General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is this racist? Is it b****x!

Search this Thread

Old 26-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Roscco
Livin' [H]ard & Fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Minirotty
I've never in my life seen a coach load of Muslim school kids take a trip to a church have you?
Are you for real ??

You can tell that the coach is full of Muslim kids how exactly ? Last time i looked all kids looked pretty similar regardless of thier religion.
I was also under the impression that most schools catered to all religions.

Maybe i live in the stone age but as JohnnyB said, i think it's about time all children had an understanding of everybodys faith and beliefs.
It would allow for far less one sided extremists and perhaps help put this 'my gods better than yours' shite to bed once and for all.
Old 26-11-2009, 06:59 PM
spinus
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I'd rather my kids visited a mosque, or temple than sit through a moronic Christian church service. I think all religions are daft though.
just interested, what makes a christian service moronic but not the others? now thats a racist comment if ever i heard one
Old 26-11-2009, 07:00 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's nothing to do with religeon here, it's the fact that you have to pay a fiver to fund the coach that's the issue here

i remember having assembly every morning and having to sing christian hymns anddoing all the christian stuff at easter and stuff and nothing else was allowed

didn't make me hate christianity, i just didn't understand what it was about as they only made us sing songs rather than teach us any of the historical stuff

in any case, look at the trip as an experience, is she don't go then everyone who has gone will know stuff she won't, and then you'll have to ask us boys here on pf to explain what 's what
Old 26-11-2009, 07:08 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by spinus
just interested, what makes a christian service moronic but not the others? now thats a racist comment if ever i heard one
When the kids visit a mosque they look around, marvel at the beautiful architecture, and learn about what the religion's beliefs are to help them understand different cultures. When they go to church they have some bloke telling them (as if it were fact) that Jesus was this man who did miracles then died, then didn't die, then came back to save us, and we must thank him a lot.

In one instance they're having their mind expanded, in the other they're having their mind brainwashed. That's what's moronic about it.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:11 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hilarious!
Old 26-11-2009, 07:17 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

When the kids visit a mosque they look around, marvel at the beautiful architecture, and learn about what the religion's beliefs are to help them understand different cultures. When they go to church they have some bloke telling them (as if it were fact) that Jesus was this man who did miracles then died, then didn't die, then came back to save us, and we must thank him a lot.

In one instance they're having their mind expanded, in the other they're having their mind brainwashed. That's what's moronic about it.
thats as one sided a view as the racist up there.i dont recall being brainwashed when visiting churches.
dont they preach their own particular view in other places of worship then?

Last edited by fuzzy; 26-11-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:19 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

How so? I'm against my kids being taught any religion as fact. I'd be more than happy for them to understand the belief systems of any religion, just not be preached to.

I'm NOT against them visiting a church obviously!

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 26-11-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Hockney
Advanced PassionFord User

I believe that there was someone called Jesus but I also believe he was the worlds first cult leader Am I racist? lol
Old 26-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd rather my kids visited a mosque, or temple than sit through a moronic Christian church service. I think all religions are daft though.
agree with you there mate, plus they always come round with that begging bowl the fucking church roof that needs replacing (i am right in thinking the church is one of the richest establishments in the world?)
Old 26-11-2009, 07:25 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

i cant see how one is an enlightening experience whilst the other is brainwashing preaching?
all have their own version to sell, the manner in which its done will be down to the individual teller rather than that house of god.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:26 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Hockney
I believe that there was someone called Jesus but I also believe he was the worlds first cult leader Am I racist? lol
The Christian religion is one of the biggest because they were one of the most ruthless. They killed millions and destroyed countless religious buildings to make sure they were the dominant religion. The church preaches that the crusades were a good thing as they 'spread the word', but the reality is that they just wiped out any alternative religion they came across. Definitely a cult!
Old 26-11-2009, 07:28 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
i cant see how one is an enlightening experience whilst the other is brainwashing preaching?
all have their own version to sell, the manner in which its done will be down to the individual teller rather than that house of god.
I see what you mean, but I am assuming that the mosque visit won't be to sit through a service, whereas a church visit will.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I', on your wavelength today Dan,

Jesus Christ, Robin Hood, sure they did exist, but weather they did what people believe they did, I am not sure, more of a science kinda guy tbh
Old 26-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
it's nothing to do with religeon here, it's the fact that you have to pay a fiver to fund the coach that's the issue here

yeh, that seems to of been what triggerd my initial rant lol

but the fact of me not wnting to pay it and being seen as a racist for it by one of the mothers.

Didn't want to start a debate on peoples personal racial views but it has done.

Got to ask though, question aimed at the scouser bill was it? being a racist...

is it like when I got bit by a Jack russle as a kid and now I fuckin hate them dog's.

