General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A car i was towing crashed. whos to blame????? (UPDATE END OF PAGE 2)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:17 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
fair play on the outcome mate, it just shows that even coppers can play ball i have noticed if your as honest and upfront as possible it's the best way, they can still be an arse but atleast you tried, but if your fucked lie through your fucking teeth till your blue in the face

and it really pisses me off narrow minded people i suffer with dyselxia myself my spelling isn't to bad and my grammar is getting better, but my writing is fucked, but it is a royal pain in the arse at time when you fill forms out and it looks like a 4yr old has done it , i just can't believe you appologised mate there was really no need for it

and for the record

fucking grow some more brain cells and realize that alot of hands on people suffer with dyslexia, the bad spelling and grammar is a good enough indication.

pot calling kettle black here

thick? well thats questionable, why do people have to state everything they suffer with, will all the people with dyslexia now have to have signitures telling people why they can't spell very well just so people like you that can't seem to figure it out themselves will no.

oh and i'll take a big guess that he spells things that way because it's how it sounds and he finds it easier that way than making a mess of spelling it correctly, just cos people suffer with dyslexia it don't make us thick far from it.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:18 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by phil_focus
fingers crossed that happens as thats a top result!!

i dont know why people are saying towing with a tow rope is illegal. it isnt illegal at all, its just not seen much these days as cars are far more reliable and everyone has breakdown cover.

it used to be the case quite often when a motorist broken down at the road side would be helped by a passing motorist and either towed home or to a garage on a tow rope. the issue here is who's at fault and whether or not the towed car needs to be insured (which it probably does). however, when towing in this manner you do need someone in charge of the car being towed so they have to be a current valid liscence holder and therefore i recon its the person being towed who is at fault and all blame will rest on them.

towing a trailer is a totally different issue and a bit of a grey area as most new liscence holders are liscenced to drive a rig upto 3.5tonnes so i think that includes a trailer so long as the whole lot does not exceed 3.5 tonnes. anything bigger and you need to take a trailer test but this is where i get confused because i'm not sure i'm right with the first bit i said about a rig upto 3.5 tonnes.

still my mates tow there rally car around with there van and just dont load it up much and my brother and i have towed 1 tonne gliders around for competitions with focus's and never been pulled so i dont think most traffic officers know the towing laws very well.

ayway, back on topic. hope it all gets sorted nice and easy
just hope it all blows over
Old 12-04-2010, 12:19 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by Rax
I would say thats a bit of a result,good luck and I hope it all goes well.
At least you are in the clear anyway
god i hope so ive managed to keep my licence clean for 4 years now
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
fair play on the outcome mate, it just shows that even coppers can play ball i have noticed if your as honest and upfront as possible it's the best way, they can still be an arse but atleast you tried, but if your fucked lie through your fucking teeth till your blue in the face

and it really pisses me off narrow minded people i suffer with dyselxia myself my spelling isn't to bad and my grammar is getting better, but my writing is fucked, but it is a royal pain in the arse at time when you fill forms out and it looks like a 4yr old has done it , i just can't believe you appologised mate there was really no need for it

and for the record

fucking grow some more brain cells and realize that alot of hands on people suffer with dyslexia, the bad spelling and grammar is a good enough indication.

pot calling kettle black here

thick? well thats questionable, why do people have to state everything they suffer with, will all the people with dyslexia now have to have signitures telling people why they can't spell very well just so people like you that can't seem to figure it out themselves will no.

oh and i'll take a big guess that he spells things that way because it's how it sounds and he finds it easier that way than making a mess of spelling it correctly, just cos people suffer with dyslexia it don't make us thick far from it.

Pot kettle black why?

Anyway, its lovely you're sticking up for him like that. Very honourable thing to do. On here it amazes me how many people type like that it was just obviously clarke that i commented on today. The amount of "i brought it from him" posts still surprises me.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:00 AM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

[QUOTE=Ollie.;4846187]Pot kettle black why?
[\QUOTE]

because you told him to go to school and learn something, meaning you could of gone back to school and should of learned about people with dyslexia .

