General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stolen New Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old 13-02-2010, 09:19 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Stolen New Focus RS

My mate just told me about a mate of his from Chester who has a brand new Focus RS thats done 600 mile thats been robbed by breaking into the house and taking a big knife out of the kitchen draw and comming up the stairs and getting the keys.

reg is D2OMY and the blokes called Dromy Dromgoole.

him and his buisness partner bought one each and now the other is for sale as they don't want the same thing happening.

he left chester and went for a night out away and stayed with friends and came back and had a few more drinks and went to bed.
In the night the gaff got rumbled and when the robbers broke in they took the keys to a new bm that was blocking in the RS and backed it out the way and left it in the drive and across the pavement with the door open and the keys in the ignition.
the police said the gang have done it before and will use the knife if they get caught taking the keys,also the police said its asians they are after who are doing it. other than that they don't know any more.

it was 9.30 in the morning when the car was reported stolen and by 10 the tracker peeople were informed and theres nothing tracker can find as its not showing up so they either know how to disarm the tracker or somthing.
Old 13-02-2010, 09:21 AM
cossiejsy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really gutted for him and hope they find it soon
Old 13-02-2010, 09:29 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Originally Posted by cossiejsy
I am really gutted for him and hope they find it soon
No mate,hope they find the fucking twats soon as he does not want the car back.

if anyone see's a new white focus rs reg d2omy call the old bill and don't approach as they are tooled up.
Old 13-02-2010, 09:31 AM
colarado red
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

pikey wankers
Old 13-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Pushrod
Former Sponsor

Shocking.
Hope they get it back, but not likely.
Cunts like these just have no fear of being caught!
Old 13-02-2010, 09:40 AM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 428 Likes on 403 Posts

thats fookin terrible ,scumbags ,anyone should be allowed to shoot these bastards who break into your home, end of
the only questions to be asked are at the inquest

thank god the guy and his family are ok

cheers james
Old 13-02-2010, 09:45 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Originally Posted by james kiely
thats fookin terrible ,scumbags ,anyone should be allowed to shoot these bastards who break into your home, end of
the only questions to be asked are at the inquest

thank god the guy and his family are ok

cheers james
james after the shock of finding the cars gone then the bm's been moved out the way and the house is left open,the bloke felt really bad that his mates house has been broken into for his Focus RS,and his mates bedroom has had wankers walking around it with a big carving knife finding the keys for the bm in the way.
thats the bit he is gutted about matey.
Old 13-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Thats just shocking.They must know what they are doing cause if the tracker people cant find it on there system.I rthought when trackers got fitted they hid them.Did the thiefs have a scanner to find the tracker?I hope they get the car back but i dont think its looking good.
Old 13-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know who i feel sorry for the most,dromy or his business partner for selling up for fear of loosing his aswell,personally i woudmt let some twat spoil my enjoyment....
but fairplay,they left the beamer(so last year)....lol
Old 13-02-2010, 10:08 AM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

this is so so bad news why do they do it .its bad anuth that thet brake in and take the keys but to have a knife and as the police say they will use it . all so wot dose m head in if woke up and your got the better of then and they got stabbed you would get done for it .
Old 13-02-2010, 10:21 AM
DUDE_SWEET_FRST
Advanced PassionFord User

mines tucked away safe. but i think i might just put the keys in an easy to find place so i dont get stabbed should they try!! w@nkers!
Old 13-02-2010, 10:29 AM
.Ross.

Bad Crack ... So are the insurance gonna pay up?

At the end of the day ... Just go buy another RS, Cannot go buy a new life.

I totally agree on the shoot to Kil .. Ask questions later Policy ..

Tracker: MMMM Wonder why it hasnt shown up? Maybe its already in a container heading for Oz?
Old 13-02-2010, 10:33 AM
joel_winders

Its not worth having a nice car in the north west unless you can garage it, these gangs are all over the show now just used to be manchester and liverpool but there coming well out of their way to hand pick any car they want now.

My Type R got stolen a year ago and ended up 30 miles away used in another robbery !
Old 13-02-2010, 10:35 AM
H7 CYA

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another stolen thread, almost one a day. Shit news mate but at least no one was hurt could have been a lot worse.
Old 13-02-2010, 10:37 AM
stishy
n00b

fuckin scum bag jealous tramps!
Old 13-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Really makes my fooking blood boil this shit....
Old 13-02-2010, 11:31 AM
damian harris
sideways most if the time

Mate that is shocking to hear . Glad he is o.k .......
Old 13-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Delta-Force
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

will of been took to order thats for sure theres a fair bit of dodgy car ringing or twinned up cars round this way pritty much almost new cars and always top end stuff rs4 porsche's etc they get new id and plated up then used through fake hire companys so at a glance it all looks legit to the police

not somethin im into personally but its happening out there thats for sure

as said above im glad he is ok cars can always be replaced cant they unlike lifes
Old 13-02-2010, 12:50 PM
joel_winders

Originally Posted by Delta-Force
will of been took to order thats for sure theres a fair bit of dodgy car ringing or twinned up cars round this way pritty much almost new cars and always top end stuff rs4 porsche's etc they get new id and plated up then used through fake hire companys so at a glance it all looks legit to the police

not somethin im into personally but its happening out there thats for sure

as said above im glad he is ok cars can always be replaced cant they unlike lifes

so you have noticed the 100 + young lads i see daily in RS4's Range rovers ect driving round manchester in trackies too ! scum bags
Old 13-02-2010, 12:59 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

buy a big dog and attach the keys to the collar when your out and leave the dog in the house lol
Old 13-02-2010, 01:39 PM
dingla rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

car will be in the back freezer wagon tracker signal carnt get throw the wagon panels hence why its not showing up twats !!!
Old 13-02-2010, 02:23 PM
callummarshall

is the whole frs thing sounding familliar??
sounding a bit like the storys my dad has said about his/his mates cossie's/rs's
Old 13-02-2010, 03:54 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

can't have been a planned robbery as dromy had never been to his mates in the car before so the robbers would not have seen it there to plan taking it,they either saw him in it and followed him and saw where he parked it up and waited for them to come home and go to bed or struck lucky mooching around for a nice car to rob after most people are in bed.

