General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what phone..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts
Default what phone..

right got phone upgrade coming up and want to know whats a good phone...im not to fussy over the i-phone because of the camera being shite...i just want a very good fone for quality pics video`s......

what you guys/gals recommend???.....
Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
L33 BYT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same dilema at the minute, I am trying to decide between HTC desire on Blackberry bold 9700
Old 12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Rsmat
300+

yup doing my head in tbh with ya.
Old 13-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Jonzy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by L33BYT
Same dilema at the minute, I am trying to decide between HTC desire on Blackberry bold 9700
I've got both, but prefer the Desire for the sheer speed and its interface. The berry is great for email, not much else.
Old 13-05-2010, 02:25 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

satio/x10 showed you them both yesterday :P
Old 13-05-2010, 05:16 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

just got a desire, great phone but fuck me the battery is PROPER shite, needs charging everyday at least, im not even a heavy user either! Im using taskiller to close unwanted aps whenever phone is not in use but its still dire.
Old 13-05-2010, 06:17 PM
749steve
Advanced PassionFord User

I've just got a I phone and now I wish I had kept my samsung tocco. The picture quality was far better.
Old 13-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by danneth
satio/x10 showed you them both yesterday :P

think im gona go for a satio. then brother.
Old 13-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Nick.W

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have just got an upgrade to the Nokia N900 smartphone. Cant fault it. I am no phone geek but was told it has a 6.2 mp camera, it also has a proper firefox browser unlike the Iphone and 32gig memory as standard. Battery is a bit shit though, but im guessing this is the case with most smartphones
Old 13-05-2010, 06:28 PM
eoeumc
It's ALIVE..Well sort of!

I got the Sony Satio back in October last year and I am still very impressed with the quality of the camera pics. They are really good and it takes a good pic without flash. If its dark and you have the flash on, it really does light up the room. The only proper reason why I got the phone tbh

I know its not a good ad for the phone, but the pic in my sig was taken on my phone
Old 13-05-2010, 06:28 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HigginsRST
I have just got an upgrade to the Nokia N900 smartphone. Cant fault it. I am no phone geek but was told it has a 6.2 mp camera, it also has a proper firefox browser unlike the Iphone and 32gig memory as standard. Battery is a bit shit though, but im guessing this is the case with most smartphones
Awesome phones those, and you have to remember IT IS a mini computer not just a phone with internet, thats why the battery life is never go to set any world records.

All smartphones like the iphone/ nseries phone etc you'd be lucky to get 2 full days, unless you just didnt touch the phone at all, then you may get alittle longer

EDIT did you know that you can play snes/megadrive games on the N900? using an emulator? search youtube really cant believe what you can do on mobile phones these days! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3X1pDALSzE

Last edited by BM08; 13-05-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 13-05-2010, 06:31 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive got a satio amazing camera 12.1mega pixels easy to use but a real ball ache to down load the pics to computer but i think its more the computers fault than the satio
Old 13-05-2010, 06:36 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by andy escos
ive got a satio amazing camera 12.1mega pixels easy to use but a real ball ache to down load the pics to computer but i think its more the computers fault than the satio
Ive heard that Sony ericssions software is crap, takes ages to load up and then when its loaded it takes ages to do what you want to do, and also apparently you cant just connect the phone to a pc and drag and drop files, you need the sony software.

Thats what ive read elsewhere
Old 13-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Nick.W

Originally Posted by BM08
Awesome phones those, and you have to remember IT IS a mini computer not just a phone with internet, thats why the battery life is never go to set any world records.

All smartphones like the iphone/ nseries phone etc you'd be lucky to get 2 full days, unless you just didnt touch the phone at all, then you may get alittle longer

EDIT did you know that you can play snes/megadrive games on the N900? using an emulator? search youtube really cant believe what you can do on mobile phones these days! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3X1pDALSzE
Yeah I noticed that actually and downloaded Nokia's version of the App for the Sega Gamegear. How do you get games on it,? when i open the function it tries to look for a game I'm guessing on the memory card, i have no ideas where you get the games from though.

Probably sound a bit dense but as I said in the first post technology doesn't come easy to me
Old 13-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Nick.W

Ive heard that Sony ericssions software is crap, takes ages to load up and then when its loaded it takes ages to do what you want to do, and also apparently you cant just connect the phone to a pc and drag and drop files, you need the sony software.

Thats what ive read elsewhere
My Mrs works in the telecoms part of tesco's and was going to buy a Satio for herself but was advised against it as there was a big recall on them for software problems, maybe worth getting it checked out. Meant to be good phones if working properly though.
Old 13-05-2010, 06:58 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got one too,awesome phone imo.
Old 13-05-2010, 07:13 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Yeah I noticed that actually and downloaded Nokia's version of the App for the Sega Gamegear. How do you get games on it,? when i open the function it tries to look for a game I'm guessing on the memory card, i have no ideas where you get the games from though.

Probably sound a bit dense but as I said in the first post technology doesn't come easy to me
Not dense chap, some things you just dont know unless you ask! but i do know that you need the actual emulator(can be found on that guys youtube vid/profile) and then you need the roms, a rom is just another word for the actual game, again the info etc is on that guys youtube account, hes done a few how-to videos.

Here is a link to a site with roms on it, it has loads of different console games by the looks of it http://www.coolrom.com/
Old 13-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Nick.W

Not dense chap, some things you just dont know unless you ask! but i do know that you need the actual emulator(can be found on that guys youtube vid/profile) and then you need the roms, a rom is just another word for the actual game, again the info etc is on that guys youtube account, hes done a few how-to videos.

Here is a link to a site with roms on it, it has loads of different console games by the looks of it http://www.coolrom.com/

Nice 1, cheers!