General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

any sparky jobs going ?

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2010, 08:17 PM
turbo_3dr_tommy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any sparky jobs going ?

my cousin is looking for a start anywhere in the North East he is fully time served with NVQ level 3 with more qualifications but not sure and can do industrial or domestic

he has always been in employment since he started as a sparky 15 yrs ago but things have went very quite for him so if anyone knows of any jobs going can you please let me know as he has his 2nd child on the way and no job at the min

cheers
Old 26-01-2010, 08:29 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

just answered the question i was going to ask unfortunately if he was free and single i'd say he'd of been better off moving to london for a bit cos there is still a fair bit of work floating around, that's exactly what i'v done, unfortunately everywhere else it's quite thin on the ground and everyone is bending over backwards to keep there job within company's , he's just gotta keep scanning for work i found if you do it everyday just take an hour or so of your time you manage to catch any job's that come along this is how i got work when the recession first hit us.

fingers crossed for him anyhow hope it turns out all well and good in the end for him
Old 26-01-2010, 08:38 PM
turbo_3dr_tommy

cheers mate

he is sighned up with agency's but only gets 5 days here 10 days there and thats only every couple of months aswell, this country really has turned to shit and to many fuckers coming over here any taking our jobs
Old 26-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

everywhere i know around the north east are very quiet, try intelect in middlesbrough there the only ones that seem busy
Old 26-01-2010, 08:40 PM
turbo_3dr_tommy

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
everywhere i know around the north east are very quiet, try intelect in middlesbrough there the only ones that seem busy
cheers mate i will pass on the information
Old 26-01-2010, 08:49 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

sites are terrible for it and with all this health and safety that they induce but in reality none of the fuckers can speak proper english anyhow, it's not good for the likes of us, i'v just been doing an extension on a school in london and i'd say over 80% is foreign labour, the labourers are NEVER english and that's how many youngsters used to get into the trade so even that's gone, in brum things are just as bad like i said i live in london during the week but it's only a 2 hour travel for me so not too far away, really what your cousin wants is either a company to take him on the book's from the agency work he does or just keep searching with the hope it'll soon turn up, i think doing that little bit extra work wise is always a good decider not saying he don't but do get alot of tradesmen that get lazy and wanna be finnished dead on 5 and won't do nothing unless paid for it, i think stretching that little bit extra to help someone always makes you come out good.

we'v just been like that on the job where on and they have just filled us with work we thought we was gunna have a bit of a break waiting for job's to start but they have just given us 2 job's to fill the time well only verbally that is.
Old 27-01-2010, 11:27 AM
turbo_3dr_tommy

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
sites are terrible for it and with all this health and safety that they induce but in reality none of the fuckers can speak proper english anyhow, it's not good for the likes of us, i'v just been doing an extension on a school in london and i'd say over 80% is foreign labour, the labourers are NEVER english and that's how many youngsters used to get into the trade so even that's gone, in brum things are just as bad like i said i live in london during the week but it's only a 2 hour travel for me so not too far away, really what your cousin wants is either a company to take him on the book's from the agency work he does or just keep searching with the hope it'll soon turn up, i think doing that little bit extra work wise is always a good decider not saying he don't but do get alot of tradesmen that get lazy and wanna be finnished dead on 5 and won't do nothing unless paid for it, i think stretching that little bit extra to help someone always makes you come out good.

we'v just been like that on the job where on and they have just filled us with work we thought we was gunna have a bit of a break waiting for job's to start but they have just given us 2 job's to fill the time well only verbally that is.
dont get me started on foriegn workers mate

and my cous loves working all hrs he's a right greedy bastard lol
Old 27-01-2010, 04:38 PM
gazdon
wheeler dealer

industrial door companys i.e roller shutters are always looking for sparkys it may be worth ringing them out of the yellow pages piss easy job and good pay.