Anyway, its lovely you're sticking up for him like that. Very honourable thing to do. On here it amazes me how many people type like that it was just obviously clarke that i commented on today. The amount of "i brought it from him" posts still surprises me.
well not that he can't fight his own corner but people suffer with dyslexia in many different ways and I luckily can type and spell ok so just thought my 2 pence worth counted In this instance, and also I no how it feels to be judged because of being a sufferer myself as i'v said when filling in forms and my writing looks spasticated I look a right tool and it's not nice having to explain why niether, well used to be anyway now i'v given up caring and met alot of people like myself.

I think what will amaze you mostly is the actuall amount of people that suffer with it and this place will be a prime example as many dyslexia sufferers are very knowledgable and hands on people, and yes there is also people that use grammar incorectly and it may get on your tits but come on it is a car forum and not the end of the world is it I'd just let it slide but that's just me, if it was your kids or such like then fair enough.

Last edited by burnzy; 12-04-2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:07 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ollie.
If you had stated you had dyslexia i wouldve said sorry but you havent. The way you write just seems lazy to me hence why i commented on it. ie fort etc instead of thought which is probably the way you say it.
If you're going to pull apart someone's grammar/spelling you need to make sure what you write is grammatically correct, otherwise it's you who looks like a mong! This is especially true if you accuse someone of being lazy, but then fail to capitalise, add apostrophies and confuse past and present tenses. HTH.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

The copper said he is going to falsify an insurance claim? Really?

I am VERY surprised that a police officer has taken that stance to be absolutely frank.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:59 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
The copper said he is going to falsify an insurance claim? Really?

I am VERY surprised that a police officer has taken that stance to be absolutely frank.
me too. and pissed off, as it is my insurance premium going to the MIB that will pay for the claim

where's the thread about uninsured drivers?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:10 AM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Would it make a difference as he is fully comp though cos if he had done the damage himself they would of payed regardless, just a general question not a dig I no it's not playing straight but he pays for the fully comp insurance so surely a claim can be taken into account as due course.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

the owners who's taken a knock will be alright as he's going to get his excess back
the bloke doing the towing is "safe"
the bloke who knocked the car in the first place is "safe"

let's just see how things go on

as for the rest of the shite in the thread, clarke's done the same as me and put it in his sig that he's not quite good with the speeling side of thigns so unles we've all removed the option of looking at signatures, we should be ok on that front too
Old 12-04-2010, 09:19 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by clarke5700
my mate went round and spoke to him when he got in from work. and it terns out hes a nice bloke he explained the situation and the copper said if my mate pays his excess he will claime on his insurence as a hit and run

just hope it all gose through as easy as it sounds

'Kin Hell! That's a touch for you and Mark with bells on!

Coppers can be nice
Old 12-04-2010, 09:21 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lloyd
best advice i can give,is to get round to the owner of the vw passat,and offer to buy his damaged car off him,for a reasonable market value.
might seem expensive,but it could work out a lot cheaper than insurance companys and the police and courts.
hopefully your mate will stump up the money to buy it ?
That's what I said but guessign he doesn't have the money to cover it as it's a new shape Passat from what I understand I.e. A good few k.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by XRT_si
That's what I said but guessign he doesn't have the money to cover it as it's a new shape Passat from what I understand I.e. A good few k.
i no i dont and im sure mark dosent lol
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
If you're going to pull apart someone's grammar/spelling you need to make sure what you write is grammatically correct, otherwise it's you who looks like a mong! This is especially true if you accuse someone of being lazy, but then fail to capitalise, add apostrophies and confuse past and present tenses. HTH.
Well said, Dan! That's a good result, Clarke, I'm glad it's turned out good for you.

Benni.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
Is this Passion Ford or Passion Grammar School?

At the end of the day it's not exactly difficult to work out what the guys saying really is it?
Would be better if the OP cut and paste his response into Microsoft Word or another word editor, even an email program to spell and grammar check. Would help him learn the spelling for future reference and help everyone else given a post on a forum invites a response.

We don't all have the same spelling abilities but nothing wrong with learning. Irony is the last post by the OP was perfect!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:14 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by saff_cossie
Would be better if the OP cut and paste his response into Microsoft Word or another word editor, even an email program to spell and grammar check. Would help him learn the spelling for future reference and help everyone else given a post on a forum invites a response.

