General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ferdinand out of world cup??? UPDATE: Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 AM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferdinand out of world cup??? UPDATE: Confirmed

Taken to hospital with knee injury..... Dont sound promising

Last edited by dannyblackpool; 04-06-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just read that on yahoo says he has gone for a scan

Ferdinand was involved in what the Italian coach described as a "normal" tackle, but the Manchester United defender was taken to hospital for a scan to assess the extent of the damage.
Brian
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Ukchopper
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

can they request another player to make up the squad,
ferdinand out of form anyhow, if he eats some biscuits that might fix him
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Can bring in another up to 24hrs before 1st game, so not too bad...
Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 PM
mintseries1
PassionFord Regular

bloody hell he aint out yet!! i no he's not my first choice defender, but he's only gone for a scan, players these days go for a scan for anything!! what about james!! how can u injure ur bloody knee sitting on a poxy plane!!
players need to man up!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
whybee
prozac user

Originally Posted by mintseries1
bloody hell he aint out yet!! i no he's not my first choice defender, but he's only gone for a scan, players these days go for a scan for anything!! what about james!! how can u injure ur bloody knee sitting on a poxy plane!!
players need to man up!

agreed, these guys would make a fuss if there boiled egg wasnt done right at the 5 star hotel.
its funny how its seen as "manly" and people look down on other sports, i´d say horse polo is more manly than football anyday, not saying i like it, just gets so boring with all these fairy boys.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Big-Dan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whybee
agreed, these guys would make a fuss if there boiled egg wasnt done right at the 5 star hotel.
its funny how its seen as "manly" and people look down on other sports, i´d say horse polo is more manly than football anyday, not saying i like it, just gets so boring with all these fairy boys.
Your not a football fan I take it?

When you train everyday and play matches as often as these guys do your bound to get injured at some point. Fitness wise alot of the players who will be participating in the world cup are of or near an Olympic standard, which IMO can't be an easy feat to achieve.

Big-Dan.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:42 PM
mintseries1
PassionFord Regular

i mean look at barry.. they were sayin that he wasnt even gonna b able to go to the world cup, and there he is in the sqaud and better still he was training today!!

just want them to get out there and do the stuff they do week in week out and lets hope that they bring that bloody long awaited cup HOME!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:50 PM
chettle
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Big-Dan
Your not a football fan I take it?

When you train everyday and play matches as often as these guys do your bound to get injured at some point. Fitness wise alot of the players who will be participating in the world cup are of or near an Olympic standard, which IMO can't be an easy feat to achieve.

Big-Dan.
this is true, BUT they ARE pussys...

look at rugby players... its ALOT more physically demanding, they actually get hurt, and you dont see them crying half as much as footballers!

Ferdinand out the world cup... can honestly say i couldnt give 2 fucks... Roll on August when weve flopped it and we can carry on back to normal
Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Positive thinking there ^

It is true about Rugby players though, they are hard bastards and do make footballers look like pansies
Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Big-Dan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by chettle

look at rugby players... its ALOT more physically demanding, they actually get hurt, and you dont see them crying half as much as footballers!

Ferdinand out the world cup... can honestly say i couldnt give 2 fucks... Roll on August when weve flopped it and we can carry on back to normal
Rugby is a primarily a contact sport though isn't it? As is boxing, wresting, MMA, etc..

Alot of modern day footballers DO roll about and play act to influence the referee's decision, this is fact. Although I don't agree with it, I wouldn't say it makes them pussies.

There are plenty of occasions though where the injuries sustained are very severe and would make even the biggest rugby player squeal like a girl.

I'm a big lad and play both Rugby and football when I'm fit, I'm currently out of action with ankle ligament damage which happend while I was playing football, all the lads laughed when I wen't down thinking I was laying it on thick, 6 weeks of pysio twice a week and still in pain now would suggest otherwise though.

I've never sustained an injury while playing rugby as bad as this.

Big-Dan.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:34 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Rio left hospital on crutches, dont think any statement out yet whats up, Drogba has fractured his arm and may be out too
Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

ferdinand didnt look ready for a world cup when he played in the warm up matches and nor did terry
Old 04-06-2010, 02:03 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

am i the only one to think this could be a blessing im not a massive rio fan tbh makes alot of mistakes and just hasn't that good a season due to injury etc
Old 04-06-2010, 02:16 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Confirmed out..... Dawson on standby...
Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

wonder who will be captain then lol.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

not much of a blow imo
id rather see dawson in the starting 11 and he never even made the squad initially
Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
wonder who will be captain then lol.
gerrard or lampit i wouldve thought
Old 04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Gerrard, already been confirmed.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:39 PM
RobL

bollox,you dont know wtf youre talking about
football is far more physically demanding than rugby and footballers are also a hell of a lot fitter and are easily more at risk of injury
go do some knitting and let the men on here discuss the footy its obviously not your cup of tea
Old 04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

"The 31-year-old centre-back had a scan after hurting his left knee following a challenge with Emile Heskey"

good old heskey
Old 04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by danneth
"The 31-year-old centre-back had a scan after hurting his left knee following a challenge with Emile Heskey"

good old heskey
never believe it would ya
just hope the big donkey stays away from rooney
Old 04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by RobL
football is far more physically demanding than rugby and footballers are also a hell of a lot fitter and are easily more at risk of injury
go do some knitting and let the men on here discuss the footy its obviously not your cup of tea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frSxIAbDDpc
Old 04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stevie G is a shite captain when the going gets tough!!! Look at how he reacted when Croatia battered us at Wembley, every time he walked back to the half way line hisn head was down, a National captain should be bollocking everyone, granted he leads by example, but in a World Cup they need more than that!!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Yep, Lampard would be my captain every day of the week (If you had to take Terry out of the equation, which is what has been done.)
Old 04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

this is true, BUT they ARE pussys...look at rugby players... its ALOT more physically demanding, they actually get hurt, and you dont see them crying half as much as footballers!

