General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A car i was towing crashed. whos to blame????? (UPDATE END OF PAGE 2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ollie.
Why dont you click the back button and head back to school and learn something?
Don't be such a hard faced cunt! Clarke has said in the past he has dyslexia, so I suggest you take your discrimination some place else you nasty, horrible gob-shite!

Benni.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:41 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

just one of them things realy i fined it hard to rember how to spell some words (im alot better than i was trust me lol) but then you get people like you that dont make it easy for people like me!! do you think i spell this way because i want to???? grow up you twat!!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

and as for needing to learn somethink since ive left school ive got an nvq leavle 3 and im an mot tester.. it may not sound much to you mate but im prowed of my self tbh, spelling my not be my strong point but, im happy that im not the kind of twat who sits on the net picking at peoples week points
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Well said... Well fucking said!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benni
so I suggest you take your discrimination some place else you nasty, horrible gob-shite!

Benni.
Discrimination?

Fucking behave Benni you tart
Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clarke5700
just one of them things realy i fined it hard to rember how to spell some words (im alot better than i was trust me lol) but then you get people like you that dont make it easy for people like me!! do you think i spell this way because i want to???? grow up you twat!!

what are you doing?........you dont have to explain yourself to anyone on here........
Old 11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by Pete frst
what are you doing?........you dont have to explain yourself to anyone on here........
yea i no but i get the inpression that hes a bit of a thick person. so thort maby if i expaine my situation maby JUST MABY! he mite realise he has no life lol
Old 11-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Don't be such a hard faced cunt! Clarke has said in the past he has dyslexia, so I suggest you take your discrimination some place else you nasty, horrible gob-shite!

Benni.

Im glad you have a high opinion of me Benni. Its really made my day....

ps... remember i called you a name and you got me infracted for it??
Old 11-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

yea i no but i get the inpression that hes a bit of a thick person. so thort maby if i expaine my situation maby JUST MABY! he mite realise he has no life lol

Thick? No sorry.

If you had stated you had dyslexia i wouldve said sorry but you havent. The way you write just seems lazy to me hence why i commented on it. ie fort etc instead of thought which is probably the way you say it.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Im glad you have a high opinion of me Benni. Its really made my day....

ps... remember i called you a name and you got me infracted for it??
I remember. I see you still haven't learnt your lesson.

Benni.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

and as for needing to learn somethink since ive left school ive got an nvq leavle 3 and im an mot tester.. it may not sound much to you mate but im prowed of my self tbh, spelling my not be my strong point but, im happy that im not the kind of twat who sits on the net picking at peoples week points
not to mention a VERY good mechanic with a database of customers who trust you even though you are young and a fucking good welder/fabricator....... ok you aint gonna be a barrister or write novels for footballers but in your chosen field you strive to be the best,,,, so fuck the pricks who want to mention spelling,,, lets see how long they take to work on a car,,,, well start weekend after next timing how lone to remove a scooby gearbox and diff ,,,,,,,,,,, on the floor with axle stands !!!!

that will wipe the smiles of there faces,,,,,,,, no honestly its not to help me out in anyway at all ,,,,, no honest !!!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry mate,,, can you write that again,,,, is that welsh or something,,,,,, sorry cant read it

clarkey atleast its not fucking text type,,,, theres a person on facebook that types just like my 6 year old daughter,,,, the funny thing is my little girl can fucking understand it, though im afraid she cant read yours,,,,,, shes not fucking learnt how to read and write in "chav" yet but her school im sure are giving her lessons i swear pmsl
Old 11-04-2010, 07:34 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Thick? No sorry.

