General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford employee Privilege scheme

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
tosh
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Ford employee Privilege scheme

Does anyone know the rough prices you get at the moment for ether a fiesta or focus
Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think FoMoCo will want the discounts bandied about in public and am pretty sure that would be enough to get a current employee disqualified from the scheme.

If you are an employee you can get a firm price from your local Ford retailer. If you aren't it's none of your business and, besides, an employee can't sell the car within 9 months anyway.

And having said all that, I haven't used it since 2002 and guess the scheme will have changed by now.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:42 PM
erjones
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
I don't think FoMoCo will want the discounts bandied about in public and am pretty sure that would be enough to get a current employee disqualified from the scheme.

If you are an employee you can get a firm price from your local Ford retailer. If you aren't it's none of your business and, besides, an employee can't sell the car within 9 months anyway.

And having said all that, I haven't used it since 2002 and guess the scheme will have changed by now.
Didnt know that about being disqualified, i work for Ford and get it also but he can get half what a Ford employee gets aslong as they are family or friend of the employee in Ford

plus @Ford mag shows the prices every month and even Ford dealerships get that mag and i don't think they get the same amount off vehicles

Thinking about, when you used it was it a % off cars or price? as now its a price set limit off cars but purely depends what model and trim you go for

Last edited by erjones; 08-06-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I was in it you could get discount for three cars in a rolling twelve month period so long as they were for myself or any immediate family member (as defined in a list that included step-parents etc) - it wasn't available for friends at that time - and the car(s) couldn't be sold in 9 months.

There were different discounts for different models within a range and two structures depending whether you used other offers like low rate/free finance, free insurance etc, or just bought the car.

The retailers need to know the Privilege price or they couldn't do the quote but we used to have to get a special authorisation number from Personnel before the order could be placed.

I still don't think Ford (or any other employer) would want a major employee benefit bandied about in public.

Last edited by Iain Mac; 08-06-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
erjones
PassionFord Regular

Fair enough, to be honest i dont think i will ever use it as ive had a brand new car but never again personally lol

I do use the discount on parts a lot as a lot of the time new parts can be cheaper then 2nd hand so im happy
Old 08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the scheme aint got many good discounts these days, basically you get a voucher code that gives a set amount off and then its down to you to get the best discount from the dealer you can,,,,,, its stupid as sometimes you can get a better discount from a rival franchise and then your dealership moans when you do it as you took your money to "the enemy"

the old version was very good,,,,,, this one can be good at good times,,,,,, think the galaxy is a good deal at the min as someone we know got almost 6k off the price overall,,,, but that was a fully loaded car

there was a great fiesta one that finished about 3 months ago but IMO the fiesta seems expensive car these days for whats on the market,,,,, BUT its still avery very good car though and has alot of nice touch's,,,,, just its now 15k for a decent spec one listing
Old 08-06-2010, 10:22 PM
tosh
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I am entitled and have purchased four new cars in the past but not since 1991, it was just a general question and I don't think that the old man would be bothered if he lost his entitlement as he is now 76, I just didn't want to enquire at the dealers and have them pester me then for the next six months.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 PM
erjones
PassionFord Regular

here you go, you can contact them about prices

http://www.fordprivilege.info/whatis.html
Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as i said its changed,,,, generally the max is 1500 voucher on some cars,,,, but then its down to you to bargin more off the price too meaning that some good retail customers can bid not far off the staff rate if the salesman aint into helping out staff