either way if you read this and have a nice car parked on your drive i urge you to think about house alarms,a dog that barks and leaving your keys not on you as you really don't want a knife waving maniac breathing over your mrs when your asleep for your car keys.

there was so much other stuff they could of took like money on a dressing table (Ł200 plus) phones etc and left it all as all they got was the new Focus RS.
Old 13-02-2010, 04:59 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad i don't live down there any more
Old 13-02-2010, 05:42 PM
G950KDT

it'll be plated up as another FRS by now, theres not many of them on the road so surely it will be found! most parts for them are going to be chopped up, and they'll be stored out for a while until the heats off them....

bloody shame that fact that people are buying these cars, then some bastard is taking them off them....
Old 13-02-2010, 06:11 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Most likely taken for shipping abroad. Could be used for a robbery but a bit garish for that.

Thing is with stuff like this, if they come in your home and are willing to stab you for the car is it worth dying, or doing time for a car that is insured? Best be is to leave them upstairs on the landing, if they are going to come up that far they are not affraid of a confrontation.

Thing is, most of them have nothing to loose, aren't affriad of the old bill or getting caught and wont be fussed about injuring you to get those keys, question is, how far will you go and how much will you risk not to let them have them?

Sad news for the peeps who have gone through this, but cars like these really needs to be hidden away when not driven and the owners need to be aware of who is around them when they park up.
Old 13-02-2010, 06:16 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

fucking gutting news that
Old 13-02-2010, 06:26 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shit that is..............added it on my site

http://forum.rs-mania.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32757
Old 13-02-2010, 06:29 PM
twoblacklines

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trackers are useless now tbh, you can get these wands that you run over the car and they beep when they detect a gps/mobile phone/ RF signal. The only ones that are any good are the ones that send data every x minutes then shutdown.
Old 13-02-2010, 06:58 PM
749steve

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i guy near me had his house broke into for his new focus rs as well
luckily his keys were in his trouser pocket so they didnt get away with it
Old 13-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Absolutely disgusting. You go and work your arse off to buy nioce things and some low life workshy oxygen thief thinks they can just help themselves to it. Should be able to kill these people on site without fear of prosecution.
Old 13-02-2010, 07:33 PM
cozmeister
More boost Igor!

What a real shitter! I wondered how long it'd be before the first one was pinched!

One of the things that mugs me off about trackers is that they don't seem to work - a trackered car gets nicked and they can't find it? WTF? What's the point spending money on installing it and the subscription if there's a chance it can be switched off by some inbred pikey? I've seen a few Tracker successes on Road Wars and the like, but seeing something like this makes my neck hairs stand on end!
Old 13-02-2010, 09:36 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Originally Posted by cozmeister
What a real shitter! I wondered how long it'd be before the first one was pinched!

One of the things that mugs me off about trackers is that they don't seem to work - a trackered car gets nicked and they can't find it? WTF? What's the point spending money on installing it and the subscription if there's a chance it can be switched off by some inbred pikey? I've seen a few Tracker successes on Road Wars and the like, but seeing something like this makes my neck hairs stand on end!

are you saying this is the first new shape focus rs to be stolen ???

if so i'm certain he won't like that fact

dunno why the tracker didn't work,i'm thinking the car will not have been torched though, ripping it out will stop it but i have heard about somthing that switches off or jams the tracker. defeats the object of having one that does.
Old 13-02-2010, 09:46 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Really gutted for this guy, i hope he's ok.

I caught a couple of pikeys at my car tonight and its really pissed me off
Old 13-02-2010, 09:50 PM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

bad shit, you work hard for something for someone to take it away.
i've started removing steering wheel now if it's in a less than secure place for my pride and joy, 6 bolts in all and a pain in the arse, but would stop it being driven if the bolts aren't there.
Old 14-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Ronnie_st
OCD-NI

a good friend of mine was telling me the other week a few cane one Sunday afternoon to take his only he was at home. As for trackers they are very easy to get round according to the guy who fits them to the work lorries.
Old 14-02-2010, 02:46 AM
HockeyNomad
Part of the Furniture

things like this i always leave the keys out (kitchen living room etc), but i always un hook throttle cable, coilpack and crank position sensor,

so they have to fuck about before getting it going, simnple but easy stuff to do, just hook it back up when i do my coolant/oil checks before driving off, only takes 2 ticks
simple but useful in preventing it being driven away.

not fool proof, but as tesco say every little helps, longer they are mucking about stealing your motor more likely they are to be seen / put off / give up.
Old 14-02-2010, 06:34 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by joel_winders
Its not worth having a nice car in the north west unless you can garage it, these gangs are all over the show now just used to be manchester and liverpool but there coming well out of their way to hand pick any car they want now.

My Type R got stolen a year ago and ended up 30 miles away used in another robbery !

dont get under false illusions mate this is countrywide and has been for ages now(stats showed cardif has the highest creeper theft rate in the uk) , I live In Bristol and work alot with the police and have been told by them this happens almost daily up to 3 times some days In Bristol alone and the gangs doing it are usually miniroity groups like asians etc.

Quick Reply: Stolen New Focus RS