General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Leeds v Manu

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
pollocks
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmao you wanna see how many face book groups there are celebrating this ! its like leeds have won the cup final its self ! proving that leeds fans have a small club mentality and not the big club that they claim to be !
Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Originally Posted by dojj
hopefully spurs will put 9 past them too
hopefully it will be like the spurs v stoke or spurs v wolves game to be fair dojj
seriously though this was never a fa cup game to leeds fans, it was a chance to play the scum again, and i think the players realised this too, as both sets of fans will agree its been way too long.
but another round of the cup is another game that leeds dont want to be playing in imo and a lot of the other fans are saying too.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Almost hit the ceiling i punched the air that high and im not a Leeds fan :either;

Whats good about it is fergie gobbing off AGAIN the other day ''we're going for all four''

Well tough fucking shit ya big nosed jock cunt
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I wonder if Mike Ashley will get some balls and stump up some money for Beckford now after watching today, saying that he looks top 8 premiership class not newcastle clas if im honest, tighter than a ducks arse wor fucking fat cunt chairman, well done leeds, cant remember the last year i saw the top 3 teams lose so many matches in a year.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Bollocks skeg, what does it get you, a place in the europa no hoper league, saying that, we might need to win the fa cup for any kind of european football for next season

Agree it terms of rewards or prize money but the football and the drama is clearly there. Obviously top priorities is Premier, Champions league, FA then the League cup in that order but focus can shift heavily to just one trophy if its not been won for ages, (Liverpool and the league/Premiership and United with the CL pre 99 or the win in 2008 for example). Its about the cash anyway not the place. Premiership is the one you have to be in because of the TV cash and that teams finishing bottom still make £30m+ with the top 4 teams wanting to boost that further with CL involvement cash bonus on top.

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Strongest team lol thats a shocker!

no Evra (best left back poss in world)
no Vidic (one of best dc in world)
No rio (one of best dc in world)
No Valencia At start (one of our best performers at the mo)
No Carrick (excellent playmaker/Sprayer of the ball) Just what we needed in my opinion.

the list goes on.

Anyway im not bitter so im not gonna argue with you man u haters.

Well done leeds. Dirty Scumbags lol
Yes we have the most injuries but we still had Valencia, Giggs etc on the bench and shouldn't have disrespected Leeds and the size of this game. We did it v Beskitas before top spot in Europe was settled and got away with it.

Originally Posted by shaun655
they won't do anything wit them either!
We'll see................

Originally Posted by pollocks
lmao you wanna see how many face book groups there are celebrating this ! its like leeds have won the cup final its self ! proving that leeds fans have a small club mentality and not the big club that they claim to be !
Fair play to them I say and why not? They were in the big time not long ago and it went wrong from a business sense which like with the debts some of our clubs have dumped on them from these new owners could happen to any of us. (Glaziers, Gillets etc). Today was a big result and a huge rivalry, Liverpool and Leeds is mental for us. Liverpool printed special t-shirts and released dvd's of that game when they beat us and that wasn't a knock out cup game, just a game for 3 points.

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
I wonder if Mike Ashley will get some balls and stump up some money for Beckford now after watching today, saying that he looks top 8 premiership class not newcastle clas if im honest,
Would be a good signing for you and was decent today at times but not sure about the Premiership let alone top 8. As we've seen with Ebanks blake or Campell, dominating the Championship doesn't always go too well in the big boys league and that's not Div-Premiership class gap. You lot are looking good for a return so far.

Last edited by skeg; 03-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 PM
pollocks
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by skeg

Fair play to them I say and why not? They were in the big time not long ago and it went wrong from a business sense which like with the debts some of our clubs have dumped on them from these new owners could happen to any of us. (Glaziers, Gillets etc). Today was a big result and a huge rivalry, Liverpool and Leeds is mental for us. Liverpool printed special t-shirts and released dvd's of that game when they beat us and that wasn't a knock out cup game, just a game for 3 points.

yeah and i for one as a liverpool fan was embarassed at people doing those sorts of things when we beat you twice last season as its something we should be doing more than not !
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
I wonder if Mike Ashley will get some balls and stump up some money for Beckford now after watching today, saying that he looks top 8 premiership class not newcastle clas if im honest, tighter than a ducks arse wor fucking fat cunt chairman, well done leeds, cant remember the last year i saw the top 3 teams lose so many matches in a year.
if you think beckford is worth the money you'll have to pay us to get him then im sorry everything you hear about deluded newcastle fans makes perfect sense to me...

