General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who is to blame

Search this Thread

Old 28-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ste1806
I think they should have performance related pay, that would have them trying abit harder. Start them on 100 a week, and have the rest of the salary on bonus for effort teamwork etc etc.
None of the england players were in the squad for money, they were in the squad because since they were a little kid its been their dream to play for england

The fact they get paid shitloads doesnt change that IMHO, despite what all the jealous poor folk think
Old 28-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just heard on the Radio that people are calling for Capello to quit ? wtf !

I fail to see how changing the manager (again) will make everything alright ? Surely they should have realised by now that different managers isn't making a difference..

Think about it like this.. your car is running like shit.. you change the plugs and it still runs like shit.. was it the plugs causing the problems ? probably not..
Old 28-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Jimbo.
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
None of the england players were in the squad for money, they were in the squad because since they were a little kid its been their dream to play for england

The fact they get paid shitloads doesnt change that IMHO, despite what all the jealous poor folk think
I agree, money has nothing to do with it at all and I don't doubt for one second they aren't passionate about the game and playing for England, the problem lies with the fact they can't play together no where near aswell like Argentina, Brazil etc.

As said previously, I think the majority of the players in the Premiership need to be home grown and we will start to see alot more fresh hungry young players all fighting to get the chance to play for England. Alot of the combinations that have led Premiership sides to success have involved english and foreign players.
Old 28-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo.
I agree, money has nothing to do with it at all and I don't doubt for one second they aren't passionate about the game and playing for England, the problem lies with the fact they can't play together no where near aswell like Argentina, Brazil etc.
I dont know the details of exactly the training they do, so I may be mistaken, but it does appear that they get very little real time to practice together as a team, as they are all too busy with other commitments (like playing for their clubs, doing hair commercials and fucking old hookers etc)
Old 28-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
The North of England is currently under a severe flood warning.

This is due to the entire population of Scotland pissing themselves laughing...
Thats mint lol.I woundered why it was raining today for.
Old 28-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I really couldnt belive what i was watching yesterday,i just laughed like fook everytime germany scored.
Old 28-06-2010, 04:45 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
But it wouldnt work, all the good players would fuck off abroad for better money. Then the sport itself would suffer in this country!
Think that's already happened for one reason or another mate.
Old 28-06-2010, 07:18 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Think that's already happened for one reason or another mate.
true
Old 28-06-2010, 07:38 PM
billybigspuds
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think of them like dumb robots

if a fleet of taxt cabs were not turning up on time and getting lost who's to blame?
Old 28-06-2010, 07:54 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by billybigspuds
i think of them like dumb robots

if a fleet of taxt cabs were not turning up on time and getting lost who's to blame?
wtf!
Old 28-06-2010, 07:55 PM
nickscunny
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesnt help that most of the major clubs are foriegn owned anyway. The likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea owners dont give a fuck how many english are in the clubs. They just want results......
Thats why the English game has suffered so much. We have turned our backs to the sport and made it into a massive business selling to foriegn owners......
Old 28-06-2010, 08:27 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

people thinking a manager doesn't make a difference need to look at spurs as a prime example... among other clubs once the players lose the respect for the manager and his decsions then its all down hill from there

No i dont agree with it and thats not the sole reason they went out either but i do believe having an idiot at the top didn't help

As for the english been shit at all sports

" lee westwood, lew hamilton, jenson button, ronnie o sullivan, shaun murphy, amy williams, paula radcliffe, phil taylor, " i could go on for quite a while if i was to actually sit down and think about it

Not to mention we host some of the best events in the world along with having some of the best facilities, we have won have won just about everything there is to win to at some point

Some people have let the world cup get to them to much they had a shite tourny but are they still ranked as one of the best teams in the world , will they all go back to been some of the best players in the world yes, should you really let any of this affect your life no
Old 28-06-2010, 08:41 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Gee Atherton, Rachel Atherton, Dan Atherton, Steve Peat, etc.

We fucking rule at mountain biking, downhill specifically!