General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

toothache

Search this Thread

Old 22-12-2009, 06:05 AM
cossieracer
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy toothache

i have got awful toothache apart from the obvious see the dentist any pain relieving cures. lost my filling
Old 22-12-2009, 08:22 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Cossieracer, take my advice mate..

I HATE dentists, but this is the BEST time to go, treatment nowerdays is virtually painless and will feel like a tickle compared to the toothache your experiencing.

You will leave the dentist after 30 minutes thinking what was I worried about, thank foook that is over, lets enjoy Christmas!!

Go do it, IF YOU DONT as i didn't years back, the tooth broke down to the gumb, get an abscess and then took 2 hours to dig it out as there was nothing to grip - then a few days of torn gums.

Get an emergency appointment, get it done and feel like your floating on air when you don't have that pain!!
Old 22-12-2009, 08:34 AM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd agree with the above, i was in so much pain a few months ago i couldn't sleep i had to sit up all night and had about an hours sleep in the armchair, if i layed down it was unbearable.

Last time i saw a dentist was about 14 years ago because the pain from just having fillings was unbearable. I went to the emergency NHS service and had the tooth out i was shocked, i didn't even feel the injection! The dentist i went to years ago must have hated me.
For me the acute pain of the drill that goes right through the tooth is THE worse pain i can experience.
Old 22-12-2009, 08:54 AM
murfs frst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

as above nothing worse than a toothache,espically this time of year
Old 29-12-2009, 05:05 AM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been up since three, found using vodka as mouthwash to be best!
Old 29-12-2009, 05:19 AM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

I had the worst pain ever a few months ago, last time i was at the dentist was 1999, the first time i noticed was when the 2 very back teeth basicly just fucking crumbled apart because i never brushed them (The ones at the back not al of them)

I left it for months and months, then very the tooth ache started, i never felt anything like it, for a day solid it was unreal, you never ever take your mind off it, i mean you could happly go about your day with a head ache or something but your brain just seems to focus on your tooth ache, infact i made a post on here about going to the dental hospital in glasgow because it was that bad, then somone said it students that do all the work for free, thought na its ok ill go a register at a new dentist

Well wish i had gone sooner, because i felt no pain at all, and i mean none and he took out both teeth that day
Old 29-12-2009, 07:04 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by James
been up since three, found using vodka as mouthwash to be best!
Soaking whiskey on the tooth helps as well lol

Steve
Old 29-12-2009, 12:12 PM
gazdon
wheeler dealer

NUROFEN its ace no pain for hours after i used nurofen when my wisdom tooth was rottern it was a life saver.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Zetec_mk4_XR3i
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

i get bad toothache as well mate unfortunately cos i didnt look after my teeth when i was younger but i agree 110% with Matt, go to dentist and get the coont taken out - the feeling is so much better than battling away all day with toothache

you can get a thing called Oralgel from Asda which is a numbing cream, its not really a long term fix but you rub it on your gum and it numbs it for a couple of hours.

Good luck!
Old 29-12-2009, 01:37 PM
BazW
Regular Contributor

Get it sorted ASAP otherwise you'll end up with an abscess and then it will hurt. I had it a few years ago and had a face like buzz lightyear for a week till the antibiotics cleared it and I could get it pulled. First time they tried to pull it the abscess stopped the anesthetic working and I was in agony for 3 days...nothing got rid of the pain