If you had stated you had dyslexia i wouldve said sorry but you havent. The way you write just seems lazy to me hence why i commented on it. ie fort etc instead of thought which is probably the way you say it.
o right so i need to tell every one befor i write a threed then??? or maby you should not jump to conclisions???

i started this threed for advice mate if you can not work out what i have said then leave the threed its as easy as that
Old 11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Thick? No sorry.

you know clarkey is a very very nice guy in real life,,, hes the sort of person you could NEVER have a issue with due to the way he holds himself,,, hes not a anoying big mouth prick like me,, hes not a two faced prick either,,,,,,,, hes totally non confrontational at all...... though hes best mate,,, well clarkey wont get a chance to throw a punch ( even if he knew how )
Old 11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by Ginge !
you know clarkey is a very very nice guy in real life,,, hes the sort of person you could NEVER have a issue with due to the way he holds himself,,, hes not a anoying big mouth prick like me,, hes not a two faced prick either,,,,,,,, hes totally non confrontational at all...... though hes best mate,,, well clarkey wont get a chance to throw a punch ( even if he knew how )

all 9 stone of me
Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

o right so i need to tell every one befor i write a threed then??? or maby you should not jump to conclisions???

i started this threed for advice mate if you can not work out what i have said then leave the threed its as easy as that
cant you just have a sig that states " im special,, excuse my spellings" or something,, i totally see where ollie is coming from,,,,,, no really i do and im not taking the piss at all,,,,,, no honest again !!!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
paul0461
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

you will get done for using a rope i would have thought. as for the insurance im not sure, im generally just an unlucky person so i would expect to be bollocked for the towed car not to have been insured
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

cant you just have a sig that states " im special,, excuse my spellings" or something,, i totally see where ollie is coming from,,,,,, no really i do and im not taking the piss at all,,,,,, no honest again !!!
hows that??
Old 11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm guessing that in the eyes of the law the car being towed would be classed as a trailer. As such, you need to see if your policy covers you to pull a trailer. I very much doubt he will technically be liable, even though it was his fault.

I think there's the insurance issue (which is bad for you) and possibly a towing a car illegally issue (which is bad for both of you). Either way I'd be doubtful that you'll get through this without aggro.

Read your policy very carefully and contact the cops so if you are at fault it at least looks like you're not trying to pull a fast one.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i was taking the piss knoby
Old 11-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I'm guessing that in the eyes of the law the car being towed would be classed as a trailer. As such, you need to see if your policy covers you to pull a trailer. I very much doubt he will technically be liable, even though it was his fault.

I think there's the insurance issue (which is bad for you) and possibly a towing a car illegally issue (which is bad for both of you). Either way I'd be doubtful that you'll get through this without aggro.

Read your policy very carefully and contact the cops so if you are at fault it at least looks like you're not trying to pull a fast one.
its not classed as a trailor hence the vehicle being towed needs to have insurance and the driver can have a provisonal licence as the person in the tow car is classed as supervison but its not classed as a trailor at all,,, cars on tow rope must have insurance/mot and tax otherwise wheels need to be raised off the ground
Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

I remember. I see you still haven't learnt your lesson.

Benni.

What lesson is there to learn from you?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Whats punching and fighting got to do with it Ginge? I also never said he wasnt a nice guy ?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:58 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

its not classed as a trailor hence the vehicle being towed needs to have insurance and the driver can have a provisonal licence as the person in the tow car is classed as supervison but its not classed as a trailor at all,,, cars on tow rope must have insurance/mot and tax otherwise wheels need to be raised off the ground
You're confusing the two issues - the legal requirement, and the insurance requirement.

In the eyes of his insurance company it's effectively a trailer (see the quote earlier from an insurance company) I don't know if all insurers are the same but the one quoted treats them as such.

Legally, yes it's not a trailer, and the towed car needs to comply with motoring law.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Why is a rope illegal, when they are sold in Halfords and such stores? I didn't think they were?

Benni.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

im very confused at all this lol im gonna hold tight wate for the fuzz to ring me and see where it goes lol
Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
You're confusing the two issues - the legal requirement, and the insurance requirement.

In the eyes of his insurance company it's effectively a trailer (see the quote earlier from an insurance company) I don't know if all insurers are the same but the one quoted treats them as such.

