General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

National day 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National day 2010

Just had a look on the rsoc forum and there is a post saying national day is on the 26th september at a place called Stanford Hall.

So looks like its just going to be a static show this year
Old 01-05-2010, 06:28 PM
jonnyboy
PassionFord Regular

going back to its roots, it was held there years ago iirc?( stands to be corrected)

once(and if) donington gets sorted hopefully it will return there
Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice setting to be, used to go there many years ago when Ford Fair was held there.

Steve
Old 01-05-2010, 06:38 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

I used to go to the SEOC national day when it was there, really nice location for a show that. Shame Nat Day will be static though!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

http://www.stanfordhall.co.uk/events.html
they don't mention it !

September
26 Midland Austin 7 Car Club Rally (P)
L E Velo Annual Rally

Last edited by RS500/364; 01-05-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Xr2iTurbo
Regular Contributor

ive never been to a show at this place but glad national day is back on,is there a place to camp so a weekend can be made of it ?looking forward to it now anyways stupid question but where is it plz how far roughly from hull
Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 PM
john_p_b
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

excellent decision to take the show back there, yeah there's going to be the usual moaning track boys but then it'll make a change after the event not to hear how much the day was ruined by bad driving and engine blow ups.

really looking forward to it personally.

Trending Topics

Old 01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

I prefer shows to be static. If you want track time, do a trackday!!!

Shows are about showing, getting sunburn and eating half cooked bbq sausages....
Old 01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rab
I prefer shows to be static. If you want track time, do a trackday!!!
My thoughts exactly, with Ford fair pretty close i get to see similar cars go round a track.

Unfortunately i won't be there as my missus is due the day after so don't want to be 250 miles away if she goes into labour
Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

so whats wrong with having a track day AND a static show like it has been for years...

if you don't like the track day,don't bother watching and stay on the grass getting sun burnt and having a bbq etc...why are you bothered if other people want track action instead of cars parked up,the trackday suits everyone.

imo, if it was not for the track day the rsoc would of died a while back,the track and action days,santa pod etc... get more people there than just the static shows thats why the regional clubs try to organise a track day for their event.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
john_p_b

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nothing wrong with a combined track and static show but it was proving impossible for the club to find a venue that suited everyones needs. the last 3 years national day hasn't been the roaring success it once was so the way i see it the club has played safe. it's not like there hasn't been a good few track days organised with shows for this year.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:04 PM
H7 CYA
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Really enjoyed national day in past years.. may give it a go this year!!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

it was hard to find a venue thats cheap and suits everyones need yes, but you know and the rsoc club know that the trackdays are what brings more people to the show.

you have only got to look at Castle Combe,Croft,Ford Fair,Trax,Santa Pod etc...look how many people turn up for them,there are the static boys there too showing there cars and the track lads doing what they like doing too,suits everyone,even the spectators.

if they do a static show this year,i won't be going....as you see the same cars all the time parked up...lol.

there are more static shows throughout the year than track aswell.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 PM
T3ORA

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
so whats wrong with having a track day AND a static show like it has been for years...

if you don't like the track day,don't bother watching and stay on the grass getting sun burnt and having a bbq etc...why are you bothered if other people want track action instead of cars parked up,the trackday suits everyone.

well said
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
bad boy rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if theres no track action i wont be going
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Rab

imo, if it was not for the track day the rsoc would of died a while back,the track and action days,santa pod etc... get more people there than just the static shows thats why the regional clubs try to organise a track day for their event.

It's the cost mate. Hiring a venue that has a track/marhsalls and so on pushes the price up for all the lazy fuckers who want food poisoning from Iceland burgers!