We don't all have the same spelling abilities but nothing wrong with learning. Irony is the last post by the OP was perfect!
my spelling differs tbh some times it will be spot on other times it will suck lol. its not like its realt that hard to understand tho. i cant see why people have to pull me and others up on it tbh
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

A friend of mine has Dyslexia, when typing things out he spends a short time just going over it again.

Yes he doesn't always spell things correctly but he makes sure it is at least readable. Making sure his spaces are in the right place etc.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:18 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Don't be such a hard faced cunt! Clarke has said in the past he has dyslexia, so I suggest you take your discrimination some place else you nasty, horrible gob-shite!

Benni.
How do you know i'm not dyslexic you fucking twat, after jumping on two threads about my spelling mistake?

If you're going to pretend to have morals and get on your high horse at least be consistent when you lie about it
Old 12-04-2010, 11:22 AM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

tbh if you are realy that offended buy my spelling dont read my threeds. (this comment is not aimed at any one im just saying lol)
Old 12-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Not read the whole thread so forgive me if I am repeating something, but as far as im aware when towing:

Person driving car in front = legally responsible for what happens to that car and anything it hits

Person driving car being towed = legally responsible for what happens to that car and anything it hits

so if he wasnt taxed or insure or mot'd thats his problem not yours I beleive.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:34 AM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

right, is the point of language to communicate a point across, which clarke did successfully?

Just because his spelling is not as we would define as being correct, but who is it that defines that we are correct and he is wrong? Maybe his version correct and we are all wrong.

And before someone comes back and says the dictionary is correct, well find me someone who can proove that, and I will show you a human possible of making mistakes

Spelling/grammar is set by following a simple a definition of a number of rules, which are not based upon physics or any exact science, rules like "I before E, Except after C" which can be broken (I found a word which broke that rule when I was doing GCSE English - cant for the life of me remember what it was however when I quizzed the teacher - she just said the spelling in the book was correct as it was an exception to the rule) Other rules like the silent K in Knight, the three versions of there, overuse of comma's , etc are all dictated - yet get broken when it suits the person writing the document.

Yet we still pick on dyslexic people (Why that word is so hard to spell is beyond belief ) for spelling things the way they sound, and writing things the way they sound.

Maybe it is us that is stupid to blindly conform, and putting down any mistakes we make as "typo's"
Old 12-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

The one thing even more annoying than Clarkes fucking shocking written english, is having to scroll past all the posts about his schocking written english, that makes the thread hearder to read than some spelling mistakes do, oh the irony
Old 12-04-2010, 11:59 AM
PAUL S
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Im struggling with this one a bit.

A copper has happily offered to make a fraudulant claim on his insurance for a complete stranger as long as they pay the excess on his policy.

What about the extra premiums he will also have to pay at each renewal for the next 3 years as well as a result of making a claim.

Sounds like you struck lucky if thats the case, I would be buying a lottery ticket as well as it seems your on a winning streak.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PAUL S
Im struggling with this one a bit.

A copper has happily offered to make a fraudulant claim on his insurance for a complete stranger as long as they pay the excess on his policy.

What about the extra premiums he will also have to pay at each renewal for the next 3 years as well as a result of making a claim.

Sounds like you struck lucky if thats the case, I would be buying a lottery ticket as well as it seems your on a winning streak.

I'm finding it hard too and I know everyone invloved very well

Really is everyone's lucky day.

I assume he has protected no claims and assumed there would be no re-percussions to his insurance at a later date subsequently.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:11 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

youve been lucky mate. i was towing an uninsured car and we got pulled and given a producer for both cars. towed car wasnt moted, insured or taxed the driver of towed car got 6 points and Ł300 fine, towing car my car that i was driving was fully road legal and i got 2 months ban and Ł500 fine, i honestly didnt know at the time i was towing illegally and they took pity as judge said i should of got 6 months ban !
live and lurn i suppose !
Old 12-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

G
Originally Posted by saff_cossie

I don't understand why everyone on this forum has to have absolutely grade A spelling, punctuation and grammar! It's a forum about cars FFS!!!

