General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Opinions on this 'Arrest'

Search this Thread

Old 24-02-2010 | 03:07 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by cossiejay
at the end of the day all he had to do was tell them his name not ahard thing to do or does he not give his name to anyone at all

the point is why should he? if someone walked up to you in the street and said can i have your name and adress for no reason you would then cause its not a hard thing to do?
Old 24-02-2010 | 03:16 PM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by danneth
the point is why should he? if someone walked up to you in the street and said can i have your name and adress for no reason you would then cause its not a hard thing to do?
they was not someone they where coppers and what if for instance innocent pics taken by amateur photographers of kids turn up on pedophile web sites they should have asked permission,if someone had been taking mine or my kids pics while i was shopping without my permission then i would have called the police or asked them what they where doing you never know who they are or what there doing
Old 24-02-2010 | 03:21 PM
SteveT
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

at the end of the day all he had to do was tell them his name not ahard thing to do or does he not give his name to anyone at all
I think you're totally missing the point.

He did not want to give his name and address - and that is his right!
The police officers should have respected that decision, and since they seemed to have no reasonable reason to suspect the two photographers of anything, they should have left them to go about their business. The PCs just did not want to lose face.
Old 24-02-2010 | 03:24 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

they was not someone they where coppers and what if for instance innocent pics taken by amateur photographers of kids turn up on pedophile web sites they should have asked permission,if someone had been taking mine or my kids pics while i was shopping without my permission then i would have called the police or asked them what they where doing you never know who they are or what there doing
thats the whole point to this, they was taking pictures of an event..... not as if they was stood on the street corner taking sneaky piccys of people walking past
Old 24-02-2010 | 03:26 PM
SteveT
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

...what if for instance innocent pics taken by amateur photographers of kids turn up on pedophile web sites...
Kids are like 20% of the population. What do you suggest, that we ban all photography in public places, just in case a pedo might take a photograph with children in it?

If the officers had suspected them of trying to take paedophile pictures, or someone else had suspect this and made a complaint, then the police officers could have said that, and I guess that would have given them reasonable grounds for arrest - but they did not say that - they did not have any specific reasons to suspect them.

Last edited by SteveT; 24-02-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 24-02-2010 | 03:41 PM
swindy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I have read the thread and to be honest i can see points of view of every angle.

The approach maybe a little wrong, what ever reaction the "subject" gives the police / PCSO should be able to deal with and work around. That incident could have been dealt with so many ways, like life you deal with what you get and work from experience. Maybe the PCSO needed a bit more experience, and the bloke a little more tolerable?

As for some of the narrow minded views and opinons that I read on here, I genuinely think that some people need to open their eyes, read law and maybe stop listening to hear say, people who tell a story always make themselves out to be good, but thats human nature, isn't it?
Old 24-02-2010 | 03:41 PM
cossiejay

near the end of the vidio the police mentioned to him that they had had a complaint
Old 24-02-2010 | 03:51 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

near the end of the vidio the police mentioned to him that they had had a complaint

he said " have you had a complaint " to which the reply from the officer was " not to myself, right "
Old 24-02-2010 | 04:01 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by danneth
he said " have you had a complaint " to which the reply from the officer was " not to myself, right "
he was not the only copper there right
Old 24-02-2010 | 04:32 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SteveT
I think you're totally missing the point.

He did not want to give his name and address - and that is his right!
The police officers should have respected that decision, and since they seemed to have no reasonable reason to suspect the two photographers of anything, they should have left them to go about their business. The PCs just did not want to lose face.
It may very well be his right, i really dont know myself, but if he used some common sense and decided to be a 'decent' and 'normal' person, then it would have saved him a few hours down the nick and alot of hassle.

Put yourself in the shoes of the police for a second here. They are perfectly entitled to request someones details, and the police very often have people refuse, and im sure its safe to say that 95% of these people that refuse, refuse for one reason or another and have something to hide (or just have a problem with the police due to past history and/or their own stupidity).

