General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

people shot dead in Cumbria

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:40 PM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

unfortunately been working in whitehaven today when all this was happening, just got home to find there is 12 + gunman dead. unfortunately i know some of the victims!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bet he is tenth prestige on Call Of Duty.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:56 PM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Coldo
This could have happened anywhere in the country just hope it never happens in your area and affect you in any way what so ever. Random shootings is what it says. Very heartless comments and its not what i would expect on here. Totally shocking, you should be ashamed.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by S3an
This could have happened anywhere in the country just hope it never happens in your area and affect you in any way what so ever. Random shootings is what it says. Very heartless comments and its not what i would expect on here. Totally shocking, you should be ashamed.

That is selective reading! I think people will find the footie joke a lot more offensive!!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

No need for any heartless comments seen as though their bodies are still lying where they fell.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:36 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP to those who lost there lives to the bastard.

Originally Posted by Coldo
Shouldn't but i did laugh at coldo's quote.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 PM
fiestamad
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

just been listening its on the news
Old 02-06-2010, 05:56 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the killer outside the taxi rank/

Old 02-06-2010, 07:05 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

that guy in the grey top does resemble him kind off from what you can see of him
Old 02-06-2010, 07:24 PM
RS SHAUN

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
There all nutters out west, shame about the victims though
Old 02-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Terrible tradgedy. Wonder if we will ever find out why?

RIP to all those poor people caught up in this mess
Old 02-06-2010, 07:38 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Very sad rip to all the innocent people
Old 02-06-2010, 07:45 PM
underdarkskies
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

shocking!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:48 PM
D.K.
BANNED
BANNED

Its like the Michael Ryan incident all over again
Old 02-06-2010, 08:22 PM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

RIP, sad news.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:40 PM
silky16v
Get on That!

un-believable what has happened i'm speechless 1 of the shooting was 400yrds from my house and my mate was on the taxi rank when the first killing took place
Old 02-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Series1Dry
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by danneth
"derrick bird has been called up by fabio capello for the england squad....he has had more shots in one morning than emile heskey did all season"

to soon?
What a total knobhead you are. I used to come on here a lot but not any more and it's reading comments like this which makes me wonder why i come on at all. Think of all the innocent people who won't be seeing their children and families again just cos they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You should hang your thick head in shame ! RIP to the victims.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Got to agree Danneth, Usually have time for you mate but fuck me, wrong time wrong thread!

RIP the innocent!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

no need for the jokes atall imo people are dead here very harsh imo
Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 PM
dp1958
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

no fucking joke this,brings back bad memories of dunblane, mate at work lost his kid in this by some odd ball/ misfit bastard with a gun licence, no cunt needs a fukin gun..
Old 02-06-2010, 10:46 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Originally Posted by dp1958
no cunt needs a fukin gun..
They're used for sport though...also, without them, there would be no re-enactment events, and I wouldn't have 2 of my main hobbies...

Go look up the statistics for people killed by guns, and people killed by car crashes in this country, and then tell me which one is worse...

I fear this is going to end up like the outcome of dunblane, with ignorant people demanding all shotguns now be banned, they'll have a very hard time of it though luckily!

Last edited by zetec-Sam; 02-06-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:04 PM
dp1958

ignorant people.. like i said to many odd fikin balls with guns, take a long hard look at yourself buddy
Old 02-06-2010, 11:08 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

take a long hard look at yourself buddy

Sorry, what? WTF are you trying to say because it makes no sence.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:16 PM
dp1958

what im saying is guns are for killing why do you feel the need to have one,
Old 02-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

ignorant people.. like i said to many odd fikin balls with guns, take a long hard look at yourself buddy
moron. you quite clearly dont know what your talking about.

Has it even been confirmed that the guy was a shotgun certificate holder????
Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
I fear this is going to end up like the outcome of dunblane, with ignorant people demanding all shotguns now be banned, they'll have a very hard time of it though luckily!
I suspect the same.

Although they will quite quickly be able to get the relatively easy shotgun certificate revoked and make it on the same terms for a full FAC.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:22 PM
dp1958

does it realy matter if he had a gun cert, take it your another prick thats got one
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Has it even been confirmed that the guy was a shotgun certificate holder????

I suspect the same.

Although they will quite quickly be able to get the relatively easy shotgun certificate revoked and make it on the same terms for a full FAC.
We had quite a few mad guys running around and killing people with guns in the last 10 years over here.

All of them were legally owned...

Why would anyone want to have a gun, let alone a shotgun at home?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Just as are knives, bows and arrows, swords and a multitude of things we take for granted.

Should we ban archery, all shooting sports, fencing, re-enactment etc all just because these weapons can also be used to kill???

How about all things that can be used to kill??? id like to see you live without all pointy tools, kitchen knives, motor vehicles etc etc.

Typical blinkered by emotion idiot!! the exact type of person the media and politicians want to rise to the media panic/bait and support moronic decisions with thier heart rather than their head!!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

does it realy matter if he had a gun cert, take it your another prick thats got one
and what if i have??? are you scared i might shoot you??? really get a fucking grip. Just rise to the bait! go on!

Originally Posted by PeterRST
Why would anyone want to have a gun, let alone a shotgun at home?
because they shoot for a hobby. just because you dont understand doesnt make it any less valid a sport. Hell i dont understand morris dancing doesnt mean i cant see that others like it.

maybe you should look over the atlantic where the average home has 7 guns. Surprised theres not more killing sprees over there.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:35 PM
dp1958

calm yourself chap,,
Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 PM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

Just as are knives, bows and arrows, swords and a multitude of things we take for granted.

Should we ban archery, all shooting sports, fencing, re-enactment etc all just because these weapons can also be used to kill???