I'm ALL for track days, just on there own!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Rab,

the cost for the day is covered by the gate attendance,and there is profit in it, hence why the smaller clubs want to do the trackdays.

i cannot see what difference it makes having a trackday and a static day all in one, its GOT to be better for ALL the members and the visiting people than just a static day.

why have a trackday on its own.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:32 PM
H7 CYA

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think its good to have a bit of variety...its nice to have a wonder round and then chill out watching some sprint/track action
Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by H7 CYA
i think its good to have a bit of variety...its nice to have a wonder round and then chill out watching some sprint/track action

exactly....whats wrong with having both,everyones happy
Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

well a static national day better than no nationa dayl at all

Last edited by Less.; 01-05-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Agree Dave,

it's a joke - the stanford show was always good, but nat day needs track action. Oulton?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:24 PM
mr_joe0606

Beat me to it was at time attack other weekend and oulton park is rly good
Old 01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Chris C.
Virgin

Although the RSOC Committee really wanted a show at Donington in '10, and we did all we possibly could to try and secure this (in addition to searching for alternative circuits suitable for ND) we all felt that we had reached an impasse and had to make a descision as time was ticking by.

The lack of any track action is obviously going to be a down-side for many visitors, however we are confident returning back to our roots and the stunning setting of Stanford Hall will prove to be a great event - not just any other static car show, but the biggest gathering of RS's in a relaxed atmosphere of this stunning house and estate grounds . Track isn't everything, at Ford Fair last year I didn't even look at any of the track! I just enjoyed walking round the cars and traders. Remember how good the Ford Fairs used to be at stately homes? I'm too young to remember RSOC National Day at one but I remember waiting in traffic for hours and hours at Cornbury Park to get in and really enjoyed the day.

Oulton Park was fully booked for this year unfortunatly - we did try there.

I think if any static show will be worth visiting this year - it will be this one Hopefully it will be well supported.

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm happy cus it's only 30mins from my house

Dave, you won't have your rims by then anyway....
Old 01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
eddiecos
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Rab
It's the cost mate. Hiring a venue that has a track/marhsalls and so on pushes the price up for all the lazy fuckers who want food poisoning from Iceland burgers!

I'm ALL for track days, just on there own!
fuk all wrong with iceland burgers...lol..i manage one of their stores
Old 01-05-2010, 11:01 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Chris,

i supposed you did try be who the hell cares about looking at cars next to a stunning house and estate grounds.

and for YOU not looking at the track action and instead you 'enjoyed walking round the cars and traders', so you think everyone will do this and be happy because you like doing it.

I enjoyed walking about looking at the cars and chating to the traders too....but when i did that....all in about 1 hour lol, i took part in the track action and watch it too,very good it was aswell lol.

the 'club' has to TRY and cater for its members,and if that means track and field,then so be it as everyone should be happy then.

the club knows that the trackdays make more money and attract more people than field days,you only have to look at the attendance at the reginal days to know this.

its just wrong not to have a track and field day.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Pete,

you are probably right.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry but static shows are ZZZzzzz... I won't be going to ND this year then. Just a suggestion, make the Bristol & Swindon day at Castle Coombe national day? Was by FAR the best show last year, and is pretty central with good motorway access etc...
Old 01-05-2010, 11:23 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Castle Combe....central....come on Wil.

what about us northerners or don't we matter.

how far have the north west,north east,scottish lads etc..have to go if the Nat Day is at C.C.

Oulton Park is a great venue,pity it was booked up.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:32 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

I find this quite interesting...

People moaning that there is no track action. If the club have looked into all avenues of having a mixed track/static show with no success, than that's that. There are plenty of shows over the year that do have track sessions going on, and loads of track days throughout the year.

I think given all the hassle with Donington last year and things, people should be thankful there IS a national day for the RSOC, let alone moaning about where it's held and whether you can thrash your car around at it.

Fingers crossed Donington will be sorted for next year, as I do like shows with track action, but as someone above said; far better to have a static national day than no national day at all.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Sorry but static shows are ZZZzzzz... I won't be going to ND this year then. Just a suggestion, make the Bristol & Swindon day at Castle Coombe national day? Was by FAR the best show last year, and is pretty central with good motorway access etc...
Errr since when has Bristol been pretty central? You try telling that to the guys from up North.