I understand everything that Clarke has written perfectly fine so can't understand how other people are struggling to read it! Perhaps they are not that brilliant at reading or just don't have the brain power to decipher what's in the post or perhaps they just think 'Ooh, look! Matey's made a spelling mistake!! Let's take the piss!!' !!! They must either be very fucking bored or have nothing better in their life to be getting on with IMO.

I like to think my grammar, spelling and all that shit is of a reasonable standard that people can understand when I write something. I do have however a problem with my speech whereby I just can't get my words out at all sometimes but people don't take the piss out of me for it. Why should it be any different for anybody who can't spell?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:58 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
youve been lucky mate. i was towing an uninsured car and we got pulled and given a producer for both cars. towed car wasnt moted, insured or taxed the driver of towed car got 6 points and Ł300 fine, towing car my car that i was driving was fully road legal and i got 2 months ban and Ł500 fine, i honestly didnt know at the time i was towing illegally and they took pity as judge said i should of got 6 months ban !
live and lurn i suppose !

Very lucky Clarke!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:01 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there not some sort of online spell checker that he can use?

dyslexia or not, its FUCKING painful reading spelling as bad as his!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
How do you know i'm not dyslexic you fucking twat, after jumping on two threads about my spelling mistake?

If you're going to pretend to have morals and get on your high horse at least be consistent when you lie about it
You've got a bit more than dyslexia if you can't spell your name mate.

Benni.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
You've got a bit more than dyslexia if you can't spell your name mate.

Benni.

Erm whatever Why dont you follow your own advice

Originally Posted by benni the hypoctite

so I suggest you take your discrimination some place else you nasty, horrible gob-shite!

Last edited by It's Czech Mate; 12-04-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:50 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does make me wonder though, if people when spelling like total and utter mongfish....and then blame it on dyslexia....

reeeealy have dyslexia

PROVE IT YOU FUCKERS!

Last edited by DaveEscos; 12-04-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:14 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by DaveEscos

dont read it then simple!!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Does make me wonder though, if people when spelling like total and utter mongfish....and then blame it on dyslexia....

reeeealy have dyslexia

PROVE IT YOU FUCKERS!
well mate if you want to beleave im a lazy twat and cant be assed to spell then so so be it!!

if i could spell well i would mate to save the ag of puting up with people like you!!!!

i take it your the kined of person who tips old people out of there wheel chair's as well then because lets face it they mite just be to lazy to walk for all you no!!! so make them prove it!!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:48 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i know that firefox has a built in speel checker that gives you wiggly red lines under the mispelt words, but that's only good if you know how to speel the words you have mispelt, so about 50% usefull for a speeling mong like me
Old 12-04-2010, 04:48 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Don't you just love Passionford eh?.

Not many people are artists when it comes to grammar and spelling, rather than criticise someone help them. The ones moaning about ''certain words used'' needs to try get out more.. If you can't understand it, simply don't read it..

Dojj - speel = Spell & Spelling.

DaveEscos - Can't understand it? then don't read it, now that wasn't so hard was it?.

I personally didn't find his post's hard to read. Just taken more than once to work out..
Old 12-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome result with what the copper said, didn't think for 1 minute he'd do that.

As for the spelling, why not download Google Chrome for your web browser, it has a spell checker when you type words, like Mircosoft Word does.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Pob
Advanced PassionFord User

I had to tow a car a few weeks back. A copper i spoke to said it was illegal to use a tow rope and i even phone em. The local cop shop said it too?
So i bought one of those crappy metal poles from machine mart which bent like a bannna after the first braking down a hill

Thought having dylexia meant you had to write upside down?????
Old 12-04-2010, 08:43 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
look on your terms and conditions. The majority of company's have put in "for emergency's only" so you cant just drive your mates car about or fuck about.

nah mine do stipulate anything of the sort, does yours really? im mean really
Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

pmsl @ all the people crying about spelling mistakes cocks
Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

google toolbar. simple.

oar shud taht bee simpul?

Quick Reply: A car i was towing crashed. whos to blame????? (UPDATE END OF PAGE 2)