General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

National day 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSGARETHW
can see your point dunc but I can also see it from dave's side as well.. I mean its the 1 biggest show of the year that you expect to have everything.. Just out of interest will this be priced the same as if it was at donnington ?
Prices havent been sorted yet but as standford is cheaper than donno to hire then the ticket price will be cheaper i should think

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
Duncan,

i can see where your coming from but it will not attract the people it needs with being a static show,but,it will be better than nothing though.

well done for getting that sorted, i'm sure the buftys out there will be happy....you included..lol.
we all would have liked it to be at donno but just couldnt run the risk off going with them and then being let down right at the last minute as they dont have the place sorted and then having no show, people having booked and then being let down as last year was bad enouth when they moved the dates forward so with this we had to go the safe route and go with standford and i think anyone in the same position would have done the same. the show will be different to what you might except from a static show and well worth going to and when more things are releast about the show i hope the people that are saying "not worth going to" might change there mind, like i said dont give up on it before you see what it has to offer.

cheers
dunc
Old 02-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Why are most car shows down south.Do they not realise people live further north of leeds lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:01 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by white2lsr
Dont worry mate, Jill and I can take your car and put it on the registrars stand for you
Like i said on the phone your more than welcome mate as i deffo won't be going, you have to pay for the petrol though
Old 02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
white2lsr
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
Like i said on the phone your more than welcome mate as i deffo won't be going, you have to pay for the petrol though
Its a deal. Ill get saving

Least I wont be going to an RS show in an ST this year
Old 02-05-2010, 09:35 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

To all the grumblers - YOU try putting on a track and show event at relatively short notice. I think we should be applauding the efforts not picking holes in the choice of venue.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
Why are most car shows down south.Do they not realise people live further north of leeds lol.
Because the majority of people don't live north of Leeds, so it makes sense to be central for the majority of people.

I'd hardly called Leicestershire south anyway
Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
To all the grumblers - YOU try putting on a track and show event at relatively short notice. I think we should be applauding the efforts not picking holes in the choice of venue.
Exactly what i've been saying in my earlier posts. I think they deserve credit for the fact that they even thought of having a back up plan (Stanford Hall) in the event of not being able to get Donny or any other track based venue.
Well done to the committee for at least managing to arrange something and i hope it all goes well on the day.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:28 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

I think Stanford Hall's a great place and it will make a refreshing change to cleaning sheep shite off the car instead of copious amounts of dust from that horrible gravelly parking area not to mention the stone chips the arsehole in front of you created from spinning off in front of you!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

sheep shit well thats long gone as sheep havent been on there for years
Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 AM
1846 focus
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
well done to the committee for arranging this. Last year i arranged to attend nd as a surprise for my family including ferry travel, hotels and the like as we have to travel from guernsey.when the date got changed emma in the rsoc office was outstanding arrangeing our show tickets . we will be attending again this year track action or not!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by massivewangers
Because the majority of people don't live north of Leeds, so it makes sense to be central for the majority of people.

I'd hardly called Leicestershire south anyway
Its miles away from leeds though lol.