If i'm honest i would rather the national day had both static & track action but it sounds like they tried all that they could to provide both but unfortunately couldn't. I will still be going because i like to drool over gleaming stunning RS's (+ other gleaming Fords) and also because i appreciate the fact that they have at least tried to lay some sort of gathering on.
Come on peeps don't be so miserable and negative, it's still a chance to admire cars that we all supposedly have a soft spot for.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:50 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

i know they might of tried and got nd sorted,ok, not to everyones taste, but its NATIONAL DAY,its not just another trackday,it attracts a lot of other people to it,not just rsoc members and its families etc...so it has to be attractive....and track and field IS,not one or the other...both track and field.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

i know they might of tried and got nd sorted,ok, not to everyones taste, but its NATIONAL DAY,its not just another trackday,it attracts a lot of other people to it,not just rsoc members and its families etc...so it has to be attractive....and track and field IS,not one or the other...both track and field.
I'm not disagreeing with you mate, track & field is more entertaining and would obviously draw a bigger crowd but as was stated before they tried to lay on both but couldn't pull it off so had to settle for the next best thing which is just static. They could have just thought fuck it lets forget about it and done nothing but they didn't.
Maybe when Donington pulls its finger out and gets its act back together the ND will return there so i am hoping that this year is just a temporary glitch.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry I did say PRETTY central, obviously it's not ideal but only 1.5 hrs from Brum so not a massive distance extra..... I just like track shows, a static show is just boring IMHO.... I appreciate that the RSOC has to get it booked early and try to please everyone, but ND really really needs track action IMHO
Old 02-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Rab

Originally Posted by eddiecos
fuk all wrong with iceland burgers...lol..i manage one of their stores
There is when the person cooking them is...

a) Pissed......
b) a rubbish cook...
c) impatient....

The nicely half thawed burgers are then half grilled for 33 seconds on a half lit bbq. Hence the food poisoning
Old 02-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Oulton Park is a great venue,pity it was booked up.

Have to agree Dave, would of been fantastic there, don't know how much ŁŁŁŁ they'd of charged, but great track & Venue and imo pretty easy for most of the country to get to..

Even the Scots....
Old 02-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

donno at the moment is just a big mud hole and evern if we had been lucky and they had got things in place for us (track up and running again) the place will still be in a big mess like last years ND, as the infield part was missing viewing the track action was very much limited and stand area very limited the place just isnt the same at the moment and i hope that they can get it back to how it was ! and then ND can go back in 2011. I also dont think anyone would have not liked to know what was going on with ND as with donno them self not know whats going on and all the legal stuff they are going though at the moment we could have easy been into august and still have not had the contract in place with donno.

We have allready added 3 extra track days to this years calendar so there are more than enouth track days to go to and with donno still very much up in the air and the months rolling on we couldnt leave it any longer, we had booked standford hall soom time ago as a back up plan just incase donno didnt get its self sorted and good job we did and for all the doughters out there that think it will just be a field with cars parked in it then think again as this will be much much more than that as the committee will now be working very hard to get there what we want to make this show unlike any static show you have ever been to before and it will be a fitting end to the year and 30 years of the RSOC.

So please dont right it off before you have all the facts and instead why not get behind the committee for once and support us and lets see off 30 years in great style.

cheers
dunc

Last edited by Dunccoss; 02-05-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:41 AM
RSGARETHW
always working

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can see your point dunc but I can also see it from dave's side as well.. I mean its the 1 biggest show of the year that you expect to have everything.. Just out of interest will this be priced the same as if it was at donnington ?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Duncan,

i can see where your coming from but it will not attract the people it needs with being a static show,but,it will be better than nothing though.

well done for getting that sorted, i'm sure the buftys out there will be happy....you included..lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
white2lsr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
My thoughts exactly, with Ford fair pretty close i get to see similar cars go round a track.

Unfortunately i won't be there as my missus is due the day after so don't want to be 250 miles away if she goes into labour
Dont worry mate, Jill and I can take your car and put it on the registrars stand for you

Quick Reply: National day 2010