General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Footballers.....

Search this Thread

Old 14-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Footballers.....

Apart from being overpaid, even with vast amounts of experience of the game why do they always argue with the Ref when he awards a penalty? Surely they should know he is NEVER going to change his mind....yet they hound him and argue with him! Silly cunts
Old 14-03-2010, 09:48 AM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

well its never their fault lee
Old 14-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by james kiely
well its never their fault lee
Oh i dont doubt that ,James
Old 14-03-2010, 09:56 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cause they think there above everyone, should be more like rugby imo where they actually respect the ref...
Old 14-03-2010, 10:00 AM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all a show, like when they fall down and hold there leg when its a little scratch. fvcking birds.

Example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAKHUN6-3UA
Old 14-03-2010, 10:02 AM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

said exactly the same thing yesterday to a mate, you will never change his mind.................BUT with enough pressure at every given chance MAY influence the next decision....

Ever been in a situation where someone keeps saying "are you sure that happened" and eventually you start to question yourself, Then the next decision you will be a little more generous...
Old 14-03-2010, 10:08 AM
focus 4x4
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Its just entertainment! - and given the chance i bet any of you lot would jump at the chance of being able to earn that kinda money, even if you occasionally have to have a dig at a ref , or roll around on the floor in agony in order to gain your team an advantage. Or even get to bang pretty much any bird you like cos youre a "footballer" ! ? !

Trending Topics

Old 14-03-2010, 10:13 AM
ProjectBobcat
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Its just frustration being vented isnt it, a human reaction, same at every level of most sports.
Old 14-03-2010, 10:34 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

arsenal had a bit of a shocker of a game yesterday, but arsne didn't complain as much as he normally does

on the other hand, i think spurs ref was a bit shit
Old 14-03-2010, 10:36 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ross84
Its just frustration being vented isnt it, a human reaction, same at every level of most sports.
Exactly for the majority of players.

People always use the money thing as an excuse to criticise players must be a jealousy thing. Cue all the posters who said that telling me there not

Go grass roots football exactly the same there as well every player will argue the toss.
Old 14-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by focus 4x4
Its just entertainment! - and given the chance i bet any of you lot would jump at the chance of being able to earn that kinda money, !
Thats got nothing to do with it.......
Old 14-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by john
Exactly for the majority of players.

People always use the money thing as an excuse to criticise players must be a jealousy thing. Cue all the posters who said that telling me there not

Go grass roots football exactly the same there as well every player will argue the toss.
I haven't used the money to the criticise the players. I said even with vast experience they still do it....thats why i said 'APART from being overpaid'..in other words its nothing to do with the money! Has moving to Spain made you unable to understand English

Cue you jogging on.....
Old 14-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

ive never been into football. I think for the money they are getting paid they should score more goals. Football players are soft cunts rugby players are hard as fook.
Old 14-03-2010, 10:46 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
I haven't used the money to the criticise the players. I said even with vast experience they still do it....thats why i said 'APART from being overpaid'..in other words its nothing to do with the money! Has moving to Spain made you unable to understand English

Cue you jogging on.....
Over payed in your first sentance is enough, are sunday league players over payed. If not to do with money why mention the word at all then as it must have been in your mind.

Jog on ROFL you been watching shite like green street.
Old 14-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
ive never been into football. I think for the money they are getting paid they should score more goals. Football players are soft cunts rugby players are hard as fook.
I agree mate. But we are just jealous, to have an opinion, you MUST be jealous!
Old 14-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Over payed in your first sentance is enough, are sunday league players over payed. If not to do with money why mention the word at all then as it must have been in your mind.

Jog on ROFL you been watching shite like green street.
Never heard of it.....