How about all things that can be used to kill??? id like to see you live without all pointy tools, kitchen knives, motor vehicles etc etc.

Typical blinkered by emotion idiot!! the exact type of person the media and politicians want to rise to the media panic/bait and support moronic decisions with thier heart rather than their head!!
Mate I see your point and I also hate what you call "typical blinkered by emotion idiots". I absolutely dislike people who want to ban everything.

But on this subject, I have a different view. In the cases of school shootings we had here in Germany, the killers had a strong interest in guns.

Now you might say, "if we ban guns, they will just build a bomb or run people over with their car". I don't think it's like that though.

It's hard to explain but I think that all people sometimes flee into their hobbies if they get pissed off with their environment. When your wife cheats on you, the keen fisher will spend a day at the lake and the car nutter might go for a track day.

Now, the gun freak might just spend a day at the firing range. But you have to admit that the threshold between that and shooting at people is a lot lower than the connection between fishing and shooting at people.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:49 PM
dp1958

rejected by society, that is where the problems would start, its just to risky to let anyone own weapons particularly guns,
Old 03-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Mate I see your point and I also hate what you call "typical blinkered by emotion idiots". I absolutely dislike people who want to ban everything.
because thats the way the media and politicians work. they jump on outrage and emotional outburst to gain support. they did it in dunblane. the ban has done nothing to reduce gun crime.

the people in power know people will rise to the bait over any morally wrong issue and play on thier fears and anger/hatred as they know lots of people are incapable of seeing past their emotions and seeing a rational/logical arguement. its how papers make money and how politicians get in power!!

But on this subject, I have a different view. In the cases of school shootings we had here in Germany, the killers had a strong interest in guns.

Now you might say, "if we ban guns, they will just build a bomb or run people over with their car". I don't think it's like that though.
no, they will just get guns illegally.

you can say the same with any interest in weapons or anything dangerous.

It's hard to explain but I think that all people sometimes flee into their hobbies if they get pissed off with their environment. When your wife cheats on you, the keen fisher will spend a day at the lake and the car nutter might go for a track day.

Now, the gun freak might just spend a day at the firing range. But you have to admit that the threshold between that and shooting at people is a lot lower than the connection between fishing and shooting at people.
a desire to shoot paper circles is completely different to shooting a person. A hunter i would agree the difference is not so great, similar with a trained soldier going mad who is trained to kill. but shooting sports generally, no.

rejected by society, that is where the problems would start, its just to risky to let anyone own weapons particularly guns,
define "too risky".

we have a multitude of weapons in our homes. lets ban them all

the car is the most lethal weapon most of us own. If you want to kill, the car is the quickest and most effective method.

remember it took him 3 hours to kill 12 and injure 27. Thats a long time.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:30 AM
KregRS

My gf used to live in Whitehaven with her ex, she knew one of those killed. Its a shame he killed himself, took the cowards way out, no one going to know why he took all those lives, such a selfish and pointless act, to lose someone you love is heartbreaking, but to never know the reason why, must be indescribable.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Yeah for killing game and sport(shotguns at least). Just some cunt like this ruins it for everybody getting ridiculous laws imposed, etc. That's like saying no one should have a car because some nutter could drive down a pavement and kill loads of people. It's not even confirmed whether he had a shotgun license yet.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Is it really? What about farmers that don't want to have their crops destroyed? I suppose they're all too dangerous to be given a gun, even though there have been loads of people owning guns without incidents like this for years. One madman and you think it's too risky to let people own guns?! Get a grip! If anyone wanted to get a gun to do something like this they could get one anyway without a license... they certainly wouldn't need to be permitted to own one legally.

People like you are going to make the UK a nanny state where people aren't trusted with any kind of responsibility. That's more dangerous in the long run.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:49 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

WTF so you're saying that everyone that owns a gun is a prick? I'd put money on one of your friends (well, if you actually have any) either having a gun, or a member of his/her family having one. Are they now pricks because of that? I'm not sure what makes me a prick for shooting targets, clay pigeons, and also doing re-enactment events, where shotgun/explosive certs. are needed, because it'd be mighty boring without the bangs! You're one of the ignorant fools that I was talking about, you're not educated enough on the subject to comment on it. As already said, if he wanted to kill with a gun, even if he wasn't licensed, he could have got an illegal gun alot easier than you'd think.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 AM
dp1958

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
WTF so you're saying that everyone that owns a gun is a prick? I'd put money on one of your friends (well, if you actually have any) either having a gun, or a member of his/her family having one. Are they now pricks because of that? I'm not sure what makes me a prick for shooting targets, clay pigeons, and also doing re-enactment events, where shotgun/explosive certs. are needed, because it'd be mighty boring without the bangs! You're one of the ignorant fools that I was talking about, you're not educated enough on the subject to comment on it. As already said, if he wanted to kill with a gun, even if he wasn't licensed, he could have got an illegal gun alot easier than you'd think.
got loads of mates/family,and no dont know of any that feels the need to own a gun, just normal people, that do normal activities,tell you what, go get your head looked....
Old 03-06-2010, 10:32 AM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

got loads of mates/family,and no dont know of any that feels the need to own a gun, just normal people, that do normal activities,tell you what, go get your head looked....
You sir are a cock.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 AM
PeterRST
Don't mention ze Vor

no, they will just get guns illegally.
Would they take all that effort? Or would they have cooled down meanwhile? My point is: It's a lot easier to go on a killing spree with a gun ready at your hands. In all the shootings over here, the people who did it had easy legal access to guns and it happened "in the heat of the passion".

And also, I absolutely understand that shooting is a sport to quite a lot of people but why on earth do you need a 12 gauge shotgun for that? And even more, why do you need to keep that at home, not at the shooting range?

Quick Reply: people shot dead in Cumbria