General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

come on then who has the bigest biceps

Search this Thread

Old 25-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Danny @ Enhanced Performance
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was me on holiday a few weeks after my last show back in 2007

Cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

dnt worry mate itl be quiet pal.. ill txt ya tomoz.
Old 25-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Caprigirl
Drift Queen

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
Ladies before gentleman

Luciano

Sure

I will get some pics of my upper arms and post them
Old 25-02-2010, 06:36 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice physique Danny Must have taken a long time and proper dedication to get like that
Old 25-02-2010, 06:37 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

b19 dfp, killer set of traps and lats!
Old 25-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Fair play, Danny, that's a fantastic physique. Everywhere is big, but your traps look really big. I'd love to look like that myself, so one day you never know.

Benni.
Old 25-02-2010, 07:51 PM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone got any sure fire tips or trade secrets for building up the arms then?

I seem to be a naturally skinny cunt, do a lot of mountain biking so my legs and thighs are pretty ripped, just can't seem to build up my upper body that much despite doing 60 press ups a day, a load of bicep curls and tricep stuff, but seem to have to do a shit load of lifting for very little result

Fair play to you guys who are massive, must take some dedication.
Old 25-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by GTi-R23

I seem to be a naturally skinny cunt, do a lot of mountain biking so my legs and thighs are pretty ripped, just can't seem to build up my upper body that much despite doing 60 press ups a day, a load of bicep curls and tricep stuff, but seem to have to do a shit load of lifting for very little result

eat more,
Old 25-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Eat more which has already been said... Although you don't need a proper' diet as such to gain some muscle. Aim for 10-12 reps' and go as heavy as you can. When I've finished arms my skin is all tight, and my arm all swelled up and looks massive. Doesn't last long though. Oh, and don't do them every day. Twice a week for your arms is more than enough I should think.

Benni.
Old 25-02-2010, 08:14 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

As above eat a truckload and I mean A TRUCKLOAD. Your mountain biking probably means you burn loads of calories so that's why you don't bulk up. You need a good routine to hit your major muscle groups HARD. Bicep curls, tricep extensions are only hitting specific muscles that are small groups and press ups won't promote heavy bulking. Need to hit back chest and shoulders well to get good growth. And I tend to vary exercises from power sets to high endurance sets. I find the biceps and triceps respond to a mixture of endurance sets and power sets well. They are a small muscle group don't forget.
Old 25-02-2010, 08:25 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i find i build up doing weights every other day, i dont go to a gym or anything just a bit at home to have fun really.

50 pressups, but not just normal ones, others that ive been shown to help build other areas (triceps and pecs)
50 situps, again different ones to work different parts
30 biceps curls
30 tricep thingys (weight behind your head and lift to arms extent vertically)
and then these hand squeezers 100 times each hand

like i said for me this works as im not that dedicated so just a bit here and there suits me nicely, but i do get good gains, size and shape, when i stick to it for a bit
Old 25-02-2010, 08:38 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

14" biceps, never done weights or anything but quite fancy building some bigger guns! 6ft1 and 184lb's...
Old 25-02-2010, 09:28 PM
BANNED
BANNED

building muscle is alot harder than you think..everyone can put on size at first but then you just stop..you have to keep it up by continously building the blocks, more poundage more food etc etc with arms for example you have to remember your triceps are two thirds of your upper arm and that means they need more work than the biceps..most people that have naturally big arms(triceps)have a flat chest and vice versa,its all about balance...
thanks for the nice comments earlier guys!!

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

How much food was you consuming at that size Danny? I bet it was a lot.

Benni.
Old 25-02-2010, 10:13 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Benni
How much food was you consuming at that size Danny? I bet it was a lot.

Benni.
in those pics it was just after a show so i was in good nick but getting big meant i got bulky
and getting bulky meant i eat alot(5000 cals aday)chicken steak eggs fish protien shakes rice porridge oats bananas jacket spuds,and when you eat good carbs and proteins 5000 cals a day is a lot...

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 10:22 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Originally Posted by b19 dfp
in those pics it was just after a show so i was in good nick but getting big meant i got bulky
and getting bulky meant i eat alot(5000 cals aday)chicken steak eggs fish protien shakes rice porridge oats bananas jacket spuds,and when you eat good carbs and proteins 5000 cals a day is a lot...

cheers danny
Interesting. I recently did a body analysis test and worked out my optimal calorie intake per day should be 3286 for someone my height, weight and build and training regime maybe even a bit more. 5000 calories definitely is a lot to be taking in but as you say decent carbs and proteins.
Old 25-02-2010, 10:35 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by pani_k
Interesting. I recently did a body analysis test and worked out my optimal calorie intake per day should be 3286 for someone my height, weight and build and training regime maybe even a bit more. 5000 calories definitely is a lot to be taking in but as you say decent carbs and proteins.
what is your size height etc??and what do you want to achieve???its all relevant

iv heard so many blokes say i eat like a horse and i just cant grow!!!

the truth is simple if you eat more than you burn you will grow...
if your tearing muscle tissue and you let it repair with plenty of rest and feed it lots of protein it will grow end of...

the most important thing is you stay in an anabolic state(meaning in the favour of well being and growth)and not a catobolic one(feeling tierd and shitty)and you will consistantly build muscle it just gets harder the further you go...