When I was about 10 years old watching a local Sunday league game I saw the goalkeeper snap his leg whilst coming out for a 1v1. When the paramedics put the brace on his leg he was crying and begging for it not to be tightened. That wasn't professional either.

Rugby has potential for a neckbreak or the odd punch but you don't have studs coming up at your ankles and knees all the time. The Alan Smith or David Busst leg breaks are up there with as bad as you can get. You also get your odd psychos of the game like a Cantona/Zidane who'll just stamp on your chest. West Ham player Dean Ashton had to quit the game through injury at 26 because he was risking being able to walk.

Originally Posted by Mike C
Yep, Lampard would be my captain every day of the week (If you had to take Terry out of the equation, which is what has been done.)

Lampard or Gerrard will be a good choice. Hopefully it will pick up his performances for England, make them like club form.

Last edited by skeg; 04-06-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
whybee
prozac user

p*ssing myself laughing at this one! are you being serious or just fancy a bit of a laugh? "football more physical than rugby"???
have you ever played rugby? you do know which game we´re talking about don´t you? the funny shaped "football" looks like a football player has been using it to rest his feet on while he has his manicure! and roots touched up.
i grant you they musy run more than a rugby player but thats about it.
i dont think anyone made any comments saying football is easier or the training any easier, just purely game vs game. and in the context of which is more physically demanding. imagine haveing a "game" of football but with the opersition being allowed to hold your shirt everytime you try to run with the ball. imagine everytime you want to get past a defender they can crash into you and drag you down, now try that for a full match distance!

only someone who´s not tried both could make such an ill imformed and outlandish comment that its more work playing football, you did make a good fair few of us laugh though so cheers for that.

boots (check) shirt (check) hair band and earring tape (check)
Old 04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
squizxr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes Rugby is a more physical than football, but footballers are 10 times fitter than rugby players!! Footballers are like 700 YB lump, tuned to perfection, literally right on the edge of their capabilites!! There so highly strung that the slightest thing can cause them injury!! So yes, your more likely to get a broken jaw playing rubgy, but footballers have a higher chance of injuring muscles etc
Old 04-06-2010, 04:48 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think its fair to say they are equally as fit, they have to be to do what they do.

I had an x national captain a Rugby teacher and they don't go easy on you as you ARE going to get a beating, they set you up for it so your not put off, due to injury though I never continually stuck at it as I don't have the build and that is why most footballers would only last one game against a Rugby team then get back to what their good at...... avoiding as much contact as possible.

I did enjoy Rugby though, more than football to play but being that I was one of the fastest athletes in my school I did have the odd run with the ball that few could match, typically the ones that didn't like that would make sure when they took me down they did it properly leaving me with some stunning injuries

Back to footy though I have to say I agree that Rio just doesn't ever seem to shine, he has got us out of the shit on occasions but then he has also put us in the shit as much if not more, as seperate players we know they have what it takes, as a national team it just doesn't work or atleast not all the time and in something like the World Cup they need to stay consistant.

The fact is they can do it, a bit of luck always helps but they are a strong side and I do feel we have a good manager so lets see what he has in mind for the games.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Well, not good for you lot now he's out. But Dawson has had a great season, and was in tremendous form for the last few months. Might be a bonus for you.......
Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
chettle
Regular Contributor

you fucking fairy... i think whybee summed it up pretty well....

id also put money on the training being 10times easier in football too..... 10-3 Monday - Friday, a few games and a few laps at the gym..... offfft.... heres your Ł10k this week....

Last edited by chettle; 04-06-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by whybee
p*ssing myself laughing at this one! are you being serious or just fancy a bit of a laugh? "football more physical than rugby"???
have you ever played rugby? you do know which game we´re talking about don´t you? the funny shaped "football" looks like a football player has been using it to rest his feet on while he has his manicure! and roots touched up.
i grant you they musy run more than a rugby player but thats about it.
i dont think anyone made any comments saying football is easier or the training any easier, just purely game vs game. and in the context of which is more physically demanding. imagine haveing a "game" of football but with the opersition being allowed to hold your shirt everytime you try to run with the ball. imagine everytime you want to get past a defender they can crash into you and drag you down, now try that for a full match distance!

only someone who´s not tried both could make such an ill imformed and outlandish comment that its more work playing football, you did make a good fair few of us laugh though so cheers for that.

boots (check) shirt (check) hair band and earring tape (check)
what a fucking mongol you are,i said football is more physicaly demanded not more physical
look how many kms the average footballer runs in 90 minutes compared to an egg chaser
youve only got to look at some of the physique of egg chasers to realise you aint got to be super fit to play the game
Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
RobL

you fucking fairy... i think whybee summed it up pretty well....

id also put money on the training being 10times easier in football too..... 10-3 Monday - Friday, a few games and a few laps at the gym..... offfft.... heres your Ł10k this week....
you know fuck all mate ,youre a complete tool tbh
Old 04-06-2010, 07:19 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

Captain Gerrard, sounds nice
Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
chettle
Regular Contributor

you know fuck all mate ,youre a complete tool tbh
i know i go on the piss with several championship footballers on that routine... oh wait.... footballers cant drink or smoke.... like a 700bhp YB.....
Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED