General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is this racist? Is it b****x!

Search this Thread

Old 27-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orionmojo
Someone always shits themself and cries racist whenever another religion is mentioned how can not paying for a coach be linked to racism? is the driver a sikh?

p.s. Suicide bummers are pakistani, not sikh

not getting into the racist debate, but i'm sure i saw on a documentary a while back that it was iranians that "invented" suicide bombing when they were fighting iraq.
Old 27-11-2009, 09:04 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

so what abou tthe japanese pilots in ww2 then?
Old 27-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
so what abou tthe japanese pilots in ww2 then?

good point... the programme may have been referring to the idea of sttrapping a load of explosives to yourself and then walking/driving up to the enemy (or innocent people etc).. was a while ago so I cant' recall exactly.
Old 27-11-2009, 09:42 AM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Hockney
I believe that there was someone called Jesus but I also believe he was the worlds first cult leader Am I racist? lol
if we are all brothers in the eyes of god ,what made jesus so special.when you die ,you die i would send my kids ,would not pay for it they get the money of the goverment
Old 27-11-2009, 09:51 AM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

when i went into my "upper school" (we have 3 schools here- primary to year 6 then year 7, 8 and 9 at another then years 10, 11 and 6th form at another) i opted out of RS/RE for the simple reason our countries religions (christianity etc) were not being taught well. there was very LITTLE coverage of any english religions, all the focus seemed to be on other religions. i wanted to know about ALL religions INCLUDING our own but this was not covered.

my gfs daughter went to a mosque the other day (unsure if it was sikh/muslim?) and was made to cover her head with a scarf. i found this a bit iffy, i know its to do with respect etc but i dont see that duplicated in society with head dresses/burkas (and chavs in hats!) its respectfull to remove hats/head coverings when entering a building/house and feel that aspect a bit archaic (sp)

saying that when at school i enjoyed my trip to a mosque, (primary) was interesting to see all the decor and the little museum...and the food was lush
Old 27-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didnt think women/females were allowed in mosques anyway?
Old 27-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Twellsie
agree with you there mate, plus they always come round with that begging bowl the fucking church roof that needs replacing (i am right in thinking the church is one of the richest establishments in the world?)
Pisses me off that. I used to tell them to go away. If God created the world, he can get off his arse and repair the fucking roof. Someone needs to tell God that charity starts at home the Bastard. Church is a load of fucking crap, and I was dragged their religiously every Sunday for years and all I learnt was, that God is an imaginery friend for adults.

Benni.
Old 27-11-2009, 11:35 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_
so now you have learnt soemthing new

my son has been on a trip to a sikh gurdwara, a hindu mander and a muslim/islamic mosque in the past few weeks and i dind't need to spend a cent as they were all within walking distance, but there ain't a church within walking distance so if i were asked to spend some money i'd say fine, becuase at least he'll be able to come home and tel me about what he's seen, who he went with, how many of his friends understood what was going on

and not like the mrs who came home a few weeks back and told me about how the muslim kids went to school and asks the teachers why they needed to take part in the diwalli assembly ebause allah wuold be cross with them when they went before him, and these were little 6 year olds
Old 27-11-2009, 11:38 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

It's £5 you skabby cnut, the school has to pay for the coach somehow
Old 27-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

dont see what you moaning for £5 for a taxi there and back and free curry while your there seems like a steal to me!

i know i went to church for school trip once, i've had most of my exams in church halls when i was doing my degree at kingston, if anything i was happy to best place to be when you need answers from the man upstairs lol
Old 27-11-2009, 12:13 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

What i dont understand is how this is relevent to anything? when i was at school, back in the 80's i was never even able to go on a school trip that has no relevance to what i was learning, the fact sending children to a temple, is kinda strange, i only learnt about Adam and eve,

but then again i was a rather messed up child that really spent most of his life on my own due to my section of life.
Old 27-11-2009, 12:53 PM
orion88
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats discusting
it wudnt happen the other way round if it was my daughter id tell them where to go
Old 27-11-2009, 01:24 PM
morph
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If you want i will give you the £5.
You never know your son/daughter may learn something different?
Old 27-11-2009, 01:52 PM
dojj

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/index.s...&go.y=13&go=go

Old 27-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_

Im muslim, and muslim women/females are totally allowed in mosques

HTH
Old 27-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Heres one for the Fella's

Old 27-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by ballin
It's £5 you skabby cnut, the school has to pay for the coach somehow

Nice mouth fella, read it correct, was £5 that pissed me off because of the hundreds of pounds I have paid out this year already and the fact some one asumed I would be seen as a racist for not paying, ie. a rant.

