General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

the england game

Search this Thread

Old 30-05-2010, 01:13 PM
turbolee
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default the england game

any one else think england have no chance of winning the world cup the last few games they have played so poor whats wrong with the players we should piss winning japan.we have some of the best players in the world but just cant play as a team
Old 30-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not looking good this game it is only a friendly

Brian
Old 30-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Carnt even score a penalty

Brian
Old 30-05-2010, 01:34 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Shit... Just look lazy and disinterested, bar Rooney who is as usual going in for everything!
Old 30-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

From what i have seen (watching this and F1) Rooney is lucky he hasnt had a red card

Brian
Old 30-05-2010, 01:57 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

winning 2-1 without scoring
Old 30-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
winning 2-1 without scoring
Was just thinking the same

Brian

Trending Topics

Old 30-05-2010, 02:11 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a friendly and we usually are shite in friendlys
at the end of the day we`ve played shit last two games and still managed beat two teams who will be at the world cup
not all doom and gloom
Old 30-05-2010, 02:13 PM
turbolee
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

well done japan
Old 30-05-2010, 02:43 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by turbolee
any one else think england have no chance of winning the world cup the last few games they have played so poor whats wrong with the players we should piss winning japan.we have some of the best players in the world but just cant play as a team

That's the problem with some English fans, they expect us to smash every country at least 3-0 just because its our sport, doesn't work that way. This game was about the altitude and getting used to it for South Africa.

Lazy start but we controlled the game being deep in their half most of the match, especially the second half. We won those two games without playing great and Mexico were very good but we still won. We were brilliant in WC qualification and the next proper games are NEXT!!

Originally Posted by RobL
its a friendly and we usually are shite in friendlys
at the end of the day we`ve played shit last two games and still managed beat two teams who will be at the world cup
not all doom and gloom
Well said. Capello tried a few things, we won, job done.

This video might get some in the spirit, quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEu_5...layer_embedded
Old 30-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

England will NOT win the world cup. they have a chance, but IMHO, there not even one of the favorites, just one of the teams that have a chance, IF, they play out of there skin, and the favorites like Spain etc, dont get the rub of the green.
Old 30-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont understand how you can justify that performance skeg. Take your tinted specs off and have a step back.

I know you are passionate about the teams you love (utd/england) and i'll commend that but sometimes sense must prevail... England were fucking awful.
Old 30-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

england are fucking shit. end of.

englands football success seems to follow the failure of england as a country. notice this country has gone downhill since 1966 in almost all areas of social and economic functioning. football seems to have followed suit

we are a shitty country with a shitty football team why is this a surprise to so many people??
Old 30-05-2010, 03:52 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fiddy
England will NOT win the world cup. they have a chance, but IMHO, there not even one of the favorites, just one of the teams that have a chance, IF, they play out of there skin, and the favorites like Spain etc, dont get the rub of the green.
I agree we won't win it but its still great to be there. With our full team out in an important game, with a good manager who know's how we'll do on the12th and onwards.

Originally Posted by Coldo
I dont understand how you can justify that performance skeg. Take your tinted specs off and have a step back.

I know you are passionate about the teams you love (utd/england) and i'll commend that but sometimes sense must prevail... England were fucking awful.
Not justifying it as such, I'm just not one of those people who do the typical knee-jerk reaction when the football isn't perfect and we don't score loads. Capello tried some players, systems + a test at altitude so the win was just a bonus. He now says he knows the 23 so you have to expect us to be better at the WC.

Qualification and the competition itself is where it matters and half of that we've done.
Old 30-05-2010, 04:00 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver

englands football success seems to follow the failure of england as a country. notice this country has gone downhill since 1966 in almost all areas of social and economic functioning. football seems to have followed suit

we are a shitty country with a shitty football team why is this a surprise to so many people??

Are you English? Its sad to see posts like this especially when we've just won a game and we're at the World cup which is next. Have people forgotten Euro 2008 and McClaren already?

Its no wonder we have some booing our players is it. Myself I couldn't give a toss about friendlies, they're there to do a testing job nothing more. I'll look forward to the 3 games, get behind the team and if we get more games then great.