The two blokes are quite clearly a pair of arses, and it was mentioned a few times that the way in which they were acting with their camera's was in a strange manner, (hiding them behind their backs?? etc). We did not see what they were doing and going by their attitudes it seems they were clearly out to cause trouble, so as the saying goes, 'you go looking for trouble and you eventually find it'.
Old 24-02-2010 | 04:49 PM
fish99

I cant see what the big problem is if you are stopped by the Police taking photos around iconic sites. There are a number of people who take photos around these sites just in order to gain a reaction from the Police. When they are stopped they start acting like those clowns.

The Police have to remain vigilant around specific areas where terrorist groups ARE conducting hostile recon of specific areas. These twits are just getting in the way of the Police doing their job.

Due to the amount of criticism Sec44 has recieved recently, I would be inclined to think sod stopping anyone under that Power. When something goes bang, it will be on the heads of all the fools who opposed it.
Old 24-02-2010 | 04:50 PM
Chris Honeywell

It is that simple but what's next?
They could stop anyone and say we want to search you and your bags, we all let them as what's the problem.

They ask for family details, school details, what kids you have , your religion,
how much you earn. we tell them as what's the problem..

Thats the problem
although i would of given my details
Old 24-02-2010 | 04:57 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chris Honeywell
They could stop anyone and say we want to search you and your bags, we all let them as what's the problem
I wouldnt even have a problem with that either. If it means less people carry things they shouldnt, knives, guns, weapons, drugs etc, then that can only be a good thing surely.
Old 24-02-2010 | 04:59 PM
fish99

Maybe if people would just co-operate with the Police when they are being searched / stopped then maybe they wouldnt be delayed so long
Old 24-02-2010 | 05:10 PM
cjwood555

Maybe if the police didn't harass peaceful, innocent people then they wouldn't be delayed at all?
Old 24-02-2010 | 05:28 PM
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ah a mate of mine was knicked on friday night another mate jumped on his back mucking about when the cop approache another mate then said they where just mucking about and that there mates the cop then said yeah there just being stupid

so then the mate who had someone on his back then came out with yeah stipid like that hat on your head the cop then pulled his cs gas gassed him shoved another mate in the throat as he had got his phone out to film it.

so my mate who was gassed was then arrested under a section 5 for swearing hes never been in trouble before and is just a funny bloke

imo cancer is to good for these fookers and i hope the die terribly....... in a car crash.....at christmas and wish bad things on there families

Benx
Old 24-02-2010 | 05:42 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cjwood555
Maybe if the police didn't harass peaceful, innocent people then they wouldn't be delayed at all?
Oh give over mate, come on. They said they were acting in a strange manner with their camera's behind their backs when the police were looking etc. The police approach them to find out whats happening as they were clearly goading them, then they refused to co-operate and simply give their details, which raised even more suspicion.

Why do some people not understand that this is the wrong reaction, whether they are entitled to do this or not?
Old 24-02-2010 | 05:47 PM
Dlatch!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i support the guy for standing up for his rights
The police are abusing the anti terror laws outragously

he is obviously not a terrorist or pedo and was well within his rights to with hold his name
the law needs re addressing its just plain stupid and this whole country needs a good dose of common sense
Old 24-02-2010 | 06:03 PM
BigChuck

Originally Posted by dlatch

he is obviously not a terrorist or pedo
how do you know that?
Old 24-02-2010 | 06:19 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

I agree with the bloke. Copper and the wannabe coppers were being tossers.
Old 24-02-2010 | 07:36 PM
fish99

How were the police abusing the anti terror laws? The guys were acting suspiciously (trying to gain the Police attention) and then got stopped under the correct power. If they werent acting like tits then they wouldnt have been stopped. Maybe you would like to do away with all stop and search and let people go around carrying what they want without fear of being stopped. Nice move that.

So how would you protect the country from Terrorism? What would you be looking for... maybe an Osama Bin Laden lookalike carrying out recon.

The Police will never win, if they stop someone they are harrassing the public.. If they dont, and something gets blown up, or people killed then they are failing in their duties.

These pricks who make these videos make my blood boil.

Next time when they are acting suspiciously maybe they will get an armed officer pointing an MP5 at them, then maybe they will realise how serious all this business is

Last edited by fish99; 24-02-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 24-02-2010 | 07:52 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

IMO he shud of jsut stopped pissing around and gave his adress and name nt that fuckin hard
plus tbh i wudnt really want some man taking picutres of me in the street ? bit fucked really.
Old 24-02-2010 | 08:00 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Ollie.
What a wank. Deserved a good kicking for that. Deliberately being awkward and thought he knew better.

ps... i hate the police.
He did know better, he was released without charge.

