head up your ass
Old 02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
BANNED
BANNED

What is it with you???
Friday night on the piss??
You had a chat with luke even said well done about d4s graph on line now your bringing that back up tonight and saying we dont run the rollers right...
You need to sort your head out mate!!!
Put your money where your mouth is and we will bring a couple of motors to yours and when the power isnt any different you pay my costs???
If your right and we are wank then you can put it all on here???
What cars do you want and il run them on ours then come to you???

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

For once Danny is calm.

Danny - Maybe you should run the same car using your method and then using Christians way. One of you will be right, one of you will be wrong
Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Every time weve experienced slip it quite clearly shows on the graph and you hit the limiter straight away!!!
More often than not showing less power and making the lamda go haywire..
Your always going on about slip,why??
Maybe your older system isnt as good as ours??

cheers danny
We have the Windows dyno too. It's as modern as yours. Do you have the latest software updates and the Hewlett Packard controller module??

Why can't you see that the reason I am saying to measure RPM is that you can PROVE that there was no slip, then there can be no arguments. It's a scientific fact that Speed rises in a linear fashion with RPM, if the car grips the Dyno. If the Speed vs RPM plot is curved or deviated, the car slipped. But without measured RPM, you can't do that.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

What is it with you???
Friday night on the piss??
You had a chat with luke even said well done about d4s graph on line now your bringing that back up tonight and saying we dont run the rollers right...
You need to sort your head out mate!!!
Put your money where your mouth is and we will bring a couple of motors to yours and when the power isnt any different you pay my costs???
If your right and we are wank then you can put it all on here???
What cars do you want and il run them on ours then come to you???

cheers danny

Danny, D4's latest graph was OK. Not the best 300bhp RST graph I have seen, but much better than the first. I'm saying it because the OP's graph is shockingly bad. It either shows operator error or that the car is VERY poorly set up.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Have fun kids.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
morrismuscle

you must be tired after all that stiring
Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
BANNED
BANNED

For once Danny is calm.

Danny - Maybe you should run the same car using your method and then using Christians way. One of you will be right, one of you will be wrong
We run them in both ways mate its just our sensor you attach to the ht lead is faulty and were waiting for it..
Mike guerney came to ours the other week and went through everything and said its all fine and you can run either way as wheel slip is so obvious on the graph,not only that we dont run the old dos system we run the digital one wich is better for this apparently..

When you run a car for multiple runs you know if one is wierd and if its wheel spun..

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Cool Danny Must say if Mike Guerney says all is ok then it must be.

RPM pickup on my cossie took a lot of time to get correct.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Cool Danny Must say if Mike Guerney says all is ok then it must be.

RPM pickup on my cossie took a lot of time to get correct.
You going to coombe tomo???
Would like to say hello and put another face to a name on here??

cheers danny
Old 02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

No mate. My girlfriend gave birth to my son 3 weeks ago so will have to miss this one plus its my step brothers 18th. Next time i see you at Brands i will come and say hello for sure

Quick Reply: My power graph from the weekend