Why demand England play great in every game AND demand they bring home the WC. Were Inter Milan great in the CL final or did they have 30% of the ball? Wins a win.
Old 30-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by skeg
Wins a win.
Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or mile winnings, winning!
Rich
Old 30-05-2010, 04:31 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or mile winnings, winning!
Rich

Yes but we were so poor against these two world cup sides that we were lucky we didn't blow the welds on the intake.
Old 30-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take your tinted specs off and have a step back.
Im getting good at that, first was liverpool, now england. both actually have a couple of BIG things in common, one, the HUGE expectation on them, and two, neither are actually as good as there fans think they are.
Old 30-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

shitty team?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...llranking.html

9th out of about 207 is shit?
Old 30-05-2010, 05:12 PM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

so if your in a race and all the other cars go home and you win cos your the only one left its ok is it??-----------2 home goals and were in with a chance!!!!!-get real
we need better dont we???>>>>>> answers please to mike basset,hes got the best team
Old 30-05-2010, 05:15 PM
B19 JUB

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

why is this country so good at knocking down our national side.the media have done it now some of u.a win is a win and these two games were just for capello to see who he wants at the world cup.we aint gonna beat every team 3-0+ but do what we need to do to win games which its about.

look at plus things not negatives

EENNGGGLLLLLAAAAANNNNNDDDDD
Old 30-05-2010, 05:24 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

probably from pakistan

Last edited by ricky_2006; 30-05-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 30-05-2010, 06:34 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by ricky_2006
probably a paki
Bye bye
Old 30-05-2010, 07:14 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agreed, no need for that.
Old 30-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

probably a paki
twat
Old 30-05-2010, 07:45 PM
ricky_2006

i shortened country pakistan
Old 30-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Escy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

England are crap, all these wins your getting against garbage teams is giving you a false sense of where they actually are.

So far you've played 3 good sides since Capello has been in charge. France, Spain and Brazil. Got spanked in all of them.

Mexico out played you, Japan were comfortable, soaking everything England had up. You mark my words, 1st decent side England play and they are coming home.

Don't give it the big one about the qualifying campaign, it was the easiest group you've probably ever had. The only 'big' side was Croatia and they are a shadow of what they were (Wales only lost 2-0 away to them and we had 15 players out and even had a non league come on)

I predict England will be coming home at the hands of a lesser ranked team.
Old 30-05-2010, 07:48 PM
ricky_2006

anyway what the difference if we was talking about something else and a foreigner called me a english white boy. that aint classed as racist.
Old 30-05-2010, 08:08 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by Escy
England are crap, all these wins your getting against garbage teams is giving you a false sense of where they actually are.

So far you've played 3 good sides since Capello has been in charge. France, Spain and Brazil. Got spanked in all of them.

Mexico out played you, Japan were comfortable, soaking everything England had up. You mark my words, 1st decent side England play and they are coming home.

Don't give it the big one about the qualifying campaign, it was the easiest group you've probably ever had. The only 'big' side was Croatia and they are a shadow of what they were (Wales only lost 2-0 away to them and we had 15 players out and even had a non league come on)

fuck off sheep,noones interested what you think
and with you being welsh your in no posistion to comment tbh
noones expecting to win it,but as long as we are their competing there is hope
Old 30-05-2010, 08:27 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Maybe you're right but at least we are there, the rest of you ain't. No need to be bitter, sitting there with your voodoo doll. You lot can't say ANYTHING.

anyway what the difference if we was talking about something else and a foreigner called me a english white boy. that aint classed as racist.

No one has called you an English white boy in here!!!!!
Old 30-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Escy

Why bring Wales into it, it's about England and their imminent failure at the World Cup.

I'm supporting Brazil.
Old 30-05-2010, 11:06 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couldn't agree more, but winning as well as been awful will do. I dont believe for one moment that we will win the world cup, but i do believe as individuals we have the players/talent to do it... where just not consistant enough, im sure we might get a hard game while out there and show some brilliance followed by some awfulness against some shitters no doubt
Old 30-05-2010, 11:07 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why bring Wales into it, it's about England and their imminent failure at the World Cup.