Benni.
Old 24-02-2010 | 08:13 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
He did know better, he was released without charge.

Benni.
He was arrested so the police could find out who he was. They obviously did that and sent him on his way. The only person who lost out was himself as he wasted a few hours of his time for being a cock when it could have easily been avoided. Still, im sure it wont bother him as he clearly went looking for trouble anyway as he's obviously just one of those strange arkward people.

I honestly cant get my head round these sort of idiots. If he's innocent and 'normal' then why not just co-operate and be on your way in a few minutes. That said, your always going to get the odd few idiots like this out of every few hundred. Its the law of averages i suppose. Shame that such idiots actually exist though.

Last edited by S1rst; 24-02-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 24-02-2010 | 08:21 PM
FATTBOYY
S1 RST ooOO YEHH

i hate people like that "am i obliged officer" mr know it all.

i think the police were well in there right to do what they done.

they could have been terrorists, doing surveillence of the area. and the police could have stopped them. they were doing what they thought was in the interest of queen and country.

why couldnt he just give his details and he could have been on his way. only if he had something to hide would he not give it.
Old 24-02-2010 | 10:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by kultzz
i hate people like that "am i obliged officer" mr know it all.

i think the police were well in there right to do what they done.

they could have been terrorists, doing surveillence of the area. and the police could have stopped them. they were doing what they thought was in the interest of queen and country.

why couldnt he just give his details and he could have been on his way. only if he had something to hide would he not give it.

the could also of been mass murders,,,,, serial killers,,,, they could be ANYTHING when you look at it like that,,,, but then you could also the person who may at somepoint murder my family,,,,,, i dont know,,,, im gonna call the police just so they question you to protect my family !!

they did not seem to be terrorists,,,, they did not fucking belive they was terrorists so its the abuse of a law to gain info about people...... they use the anti terrorist law to pull people over to check they are not terrorists..... then they do a drug search of the car where the law states they need a reason to pull you over but this law gets them around this

he was arrested based on a terrorist law,, they NEVER belived he was about to blow up parliment or heathrow airport.... so who LEGALLY was in the wrong,,,,, but then again nobody in this country understands why we have a legal system,.... we all just belive theres cops and robbbers..... you are either a goodie or a baddie and thats what the law means aint it
Old 24-02-2010 | 10:30 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

The fucking filth chucking it and giving it the large one as usual, fuck em!

Luciano
Old 25-02-2010 | 05:54 AM
Chris Honeywell

Originally Posted by S1rst
I wouldnt even have a problem with that either. If it means less people carry things they shouldnt, knives, guns, weapons, drugs etc, then that can only be a good thing surely.
I would not mind either BUT they will come a point where something the police would want to do would be to much for you, for anyone.

What if they decided to do random house searches? You know knock on peoples door at 3am wanting to search the place, anyone of us could be terrorists-pedos-drug-dealers ETC ETC. What's the problem there cause i would not mind

Yes i would of given my details to those police BUT do you know that kids are getting stopped using the same laws while taking pictures of buildings ETC for course work etc.

Also it means that anyone stopped using these laws will have it down on record that they have been stopped using terrorist laws?
Great whn you want to go for a nice new job at the local Airport
Old 25-02-2010 | 10:17 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
he was arrested based on a terrorist law,, they NEVER belived he was about to blow up parliment or heathrow airport.... so who LEGALLY was in the wrong,,,,,
No mate he was arrested for refusing to give his details and so they could find out who he was. He was out to cause trouble from the start and he got it. He's just one of those annoying pricks that obviously enjoys winding the police up! Funny thing is, he was the only person to lose out in the end!

Whether the law states it or not, put youself in this scenario. Someones hanging around the top of your drive or outside your house, around your car or whatever. You go out and say 'what up mate?', he says 'im not telling you anything?'. Would you not be a little suspicous then?

The point is, if you act as though you have something to hide, then be prepared to take the consequences, even if its just a couple of hours wasted down the nick.