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 10:43 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

5ft 8, 71.1kg, 9.1% body fat. I'm toned/ish with a decent physique. Want to get bigger really thats been my aim for past year train hard eat plenty of food protein rich diet and consume protein at the end of every workout instantly and always eating salmon, beef, chicken, red meat etc etc and always having decent sized, frequent and balanced meals.
Old 25-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by Ginge !; 25-02-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 25-02-2010, 10:55 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Chris looks quite big there!
Old 25-02-2010, 10:55 PM
BANNED
BANNED

5ft 8, 71.1kg, 9.1% body fat. I'm toned/ish with a decent physique. Want to get bigger really thats been my aim for past year train hard eat plenty of food protein rich diet and consume protein at the end of every workout instantly and always eating salmon, beef, chicken, red meat etc etc and always having decent sized, frequent and balanced meals.
are you sure your only 9% bf???as you say toned ish???9% is pretty damn lean mate..in my pics above i was about 8%bf

whats your training regime??splits etc???

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 10:58 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

are you sure your only 9% bf???as you say toned ish???9% is pretty damn lean mate..in my pics above i was about 8%bf

cheers danny
Yeah machine measured mate got a whole bunch of other data as well off it. Train 5 days a week split into

Day 1- Chest/Tris
Day 2- Legs and boxing (bag session)
Day 3- Back/Bis
Day 4- Shoulders
Day 5- Boxing (with my PT)

I also train my abs 4 times a week mixture of ab rollouts and my own little routine.
Old 25-02-2010, 11:03 PM
BANNED
BANNED

Yeah machine measured mate got a whole bunch of other data as well off it. Train 5 days a week split into

Day 1- Chest/Tris
Day 2- Legs and boxing (bag session)
Day 3- Back/Bis
Day 4- Shoulders
Day 5- Boxing (with my PT)

I also train my abs 4 times a week mixture of ab rollouts and my own little routine.
id have a day of between 2 and 3 for more rest also if you were doing a proper leg sesh you deffo wouldnt have the energy to do a sesh on the bag!!!i used to lay on the floor for half an hour after lol

when you say machine measured how was it done???

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

cheers danny
We have a fitness section down the bottom which is mainly focused on bodybuilding, you should go in if you have the time. Can I ask what you put on yourself during the competiton? Is it lots of fake tan...

Benni.
Old 25-02-2010, 11:09 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

id have a day of between 2 and 3 for more rest also if you were doing a proper leg sesh you deffo wouldnt have the energy to do a sesh on the bag!!!i used to lay on the floor for half an hour after lol

when you say machine measured how was it done???

cheers danny
I tell a lie in that little routine because if it is a heavy leg session you're right no way I'm boxing for shit can barely get myself back home so I put the boxing in another day. I try find a day off if I can in between but usually its 5 days straight cos uni and other stuff doesnt allow me the luxury. Forgot the name of the fucking machine but you stand barefoot input height and weight tell it male or female and body type (standard or athletic, put standard on mine to get more underestimated figures) and grab the two hand grips and sends an electric current through your body then gives a printout of height, weight, BMI, BMR, fat mass, lean mass, body fat percentage, lean mass percentage, right arm and leg and left arm and leg resistance amongst other things. Also my own stats measured last week cold:

Lats end to end (across my back)17"
Chest 36"
Neck 15"
Right arm 14"
Left arm 13.8"
Old 25-02-2010, 11:15 PM
BANNED
BANNED

We have a fitness section down the bottom which is mainly focused on bodybuilding, you should go in if you have the time. Can I ask what you put on yourself during the competiton? Is it lots of fake tan...

Benni.
to be fair mate and not being rude but not many people are interested or clued up on the whole thing enough on here for me to be interested..its like chip talking to ppl about maths!!theres not much point...

the tan is similar to a fake tan just alot darker as the lights are so bright,if your not dark enough the light just glows of you and you cant see the lines as well making you look softer..thats where the black guys get an advantage lol that and theyre naturaly leaner

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

We have a few on here who are clued up mate... Godzilla does the competitions as do one or two others. But I do get your point so fair enough. I always wondered what you put on... Now I know!