Legally, yes it's not a trailer, and the towed car needs to comply with motoring law.
but insurance needs to be based on motoring law, it cant change the rules to suit them,,,, it can allow more but cant take away more

if a car is towed when in distress BOTH need to have insurance,,, but the libility of a crash is on each car that crashes,,,,, hence they both need insurance OTHERWISE why would the towed car need insurance if the other car would be lible if it didnt ???

if a trader parked a uninsured car owned by me on the road and someone crashed into it,,,,, who would be lible then the one that parked the car or the owner of the car..... its obvious the owner is always the one who gets the blame,,, motoring law is written to put them at the blame at all times to make pointing the finger easy and stop the " he said/she said" rubbish though ill admit im just guessing on the towing part

my insurance says nothing about towing or being towed on my new policy that you have just reminded me to sign pmsl
Old 11-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

im very confused at all this lol im gonna hold tight wate for the fuzz to ring me and see where it goes lol
my advice is to hide out for a bit incase they come and get you,,,, i know a GREAT hiding place,,,,,, its got loads of room, electric, running water,,, air tools,,,,,,,,,,, and a subaru impreza to sleep in aswell,,,,,,, ill grab me keys !
Old 11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

actually thinking about your comment,,, they think of it as a trailor,,,, so there gonna claim "no insurance",,,, but the car already has no insurance anyway so wont they just fob it off on the non insured car as thats the legal requirement

i got done for no insurance on my impreza as they had the reg wrong, they wrote a letter saying that they would still have payed out should they have been a accident and they left it at that ( though i still had to pay to get the fucking car out of the pound,,,, still a sore point)

all thats gonna happen is the uninsured driver gets screwed,,,, which is part of the risk we all take at times,,,,, 95% get awaywith it,,, 5% get caught
Old 11-04-2010, 08:29 PM
turbolee
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

so what if the lad cant spell great niether can i wippy fucking whooooooooo get a life i understood every word that was wrote hes asking advice on insurance not how to spell if you cant help dont comment
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fingers crossed you don't get any kind of backlash Clarke. I've got no idea what the law is, but it's your pal that had an accident not you, but maybe with you towing him, in the eyes of the law, you have some level of responsibilty because without you towing him, it wouldn't have happened. But whatever happens buddy, like I said, fingers crossed for you.

Good old pf though, another thread turned into a back and forth, over spelling this time. The lads sig clearly states he has a problem with spelling, so using your initiative, you would assume he has some sort of genuine reason for his spelling as he is making people aware by his sig. I thought at first, 'has this cunt been drinking ?', but as I got to the bottom, it became clear there was a reason for it. Trust me, it's a lot easier to read than the texts I get off my younger brother, M8, L8ER, etc etc, and he has no genuine reason for not being able to spell, he can spell, he's just a lazy little cunt who uses 'chava text', at least you can get the jist of what Clarke was saying, it's like reading hyrogliphics reading a text off my brother.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:06 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

you could find that id he is fully comp he is insured 3rd party so if teh car as somebody elses then hes insured and bosh your done

like i drive other peoples cars home for them and they do it for me as im insured 3rd party on any car 'not owned by me' and so are they but i cant drive other cars i own

could come down to the age old keeper isnt owner routine but you will want to know it was taxed and insured and you prob want to say it broke down that day not been laid up for a few mths
my old boss was handy like that, thru the company i was insured to drive any vehicle he said was cool or that was in the interest of the company so i coudl say move a blocking car whiel a guy have a heart attack if it ment i could get on with my next job
also if i bought a car i had an insurance number i could leave a message on and from then i was insured on that vehicle, they got the arse if it happened alot tho

you'll find most cars are insured with someone somewhere via many means

i used to take 165's off people with no insurance (for the old bill, we cruhsed them too after i raped them on ebay) when they came in they would have all manner of bizarre ways it was insured but if it was there it was theirs
Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
richie29gt

towing with a tow rope is not illegel on b roads and a roads but to tow with a rope on motorway is unless to the next junction as to being towed whether the towed car is insured or not that is the responsabiltiy of the driver in charge of said car so clarke you will have no worrys as to ur fault as it is ur mate that will get the full force of sitiuation so relax and sit back and get on with u day to day life
Old 11-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Lloyd
escort mk4 cossy 4x4

best advice i can give,is to get round to the owner of the vw passat,and offer to buy his damaged car off him,for a reasonable market value.
might seem expensive,but it could work out a lot cheaper than insurance companys and the police and courts.
hopefully your mate will stump up the money to buy it ?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:14 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 1.9 xr2 on 40's
like i drive other peoples cars home for them and they do it for me as im insured 3rd party on any car 'not owned by me' and so are they but i cant drive other cars i own
look on your terms and conditions. The majority of company's have put in "for emergency's only" so you cant just drive your mates car about or fuck about.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Proberly better