Theres just no reasoning with unreasonable people, and he was quite clearly one of those people.
Old 25-02-2010 | 10:26 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chris Honeywell
I would not mind either BUT they will come a point where something the police would want to do would be to much for you, for anyone.

What if they decided to do random house searches? You know knock on peoples door at 3am wanting to search the place, anyone of us could be terrorists-pedos-drug-dealers ETC ETC. What's the problem there cause i would not mind

Yes i would of given my details to those police BUT do you know that kids are getting stopped using the same laws while taking pictures of buildings ETC for course work etc.

Also it means that anyone stopped using these laws will have it down on record that they have been stopped using terrorist laws?
Great whn you want to go for a nice new job at the local Airport
Well i see it as though they are out there doing something. The thing is, the police just cannot win, because if they were not out there doing something, then something happened they'd get abuse for that too.

Im not too sure that these checks under the terrorist law would actually go down on your record. It may be held on file somewhere yes, but im pretty sure it wont show up on a check or be on your record at all mate.

And they already do these raids/searches but obviously on people they have reason too. Id happily let them in though if it meant that more people are caught in the long run.

This whole subject with the video in question is not really hard to sum up. 2 blokes taking photo's, winding the police up by acting in a strange manner with their cameras behind their backs etc, police approach them as they should, ask for details, they refuse and become un-coperative to be arkward, they get arrested to find out who they are, waste a few hours, then released once theyve found out who they are. The only losers were the blokes for being arses.
Old 25-02-2010 | 11:33 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by S1rst
No mate he was arrested for refusing to give his details and so they could find out who he was. He was out to cause trouble from the start and he got it. He's just one of those annoying pricks that obviously enjoys winding the police up! Funny thing is, he was the only person to lose out in the end!
That's the way I see it too. Sure it's his 'right' not to give his details, but then it's my right to be able to allow my livestock to graze on common land. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out, buy a sheep and take it down the local park.

What if he didn't want to give his details as he was on the register for taking pics of kids? And what if the police let him take the pics and didn't 'force' him to give his details? How many of you would be slating the 'useless prick of a copper' for letting a sex pest get away with it?
Old 25-02-2010 | 04:22 PM
fish99

The details which are recorded only go on intelligence systems. You won't have any form of criminal record. You will have all the details the police record when they give you the stop slip.It won't effect anyone going for a job.
Old 25-02-2010 | 05:14 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by fish99
How were the police abusing the anti terror laws? The guys were acting suspiciously (trying to gain the Police attention) and then got stopped under the correct power. If they werent acting like tits then they wouldnt have been stopped. Maybe you would like to do away with all stop and search and let people go around carrying what they want without fear of being stopped. Nice move that.

So how would you protect the country from Terrorism? What would you be looking for... maybe an Osama Bin Laden lookalike carrying out recon.

The Police will never win, if they stop someone they are harrassing the public.. If they dont, and something gets blown up, or people killed then they are failing in their duties.

These pricks who make these videos make my blood boil.

Next time when they are acting suspiciously maybe they will get an armed officer pointing an MP5 at them, then maybe they will realise how serious all this business is
I agree.

I know people keep playing the free country card (and I'm for that) but the guys were clearly out to force the situation and film it. They were both totally clued up and planned that whole thing.

There was certainly no innocence on their part IMO.

Also, I'm sure this guy has been on youtube before filiming the police, that's probably why he keeps his face covered.

He's probably held a grudge against some silly incident form 20 years ago and spent the years since swatting up on law and insiting situations like this.

I'd have tazered them for being tedious!
Old 25-02-2010 | 06:29 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by jameswrx
I agree.

I know people keep playing the free country card (and I'm for that) but the guys were clearly out to force the situation and film it. They were both totally clued up and planned that whole thing.

There was certainly no innocence on their part IMO.

Also, I'm sure this guy has been on youtube before filiming the police, that's probably why he keeps his face covered.

He's probably held a grudge against some silly incident form 20 years ago and spent the years since swatting up on law and insiting situations like this.

sense at last completly agree and thats my opinion
Old 25-02-2010 | 06:35 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by jameswrx
In the face!
Old 25-02-2010 | 06:44 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

That bloke is a prick, clearly out to have an arguement!