I'm supporting Brazil.

Couldn't agree more... bringing wales into world cup talk just doesn't go
Old 31-05-2010, 09:49 AM
RobL

i wonder if you actually know anything about football at all
you think england will play with that formation or starting eleven at the world cup? its a warm up match to have a look at a few players and a few of them that played wont even be on the plane to south africa

spain just managed to beat saudi arabia the other night 3-2 with a last minute goal starting with their strongest team,they were awfull aparently
and portugal drew 0-0 with some team ive never heard of cape verde who are ranked 117 in the world and portugal are ranked 3rd,same again strongest team ronaldo and co only managed two shots on goal the entire game

what a shit world cup we are in for,everyones gonna be fucking awfull judging by the friendly warm ups

Last edited by RobL; 31-05-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 31-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

you think england will play with that formation or starting eleven at the world cup? its a warm up match to have a look at a few players and a few of them that played wont even be on the plane to south africa

spain just managed to beat saudi arabia the other night 3-2 with a last minute goal starting with their strongest team,they were awfull aparently
and portugal drew 0-0 with some team ive never heard of cape verde who are ranked 117 in the world and portugal are ranked 3rd,same again strongest team ronaldo and co only managed two shots on goal the entire game

what a shit world cup we are in for,everyones gonna be fucking awfull judging by the friendly warm ups
I was about mention the Spain and Portugal games after looking through all the results earlier.
Looks like we'll just have to wait and see but there is no way i'm writing off England on the basis of a couple of friendlys.
Rich
Old 31-05-2010, 04:35 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Because its getting real boring watching you as well as some of the Scottish and Irish act like big babies all over the web. How can you call us shit and discuss failure, have you even seen Wales at a world cup in your lifetime? No matter how bad we do, you can't laugh at us although we know you'll try when we do lose. I'm guessing you feel like Newcastle fans, having to watch Sunderland in the Premiership for a season.

The country is excited, who wouldn't be so stop spoiling it like some child and let us enjoy it.

I'm supporting Brazil.
Well you should be supporting Wales, oh wait...........................

Good post. Sadly unless England win every time by 3 clear goals they're slated by some people, driven by the press. WC hasn't even started yet and some are calling us all kinds. Do well and we're over rated, always the same.
Old 31-05-2010, 05:06 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by turbolee
any one else think england have no chance of winning the world cup

Hope so, sooner my cunt of a neighbour takes those pikey flags off his van the better!
Old 31-05-2010, 05:20 PM
cossiejay

they won didnt they
Old 31-05-2010, 05:54 PM
ronf42

Originally Posted by skeg
Because its getting real boring watching you as well as some of the Scottish and Irish act like big babies all over the web. How can you call us shit and discuss failure, have you even seen Wales at a world cup in your lifetime?

The country is excited, who wouldn't be so stop spoiling it like some child and let us enjoy it.

Well you should be supporting Wales, oh wait...........................

ok you love your football, I understand that.
But as in the quote above, the welsh and scots are acting like babies as you say, then you comment by asking if the poster had seen Wales in a world cup in his lifetime, then comment again on spoiling it like a child, then comment yet again on supporting wales but have a dig again at them not being in the world cup, then your sig goes on again about who is and who isnt at the world cup.
Who is acting like a baby then?
Old 31-05-2010, 06:15 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ronf42
ok you love your football, I understand that.
But as in the quote above, the welsh and scots are acting like babies as you say, then you comment by asking if the poster had seen Wales in a world cup in his lifetime, then comment again on spoiling it like a child, then comment yet again on supporting wales but have a dig again at them not being in the world cup, then your sig goes on again about who is and who isnt at the world cup.
Who is acting like a baby then?
You're totally right, what a big baby I'am. So sorry, I do apologise for coming into a Wales game thread and sounding bitter about a team who's one of the lucky teams at the World cup, I also apologise for starting the thread up about Scottish flag Mars bars being released for sale in England shops and finally for having that pre planned signature 'dig' for more than 24 hours. Sorry chap.

Do forgive me.

Quick Reply: the england game