Benni.
Old 25-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Chris looks quite big there!
mate that was back when we started kick boxing,, hes noticably bigger now...... been training with him all week and when i went to get the only pic i have he looks alot smaller and you can tell its when he was doing sparing with mo getting him ready for hes fights in paris ( mo's that is not chris)

ps: hes also comming to your leaving do(s) as i told him your leaving,,, hes a tart about things like that
Old 25-02-2010, 11:22 PM
BANNED
BANNED

I tell a lie in that little routine because if it is a heavy leg session you're right no way I'm boxing for shit can barely get myself back home so I put the boxing in another day. I try find a day off if I can in between but usually its 5 days straight cos uni and other stuff doesnt allow me the luxury. Forgot the name of the fucking machine but you stand barefoot input height and weight tell it male or female and body type (standard or athletic, put standard on mine to get more underestimated figures) and grab the two hand grips and sends an electric current through your body then gives a printout of height, weight, BMI, BMR, fat mass, lean mass, body fat percentage, lean mass percentage, right arm and leg and left arm and leg resistance amongst other things. Also my own stats measured last week cold:

Lats end to end (across my back)17"
Chest 36"
Neck 15"
Right arm 14"
Left arm 13.8"
oh cool...to be honest them machines are alot of wank on bf count...are you as lean as me in those pics above or more like the black guy in the above pics???
to test bf we use proper calipers and take four readings 1 from the skin fold around the lower belly one from the top of the back up on the shoulder blade one from the bicep peak and one from the back of the tricep,cant remember how you calculate it from there but its an equation of the four skin folds and it gives a very accurate bf reading

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oh and the other guys in the pic,, the bald one,,,,, DONT FUCK WITH HIM,, 3rd dan and i swear hes bones are made on concreate and the dark haired guy is also around chris's size in the photos apart from he has a pukka set of abs,,,, hes the guy that snapped another mates collar bone in grappling i was telling you about last year
Old 25-02-2010, 11:26 PM
BANNED
BANNED

We have a few on here who are clued up mate... Godzilla does the competitions as do one or two others. But I do get your point so fair enough. I always wondered what you put on... Now I know!

Benni.
yeah iv heard about godzilla,is there any pics of any competitors as when i used to post in the fitness threads i didnt come accross any of them although there were a few clued up guys,a few power lifters etc

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

yeah iv heard about godzilla,is there any pics of any competitors as when i used to post in the fitness threads i didnt come accross any of them although there were a few clued up guys,a few power lifters etc

cheers danny
This is Paul... (Godzilla).

And there is Brad who's getting big now, but I don't know him as well so won't post his pictures.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 25-02-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 25-02-2010, 11:41 PM
BANNED
BANNED

This is Paul... (Godzilla).

And there is Brad who's getting big now, but I don't know him as well so won't post his pictures.

Benni.
yeah hes looking good what federation does he compete in..are hes legs as good as upper body???i take it hes quite short???middle weigh or leight heavy???

iv seen pics of brad and hes got good legs nice hamstring sweep...

cheers danny
Old 25-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I don't know the answer to any of those questions, sorry. I'd suspect he's got nice legs, but for all I know they could be bean poles... LOL. How much muscle do you loose when cutting for a competition?

Benni.
Old 25-02-2010, 11:48 PM
morrismuscle
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Ive got 19.5" biceps 15.5" forarms 55" chest and im 20 stone
i used to do body building but six months ago i got into power lifting

bench 200 kg
squat 230 kg
deads 250 kg

only been deadlifting and squating six months so im happy with progress
been benchpressing for years

Heres a few vids ive posted

http://www.youtube.com/RAWMORRISMUSCLE
Old 25-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Nice videos and stats.

Benni.
Old 26-02-2010, 12:00 AM
BANNED
BANNED

I don't know the answer to any of those questions, sorry. I'd suspect he's got nice legs, but for all I know they could be bean poles... LOL. How much muscle do you loose when cutting for a competition?

Benni.
^^^^^^ see what im saying!!!

any way,you try not to lose muscle when dieting but of course you do..i lost 58 lbs in my last diet but of course thats mainly water and fat but some say you lose around a quarter pound of muscle every two pounds of fat...

cheers danny
Old 26-02-2010, 12:02 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Nah not as lean as you mate no way but don;t forget I carry a MUCH smaller amount of lean mass than you in comparision to my net weight. I was leaner before when I used to to a lot of cardio work but over autumn and winter aimed at bulking so got a tiny bit of a gut but can get rid easy still got the 6 pack there though. My short term aim though is to get to 12 stone and then stay a properly lean 11-11.5 stone if I can. Long term goal for someone my height probably looking at 13-14 stone max but want to stay lean but have big key areas for that decent posture which you seems to have well covered: chest, back, shoulders.
Old 26-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

^^^^^^ see what im saying!!!
Not really, no. I wouldn't know the answer to those unless he told me, which he hasn't. That doesn't seem too bad muscle wise.

Benni.
Old 26-02-2010, 12:23 AM
BANNED
BANNED

Not really, no. I wouldn't know the answer to those unless he told me, which he hasn't. That doesn't seem too bad muscle wise.

Benni.
i wasnt talking about you mate!!!!i was talking about the terrible squats etc and the over inflated stats lol

cheers danny

Quick Reply: come on then who has the bigest biceps