General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

new car decision - back to ford

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:16 PM
motorsportbeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new car decision - back to ford

hi, i originally had mk5 1.25 fiesta then sold that and bought a e36 bmw for a bit of sideways fun over the winter. ive just started a new job and between that and gettin to college im doing not much less than 500 miles a week and the bm is alright at the moment but its starting to show its age and i think its about time to sell it and get something newer. i love the jwrc/rs concept mk6 fiesta so i thought id look at those. eventually id love to own something that looks like that and has got the grunt to match the looks however the first year or so i wont have the money to take on a project that big. ideally i would like a zetec s mk6 as it looks good and the 1.6 should be the same as im used to at the moment. however i cant find a decent one for less than about £5,500 and i know i wont be able to afford that for atleast 2 or 3 months and by then that could be the end of zim zimma. ive noticed theres quite a few 1.4 fiestas around for about 3000 so are the zetec s bumpers easily available and simply interchangeable? how much do they cost? are there any other major differences between the 1.4 and zetec s? also i work for a kit car company that uses both sigma and duratec engines so ive got easy and cheap access to throttle bodies ecus and looms for the sigma engine which i believe is just another name for a zetec se? are the bolt holes on the 1.4 the same as the 1.6 for fitting the throttle bodies? also in the future are there any differences between the standard zetec fiesta chassis and the fiesta st as ive thought about putting a duratec in it later down the road. will i just need fiesta st engine mounts or are there other differences?

cheers for the help