i watch him week in week out and this is how i see him

beckford is an average championship striker at best
his first touch and ball control are the same standard as a 5yr olds
his attitude stinks (he strolls round league 1 grounds like he's thierry henry)
he never jumps for a header or runs for a ball he might not win
he struggles against decent league 1 centre halfs, nevermind top end championship or premiership
gets an awful lot of goals due to the amount of chances created for him at leeds, and probaly misses 70%+ of the chances he gets
and apart from today always goes missing in the big games

if you think he's worth £2-3 mil with 6 months left on his contract then frankly your mad, but you will end up selling him next season at a loss cos he wont make the grade above the championship.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Shredtheibanez
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by danneth
god man utd are awful

wes brown

Did you see rooney? He played absolute shit! Was gutted with the result!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:29 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pollocks
yeah and i for one as a liverpool fan was embarassed at people doing those sorts of things when we beat you twice last season as its something we should be doing more than not !

Yes sure, you're a big club, with great history, £20mill players all over the pitch and finished 2nd in the Premier league last season so you're far from doomed despite not progressing this season. But what I was getting at is imagine if Liverpool or United had the recent years they had, dropping down the lower leagues and losing all the Rio's, Smiths and Viduka's etc then no doubt we'd 'over' celebrate such a big win too.

I doubt they'll beat Tottenham as the fire in them will be gone now but who knows in the FA cup. All I know is if we get dumped out the Semi finals of the Carling to City on Wednesday (+ 2ng leg) then we would have been dumped out of two cups and beaten in the league by the 3 top rivals this season. Be worth it for #19 though.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:57 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredtheibanez
Did you see rooney? He played absolute shit! Was gutted with the result!

ye but id never slag rooney as i think hes immense by far the best player for me and most consistant,

and for beckford i know a few leeds fans who go week in week out and they have said the same about beckford as the guy above said, they said for every goal he scores he needs about 6 chances they said if they can get a few mill for him then they would take it and run
Old 04-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by danneth
ye but id never slag rooney as i think hes immense by far the best player for me and most consistant,

and for beckford i know a few leeds fans who go week in week out and they have said the same about beckford as the guy above said, they said for every goal he scores he needs about 6 chances they said if they can get a few mill for him then they would take it and run
He must get a fucking lot of chances then!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Mike C
The Special One

He can leave on a free at the end of the season, and I reckon he'll go to wherever will offer the most money, so they're as well cashing in on him now. He's good enough to play at Championship level and might not be a bad signing for Newcastle to help them finish the job, but he'll have to step it up a gear to progress beyond that IMO.

Snodgrass and Becchio and much better players, as was (is) Delph.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:05 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
He must get a fucking lot of chances then!
top of the league 8 points clear with 2 games in hand (3 after the spuds game) suggests this

Originally Posted by Mike C
He can leave on a free at the end of the season, and I reckon he'll go to wherever will offer the most money, so they're as well cashing in on him now. He's good enough to play at Championship level and might not be a bad signing for Newcastle to help them finish the job, but he'll have to step it up a gear to progress beyond that IMO.

Snodgrass and Becchio and much better players, as was (is) Delph.
leeds dont need to sell, yes its a couple of mil but what price would you put on gaining promotion to the championship?

snodgrass and becchio are more important players in terms of what they do for the team but beckfords important too he scores the goals, but there are loads of other contributors too, kilkenny is probably the best centre midfielder outside the prem for what he can do to open up the opposition, howson is a great talent, then theres paddy kisnorbo at the back whos solid as a rock, beckford will go imo if billy sharp comes in and they'll hold out for £3 million for beckford imo which is far too much to be paying for a striker you can get for fuck all in the summer

as for delph, i got a contact at leeds in the management team who sorts me out some comps for away games i cant get tickets for with my membership and he says that gettin the money for delph that we did get was the best bit of business ken bates has ever done as everyone reckons he aint gonna make it. great player, i for one wanted him to stay but the apparently he likes the nightlife a bit more than he should do. he's already banned for drink driving