General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who plays Guitar

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Yeah I've noticed some peoples sweeps sound mechanical and then some peoples sound very "organic". Guess it's just practice I guess....

But pinches are great! Fuck Zakk, he just over uses them! A well placed harmonic can be perfect, specially in a slower tempo solo piece like yours. A little sustain feedback would have worked in it too...

Damn, I should go into producing lol
True, will give it another and see how it sounds. I got alot of people telling me to go on BGT which would be amusing as i am against those types of shows. Will see what happens LOL
Old 04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Mate you wouldn't get anywhere near it!

Unless you take a duck dressed as Hitler with you or something equally as stupid
Old 04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Phil2002
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Pardeep
True, will give it another and see how it sounds. I got alot of people telling me to go on BGT which would be amusing as i am against those types of shows. Will see what happens LOL

just come up with some lame sob story and your bound to win!!
Simon cowel doesn't have a clue about music he just goes with what ever will make him the most money and as for him knowing anything about talent is a joke.

I do watch BGT as my other half watches it and the young lad that plays the drums has my vote i think he is amazing for his age considering he has only be playing for a short while but it will probably be another boring street dance act again.

my rant over about BGT

Pardeep if you enter next year you can count on my vote.

cheers,
Phil
Old 04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Mr Cowell does know a thing or two about music. It might not be the music you like, but you saying he knows nothing about music is like saying Mr Hadland knows nothing about engines
Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Mate you wouldn't get anywhere near it!

Unless you take a duck dressed as Hitler with you or something equally as stupid
Slipknot mask, don't answer anything they ask, play the piece, walk off stage LOL

Originally Posted by Phil2002
just come up with some lame sob story and your bound to win!!
Simon cowel doesn't have a clue about music he just goes with what ever will make him the most money and as for him knowing anything about talent is a joke.

I do watch BGT as my other half watches it and the young lad that plays the drums has my vote i think he is amazing for his age considering he has only be playing for a short while but it will probably be another boring street dance act again.

my rant over about BGT

Pardeep if you enter next year you can count on my vote.

cheers,
Phil
Thanks mate

Mr Cowell does know a thing or two about music. It might not be the music you like, but you saying he knows nothing about music is like saying Mr Hadland knows nothing about engines
I wouldn't say he knows a thing or two. I think he know more about what will sell and what he can line his pockets with lol

On a side note, i got my Axe FX Ultra today
Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I'm not saying he's a musician, but I think he does know a bit or two. You spend long enough in any environment, you will pick things up. And he hasn't been as successful as he has without learning a thing or two
Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

I'm not saying he's a musician, but I think he does know a bit or two. You spend long enough in any environment, you will pick things up. And he hasn't been as successful as he has without learning a thing or two
True but he's still a Cunt
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Phil2002

I dissagree simon cowl knows fuck all about music he couldn't write of produce a piece of music no better than you or i could all he know is how to market someone and make money off them.

He made himself look like a complete twat on the xfactor failing to knock out jedward when he had a chance but he knew they would pull in viewers in the end making him more money so for him to think that they had musical credability is a joke!

mr cowl is money money money

and yes Pardeep he is a cunt indeed along with louie walsh.

Phil
Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

I dissagree simon cowl knows fuck all about music he couldn't write of produce a piece of music no better than you or i could all he know is how to market someone and make money off them.

He made himself look like a complete twat on the xfactor failing to knock out jedward when he had a chance but he knew they would pull in viewers in the end making him more money so for him to think that they had musical credability is a joke!

Phil
I want to punch Louie Walsh square in the bollocks!!! He's another cunt i can't stand.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I play Guitar Hero occasionally if that helps And Simon Cowell didn't make money with people that weren't talanted. And he will only entertain anyone on BGT or The X Factor if he can make some money as he's a businessman. I didn't see Richard Bransen sign Jedward when their record label dropped them thank fuck.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Phil
You know him personally then eh?

What line of work are you in? I guess you know a bit about that industry/product your line of work is in huh? Myself, I work in the automotive glass industry - and I know a fucking lot about it. Not cos I've read up on it or researched it, but just because I've been involved in that industry for a long time.