Did a school boy shout at you as a young man and happen to be of a Pakistani back ground and now has led you to hate them all? or is that to simple?
Old 26-11-2009, 07:38 PM
spinus
Part of the Furniture

i,ve lived in this country all my life, i,ve been to primary, secondary, college and uni. never once was i brainwashed . my daughter came home from a visit to a mosque with her school, she askes me why its makes her a bad person for eating on their fasting.i explained about different religions to her and inquired who said she was bad person. it turned out it was a muslim lad on the coach from her school.he said she was dissrespecting his religion.were not talking adults here, were talking ten year olds ,and she was eating her sandwich on the coach by the way. so when theyre being taught about other religions there minds are being expanded, when they,re being taught christianity in dare i say it a christian country they,re being brainwashed? have you ever been to yorkminster? i didn,t realise all our churches and cathedrals were such shit holes
Old 26-11-2009, 07:43 PM
dojj

history tends to be written by the winners of whatever battle was fought

and back in the day when you lot were still burning witches and all that soddom and gomorah and adam and eve and burnign bushes and whatnots, it was easy for the "church" to get you killed if you got in the way

even our lot,who have only been about for 600 years or so, still tend to simply agree on a lot of stuff even though there is no cast in stone dates, on the pure reasoning that they were marking the passage of time by the phases of the moon and things don't work out that well with out digital watches and decimal points way of modern thinking

doesn't mean to say that things don't happen, just means that the way they happened has been twisted over the course of time

did you know the shouud of turnin is more than likely an ancient picture?
Old 26-11-2009, 07:45 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Minirotty
yeh, that seems to of been what triggerd my initial rant lol

but the fact of me not wnting to pay it and being seen as a racist for it by one of the mothers.

Didn't want to start a debate on peoples personal racial views but it has done.

Got to ask though, question aimed at the scouser bill was it? being a racist...

is it like when I got bit by a Jack russle as a kid and now I fuckin hate them dog's.

Did a school boy shout at you as a young man and happen to be of a Pakistani back ground and now has led you to hate them all? or is that to simple?
probably an over reaction to some underlying previous racism she feels
Old 26-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Pardeep
So your kids will be as narrow minded as you then

Let me run this past you, if you had a HOT Indian babe (and i mean HOT like Bipasha Basu http://www.reviewsnext.com/wp-conten...ha-basul10.jpg) wanting you to fuck her brains out, you would do it right?

You wouldn't be thinking about her Colour/Religion then would you???
Just the pink bits....
Old 26-11-2009, 07:49 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

I think our churches and cathedrals are among the most beautiful buildings in the country. In the last month I've been round both Bath Abbey and Wells Cathedral with my kids.

My point, which maybe I didn't make clearly enough was that I'd be happy to have my children visit a mosque/temple, and that there's nothing to fear if you're a racist, because the school visit wouldn't involve being preached to. In your child's case it was a fellow pupil who told her the religious nonsense. The actual school trip wasn't at fault.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:52 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Religions are all founded on bullshit IMO. They're also the number 1 cause for conflict. The world would be a better place without religion...
oh, and I wouldn't knob that bird posted, I don't find her attractive tbh, and no, I'm not gay.
Old 26-11-2009, 07:59 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

religon, money and women are the reasons for all wars imo

so i think kids should go to places of worship to understand others veiws, but by no means are they fun or exciting.

i think if everyone would understand each others veiw, and that epople bekleive different things this world would be a better place.

its the arogance and PCness that annoys me about it all
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Slamz
Religions are all founded on bullshit IMO. They're also the number 1 cause for conflict. The world would be a better place without religion...
oh, and I wouldn't knob that bird posted, I don't find her attractive tbh, and no, I'm not gay.
Religion in itself isn't bad, many teach forgiveness, honesty and generally civilize people - the problem is extremists who take these teachings so literally that they justify their inhuman acts because it's 'gods way'.
spinus
Part of the Furniture

history tends to be written by the winners of whatever battle was fought

and back in the day when you lot were still burning witches and all that soddom and gomorah and adam and eve and burnign bushes and whatnots, it was easy for the "church" to get you killed if you got in the way

even our lot,who have only been about for 600 years or so, still tend to simply agree on a lot of stuff even though there is no cast in stone dates, on the pure reasoning that they were marking the passage of time by the phases of the moon and things don't work out that well with out digital watches and decimal points way of modern thinking

doesn't mean to say that things don't happen, just means that the way they happened has been twisted over the course of time

did you know the shouud of turnin is more than likely an ancient picture?
dojj, i,m not religious,never have been, but my nan rest her soul was convinced god was her best mate. her choice i respected that the same way i respect anyones religious views .but when someone singles out christianity as brainwashing morons i take offence, the same as if it was pointed at you.that brainwashed moron lost her brother in the first war fighting for this moronic christian country and her son in the second, oh well no loss they were only morons after all
Old 26-11-2009, 08:03 PM
spinus
Part of the Furniture

I think our churches and cathedrals are among the most beautiful buildings in the country. In the last month I've been round both Bath Abbey and Wells Cathedral with my kids.