Like i said, money has nothing to do with it! So don't tell me it is! Can't stick folk telling you what you are thinking
I do think they are overpaid, like most people, but it has nothing to do with the arguing with the Ref over a penalty! The experience they have should make them realise they just have to get on with the game!
Old 14-03-2010, 10:55 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
football has too many rules tha tmake scoring goals more difficult

they should simply make the goalposts wider either side and higher up and let them have defender that can't leave the 18 yard box to make things more interesting
Old 14-03-2010, 10:56 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You shouldn't have mentioned money if it wasn't the case. Your opinions flawed, Now if you never mentioned the over payed bit id understand as not all footballers are over payed and some not even payed, but by mentioning the over payed bit you can only really be on about the top 2 divisions but you never said that. No matter how you look at it your opinion was wrong as some players are not even payed or payed a pittance.

I agree they shouldn't argue at times but then that's the emotions coming out and passion it's a natural thing.
Old 14-03-2010, 10:57 AM
dojj

Never heard of it.....

Like i said, money has nothing to do with it! So don't tell me it is! Can't stick folk telling you what you are thinking
I do think they are overpaid, like most people, but it has nothing to do with the arguing with the Ref over a penalty! The experience they have should make them realise they just have to get on with the game!
putting pressure on the ref is part and parcel of the game
the 4th official should be glued to a tv screen to decide dodgy decisions

simples
Old 14-03-2010, 10:58 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

You shouldn't have mentioned money if it wasn't the case. Your opinions flawed, Now if you never mentioned the over payed bit id understand as not all footballers are over payed and some not even payed, but by mentioning the over payed bit you can only really be on about the top 2 divisions but you never said that. No matter how you look at it your opinion was wrong as some players are not even payed or payed a pittance.

I agree they shouldn't argue at times but then that's the emotions coming out and passion it's a natural thing.

its not its a lack of respect, there meant to be a professional you wouldn't see shouting and swearing at my boss because i thought he made a wrong decsion
Old 14-03-2010, 11:04 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by danneth
its not its a lack of respect, there meant to be a professional you wouldn't see shouting and swearing at my boss because i thought he made a wrong decsion
Maybe so and i agree to an extent, but you can't put the two the building trade i think your in and playing a team sport, what a daft comparision, theres going to be passion etc those emotcions get the better of people simple happens in most team sports.

Last edited by john; 14-03-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 14-03-2010, 11:06 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Why is it a lack of respect, when culturally in football it is the "done thing".

Like at cricket the "done thing" is to accept the decision. And also the done thing is to shout at the umpire when you think a batsman is out. Is that disrespectful? Thought not.

Like somebody said above, a good argment with the referee should influnce future decisions, therefore your actions will have a positive impact for your team at some point in the game.
Old 14-03-2010, 11:08 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by timrud
Why is it a lack of respect, when culturally in football it is the "done thing".

Like at cricket the "done thing" is to accept the decision. And also the done thing is to shout at the umpire when you think a batsman is out. Is that disrespectful? Thought not.

Like somebody said above, a good argment with the referee should influnce future decisions, therefore your actions will have a positive impact for your team at some point in the game.

why is it the " done thing " you will find that its the same players all the time that are at it not everyone

bigger the name they are the more they think they can get away with
Old 14-03-2010, 11:18 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by danneth
why is it the " done thing " you will find that its the same players all the time that are at it not everyone

bigger the name they are the more they think they can get away with
So tell me this you go watch the owls, a player reacts to a decision and so does 20 thousand Wednesday fans you'll just sit there and agree with the ref, you wouldn't would you ? quite simple. Part and parcel of the game no matter how wrong you are the players and fans will all think their right and shout and abuse the ref all day long. You can't call yourself a football fan if you don't get that, or are an arm chair fan with no idea and don't get the buzz, the atmosphere and what comes with it.

Though i do agree on the bigger the name, but the same rule applies passion etc all rolled into one.
Old 14-03-2010, 11:24 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

So tell me this you go watch the owls, a player reacts to a decision and so does 20 thousand Wednesday fans you'll just sit there and agree with the ref, you wouldn't would you ? quite simple. Part and parcel of the game no matter how wrong you are the players and fans will all think their right and shout and abuse the ref all day long. You can't call yourself a football fan if you don't get that, or are an arm chair fan with no idea and don't get the buzz, the atmosphere and what comes with it.