So do you think there's a chance that Simon Cowell, a man who has been INCREDIBLY successful in his field/industry, a man thats made a LOT of money and a man that been behind some of the biggest stars and some of the most successful groups in music - there might be a small chance he knows what the fuck he's talking about?

And no, I didn't say he could write music - in fact, if you care to read, and not just selectively scan posts picking out the bits you want, you'll see I said he's no musician. But to say he knows nothing about music is such a stupid ill-educated thing to say.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Phil2002

You know him personally then eh?

What line of work are you in? I guess you know a bit about that industry/product your line of work is in huh? Myself, I work in the automotive glass industry - and I know a fucking lot about it. Not cos I've read up on it or researched it, but just because I've been involved in that industry for a long time.

So do you think there's a chance that Simon Cowell, a man who has been INCREDIBLY successful in his field/industry, a man thats made a LOT of money and a man that been behind some of the biggest stars and some of the most successful groups in music - there might be a small chance he knows what the fuck he's talking about?

And no, I didn't say he could write music - in fact, if you care to read, and not just selectively scan posts picking out the bits you want, you'll see I said he's no musician. But to say he knows nothing about music is such a stupid ill-educated thing to say.
And in your spare time your a keyboard warrior now if you don't mind fuck off out my thread about guitars and stop brown nosing simon cowel on it. Fitting car windscreens is hardly rocket science mate there aint too much you need to know take a broken window out put a new one in ta dar job done.

Thanks,
Phil

with love
Old 06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Phil2002

Back to my guitar thread been learning Heart shaped box by nirvana got the intro down to a fine t.

cheers,
Phil
Old 06-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Pardeep - very impressive

I'd love to learn to play the guitar.. Maybe acoustic to start with but I only have small hands so assume it could be an issue
Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Westy

I'd love to learn to play the guitar.. Maybe acoustic to start with but I only have small hands so assume it could be an issue
I got small hands but i can play both Acoustic and Electric.

Stop making excuses and pick up a guitar lol
Old 07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

And in your spare time your a keyboard warrior now if you don't mind fuck off out my thread about guitars and stop brown nosing simon cowel on it. Fitting car windscreens is hardly rocket science mate there aint too much you need to know take a broken window out put a new one in ta dar job done.

Thanks,
Phil

with love

Never at anypoint was I "brown nosing" anyone - I sense a bit of the green eyed monster about you tho

But fine, do come out for a day with me and see if you can do my job as well as I do it - I'd love to see that. (although that was never in question, so not sure why you've brought it up?)

I do find it so amusing tho that you seem to "hate" Simon Cowell so very very much, and are having a go at me for talking about him, but it was you that brought him up in the first place? Talk about complex

Whatever dude, I was going to help you with guitar stuff, but I can see it's not worth me wasting my time... Some people!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Phil2002

Never at anypoint was I "brown nosing" anyone - I sense a bit of the green eyed monster about you tho

But fine, do come out for a day with me and see if you can do my job as well as I do it - I'd love to see that. (although that was never in question, so not sure why you've brought it up?)

I do find it so amusing tho that you seem to "hate" Simon Cowell so very very much, and are having a go at me for talking about him, but it was you that brought him up in the first place? Talk about complex

Whatever dude, I was going to help you with guitar stuff, but I can see it's not worth me wasting my time... Some people!
Too be honest i couldn't care less what you find amusing and how well you can fit window

So as your not going to contribute with anything about playing a guitar then this thread is not for you.

cheers,
Phil
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Oh is it not?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Phil2002

Oh is it not?
No
Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Oh
Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Phil2002

Just give it a go mate i bought a second hand guitar off ebay for about £120(it's not great but it'll do me to learn on)

From searching about on the net i found that people with big hands were having problems muting strings with their sausage sized fingers.

Get one you know it makes sence!

cheers,
Phil
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Just give it a go mate i bought a second hand guitar off ebay for about £120(it's not great but it'll do me to learn on)

From searching about on the net i found that people with big hands were having problems muting strings with their sausage sized fingers.

Get one you know it makes sence!

cheers,
Phil
Nothing wrong with cheap guitars. I always remember David Lee Roth saying 'If you can't do it on a $100 guitar, you won't be able to do it on a $1000 guitar'

Stick by that and you'll be a great player