General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Car idling problem...

Search this Thread

Old 30-12-2004, 10:43 PM
EvilFranky
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car idling problem...

Had this since the day i bought the bloody thing lol, so i doubt the engine build has owt to do with it

Bascially my FRST can't decide where it wants to idle. It never idles just normally at 900rpm or whatever its supposed to be. Instead it chooses most of the time to idle at 2k, if i'm lucky it'll just sit around 1.5k and quite happily potter about at this all day.

Another thing i have noticed in the time i've had it is that its a bit jerky to be honest, not all the time but every so often, and has been for the last day or so. Hard to explain, but its like the throttle is too sensitive for its own good...the slightest of touches even on the move causes it to jolt ever so slightly and the same thing when u back right off the throttle to, no matter how careful you are.

These problems arn't the easiest to solve over forums, as to be honest its much better for people to jump in and show what i mean, but any help would be much much appreciated
Old 31-12-2004, 12:22 AM
murfs frst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

know what you mean m8 (hard to explain) it could be one of your switches on the engine or it could be your air/fuel mixture there is a mixture screw on the pasanger side of the bulk head but you wont know what your emissions are so best bet is to get it set up on a rolling road might cost you 100 quid or so but its worth it,other wise it could get expensive replacing bits you dont need
hpoe this helps m8 good luck