My point, which maybe I didn't make clearly enough was that I'd be happy to have my children visit a mosque/temple, and that there's nothing to fear if you're a racist, because the school visit wouldn't involve being preached to. In your child's case it was a fellow pupil who told her the religious nonsense. The actual school trip wasn't at fault.
i was pointing out only one of the children was brainwashed and it wasn,t mine
Old 26-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

let ya kid go and let her make up her own mind about things.

nothing better than going into life eyes WIDE open

but £5... fuck that
Old 26-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamonds.

but £5... fuck that

fuckin liberty enit
Old 26-11-2009, 08:14 PM
dojj

dojj, i,m not religious,never have been, but my nan rest her soul was convinced god was her best mate. her choice i respected that the same way i respect anyones religious views .but when someone singles out christianity as brainwashing morons i take offence, the same as if it was pointed at you.that brainwashed moron lost her brother in the first war fighting for this moronic christian country and her son in the second, oh well no loss they were only morons after all
i have no issues with anyone doing whatever they want to do

as long as it doesn't stop me from doing what i want to do, within the law, and just don't want people preaching their views of their world upon me

that way we can all get along
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

At what point did I call your Nan a moron? And I'm really not sure what the war has to do with the discussion. I'm sure that her beliefs kept your Nan happy, but I'm not about to change my views because it offends your memory of her.

I think all religions are intrinsically stupid, not just christianity.
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamonds.
let ya kid go and let her make up her own mind about things.

nothing better than going into life eyes WIDE open

but £5... fuck that

lol
Old 26-11-2009, 08:18 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

i was pointing out only one of the children was brainwashed and it wasn,t mine
?? I know what you said, but it was said in response to me saying that they weren't being preached to when visiting a mosque. Your post suggested that you were disagreeing to what I wrote by telling a story contrary to mine.
Old 26-11-2009, 08:20 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

what annoys me the most is when some cunt knocks on my door (normally waking me up as its always on my fucking day off) and tries to preach their fucking beleifs to me. And they'll never take 'I'm not interested' as an answer! Get off my property.
Old 26-11-2009, 08:23 PM
dojj

what annoys me the most is when some cunt knocks on my door (normally waking me up as its always on my fucking day off) and tries to preach their fucking beleifs to me. And they'll never take 'I'm not interested' as an answer! Get off my property.
bu they are normally preaching jesus aren't they, seeing as this is a christian country
Old 26-11-2009, 08:24 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Just tell them you're a Satanist, and ask if they want to come in for a glass of warm blood. They won't come to your house again!
Old 26-11-2009, 08:43 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

bu they are normally preaching jesus aren't they, seeing as this is a christian country
so?
Doesn't mean I have to believe that shit.
Old 26-11-2009, 10:34 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but who anyway says we pray to a different God?
Old 26-11-2009, 10:37 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Why don,t you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Let her go on the trip and tell her she is going to see santa in his grotto.
Beardy man with a funny hat should get her in the christmas mood.
Old 27-11-2009, 06:22 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
Why don,t you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Let her go on the trip and tell her she is going to see santa in his grotto.
Beardy man with a funny hat should get her in the christmas mood.
she;s going to a sikh templ, nearly everyone there during the day is either going to be an old woman or a bloke with a beard and a funny "hat"

depending on how old she is, she'll think that santa's having a convention

another thing, is there any cahnce you can go with the trip? school are always on about being understafed for out of school trips etc, you never know, you may learn soemthing yourself
Old 27-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Cragrat
Just the pink bits....
MMMMMM sounds good.
Old 27-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Cossiemaster
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Let me run this past you, if you had a HOT Indian babe (and i mean HOT like Bipasha Basu http://www.reviewsnext.com/wp-conten...ha-basul10.jpg) wanting you to fuck her brains out, you would do it right?

I'd pack the kids off on there school trip and bang her brains out.
Old 27-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I sure fooking would, in the words of our friend Calvin,

I like them black girls
I like them white girls
I like them Asian girls
I like them mixed race girls
I like them Spanish girls
I like them Italian girls
I like the French girls
And I like Scandinavian girls
I like them tall girls
I like them short girls
I like them brown hair girls