1.Offer to pay for the damage outside of court. As one of you or 2 of you's are going to get shafted

2.offer to buy the car from him like Llyod is saying above.

3.check to see if you mate was insured 3rd party wilst in the car that hit the VW?

4.I see your an mot tester do you not have a traders policy over you?contact them you would have to say you were in the car being towed to the mot station and your mate was driving your on 3rd party

5.phone up DVLA and ask them how you WOULD stand if it happendDONT TELL THEM IT HAS INCASE YOU GET IT SORTED WITHOUT ANY INSURANCE OR COURTS
Old 11-04-2010, 11:26 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Default well looks like its goin to be ok

my mate went round and spoke to him when he got in from work. and it terns out hes a nice bloke he explained the situation and the copper said if my mate pays his excess he will claime on his insurence as a hit and run

just hope it all gose through as easy as it sounds
Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my mate went round and spoke to him when he got in from work. and it terns out hes a nice bloke he explained the situation and the copper said if my mate pays his excess he will claime on his insurence as a hit and run

I would say thats a bit of a result,good luck and I hope it all goes well.
At least you are in the clear anyway
Old 11-04-2010, 11:55 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

fair play on the outcome mate, it just shows that even coppers can play ball i have noticed if your as honest and upfront as possible it's the best way, they can still be an arse but atleast you tried, but if your fucked lie through your fucking teeth till your blue in the face

and it really pisses me off narrow minded people i suffer with dyselxia myself my spelling isn't to bad and my grammar is getting better, but my writing is fucked, but it is a royal pain in the arse at time when you fill forms out and it looks like a 4yr old has done it , i just can't believe you appologised mate there was really no need for it

and for the record

Fucking hell speak english!
fucking grow some more brain cells and realize that alot of hands on people suffer with dyslexia, the bad spelling and grammar is a good enough indication.

pot calling kettle black here

Thick? No sorry.

thick? well thats questionable, why do people have to state everything they suffer with, will all the people with dyslexia now have to have signitures telling people why they can't spell very well just so people like you that can't seem to figure it out themselves will no.

oh and i'll take a big guess that he spells things that way because it's how it sounds and he finds it easier that way than making a mess of spelling it correctly, just cos people suffer with dyslexia it don't make us thick far from it.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 AM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fingers crossed that happens as thats a top result!!

i dont know why people are saying towing with a tow rope is illegal. it isnt illegal at all, its just not seen much these days as cars are far more reliable and everyone has breakdown cover.

it used to be the case quite often when a motorist broken down at the road side would be helped by a passing motorist and either towed home or to a garage on a tow rope. the issue here is who's at fault and whether or not the towed car needs to be insured (which it probably does). however, when towing in this manner you do need someone in charge of the car being towed so they have to be a current valid liscence holder and therefore i recon its the person being towed who is at fault and all blame will rest on them.

towing a trailer is a totally different issue and a bit of a grey area as most new liscence holders are liscenced to drive a rig upto 3.5tonnes so i think that includes a trailer so long as the whole lot does not exceed 3.5 tonnes. anything bigger and you need to take a trailer test but this is where i get confused because i'm not sure i'm right with the first bit i said about a rig upto 3.5 tonnes.

still my mates tow there rally car around with there van and just dont load it up much and my brother and i have towed 1 tonne gliders around for competitions with focus's and never been pulled so i dont think most traffic officers know the towing laws very well.

ayway, back on topic. hope it all gets sorted nice and easy

Quick Reply: A car i was towing crashed. whos to blame????? (UPDATE END OF PAGE 2)