Though i do agree on the bigger the name, but the same rule applies passion etc all rolled into one.
run that by me again i cant call myself a fan if i dont " disagree with the ref and shout abuse and just generally make out i know alot more then the ref "

whats the difference between an "arm chair fan " and someone who goes to he matchs?

i mean im also a manor motorsport ( virgin racing ) fan but im not at the grand prix
Old 14-03-2010, 11:37 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

People who don't attend games will have an opinion like yourself, people who do will be of the opinion as myself. I get why the players do it. Why because as a fan at the game you feel the players frustration and what he is going through at home you won't watching on the idiot box.

No matter what angle you do try put on it, my reasoning is the correct reason to Lee's question and as a regular of football i know why it happens, the people disagreeing don't attend and just don;t get it. If you feel so strongly take up a gentleman's sport not a proper working class mans game, where would the fun be in a game whats played by the card. You'd be asleep in 1 minutes bored shitless.
Old 14-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by timrud

You talk bollox. The team shout at the umpire if they think he's out with a 'hows that?'. If the umpire says not out, the feiding team dont swarm arount the umpire then like fuckpigs telling him he IS out! they just accept the decision, likewise with the batsman, if hes given out he walks! He doesnt hound the umpire to change his mind

As said, desrespect for the ref!

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 14-03-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 14-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

People who don't attend games will have an opinion like yourself, people who do will be of the opinion as myself. I get why the players do it. Why because as a fan at the game you feel the players frustration and what he is going through at home you won't watching on the idiot box.

No matter what angle you do try put on it, my reasoning is the correct reason to Lee's question and as a regular of football i know why it happens, the people disagreeing don't attend and just don;t get it. If you feel so strongly take up a gentleman's sport not a proper working class mans game, where would the fun be in a game whats played by the card. You'd be asleep in 1 minutes bored shitless.
LOL you live in the past John, it hasn't been your average working class mans game for a long time!
Rugby is a game wayched by gentlemen, and its more interesting to watch than football !
Old 14-03-2010, 12:08 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL you live in the past John, it hasn't been your average working class mans game for a long time!
Rugby is a game wayched by gentlemen, and its more interesting to watch than football !
I respect your opinion Lee and good to debate. Though watching football in non league circles as i have id have to disagree it is very very working class still, evn leagues 1 and 2 are. The championship and premier league i agree on though. Sky and the like have killed the game, so players showing some passion ( your disrespecting the ref ) make it feel that little bit more like years gone by.

Same all around the world just part and parcel of the game.
Old 14-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I respect your opinion Lee and good to debate. Though watching football in non league circles as i have id have to disagree it is very very working class still, evn leagues 1 and 2 are. The championship and premier league i agree on though. Sky and the like have killed the game, so players showing some passion ( your disrespecting the ref ) make it feel that little bit more like years gone by.

Same all around the world just part and parcel of the game.
Lol same here John i like good debate

You can say the same for all sports though, yes non league is working class, but so can your money sports like tennis if you only play down the park Im talking the mian game. To watch a good club regular now you have to have some coin!
Old 14-03-2010, 12:20 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lol same here John i like good debate

You can say the same for all sports though, yes non league is working class, but so can your money sports like tennis if you only play down the park Im talking the mayan game. To watch a good club regular now you have to have some coin!
Pricing is ridiculous have to agree.But certainly not why players have a to do with the ref LOL.

Anyway it's sunday and i hear the pub calling to watch some ref bashing LOL.

Hasta el lunes!
Old 14-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Pricing is ridiculous have to agree.But certainly not why players have a to do with the ref LOL.

Anyway it's sunday and i hear the pub calling to watch some ref bashing LOL.

Hasta el lunes!
I know, thats why i said its not about money but about disrespect