The money schools cost these days you'd think they were private.
Old 27-11-2009, 04:08 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by scouse bill
I am racist would keep my kid off school in protest!!!! Thats whats wrong with this country
What's wrong with learning other cultures??

Kids should learn how other communities live in the UK, this way they can understand and respect each other.
Old 27-11-2009, 04:13 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
What's wrong with learning other cultures??

Kids should learn how other communities live in the UK, this way they can understand and respect each other.
sure but that should be a two way thing. wasnt there a previous post from a muslim or sikh that said they didnt attend when theyre trip visited a church?
is that a common reaction from sikhs?
Old 27-11-2009, 04:20 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
sure but that should be a two way thing.
Agreed, obviously for adults they will choose to learn what they want but the eduction system should teach all children various cultures.
Old 27-11-2009, 04:27 PM
gaz s1

My 6 year old was supposed to go visit a mosque on monday i said no as he has to wear something on his head as a mark of respect and my opinion as hes in his own country and never wears a hat so why should he just for this trip.

Girls cant wear skirts either, joke imo i wasnt the only one to pull their kids out either

Best thing is this trip was free as well i wonder why?

Awaiting the pc backlash but its my opinion that they should not have to dress differently on this trip than any other!!!

Would we make muslims dress any differently on any trip they go on?

Last edited by gaz s1; 27-11-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 27-11-2009, 04:41 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaz s1
My 6 year old was supposed to go visit a mosque on monday i said no as he has to wear something on his head as a mark of respect and my opinion is hes in his own country and never wears a hat so why should he just for this trip.
Girls cant wear skirts either, joke imo i wasnt the only one to pull their kids out either

Awaiting the pc backlash but its my opinion that they should not have to dress differently on this trip than any other!!!

Bang on mate. I find it rude when I have to serve someone and i can't see their face, it's almost like talking to someone with their back to you! They are allowed to dress in their religions clothes in this country, why should your child have to wear something to enter a mospue in a christian country!
Old 27-11-2009, 04:46 PM
gaz s1

Originally Posted by Slamz
Bang on mate. I find it rude when I have to serve someone and i can't see their face, it's almost like talking to someone with their back to you! They are allowed to dress in their religions clothes in this country, why should your child have to wear something to enter a mospue in a christian country!
I know what youre saying mate nothing worse than trying to talk to someone and you cant see there expressions because they have got their ninja outfit on
Old 27-11-2009, 04:48 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what youre saying mate nothing worse than trying to talk to someone and you cant see there expressions because they have got their ninja outfit on
yep, but we can't say anything or the PC-brigade will come get us!
Old 27-11-2009, 04:51 PM
gaz s1

yep, but we can't say anything or the PC-brigade will come get us!
Ninja style
Old 27-11-2009, 05:25 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by fuzzy
sure but that should be a two way thing. wasnt there a previous post from a muslim or sikh that said they didnt attend when theyre trip visited a church?
is that a common reaction from sikhs?
where is this quote?

My 6 year old was supposed to go visit a mosque on monday i said no as he has to wear something on his head as a mark of respect and my opinion as hes in his own country and never wears a hat so why should he just for this trip.

you cover your head as a mark of respect while you are on the mosque premises, skirts means that when you sit down and have to cross your legs, it isn't becoming of ladies to sit there with their bits on show, so you dress appropriatly
i'm sure that, given some notice, you would have been able to send her to school in some trousers if you wanted her to go?
there would have been some strips of cloth there to allow them to cover their heads so no problems there

as said above

we didn't know where to look when my mate had his wedding at the gurdwara, his dad's punjabi/sikh but his mums irish, and he was marrying a white girl, so the indians turned up all dressed appropriatly, but the "heathens" arrived in mini skirts and what nots and were very uncomfortable having to sit on their feet for the next 90 minutes or show bits of twat to the rest of us who were at the place

and what was funnier than that was his mate dishing out bits of paper to explain different parts of the ceremony ot me and my wife and brother and folks insisting that we do things the way they were supposed to be done, it was like being given directions around your own house

thng is, it doens't take a lot to conform to others requests if you know you are going to visit some place, weather you do or not is entrily up to you

as i said before, not letting your kids go on a trip like this just makes them miss ut on what their mates would experience and then they only have your word for what they should or shouldn't do with their choices later in life
Old 27-11-2009, 05:37 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by scouse bill
I am racist would keep my kid off school in protest!!!! Thats whats wrong with this country
i am racist i am allowed freedom of speech,and dont mind being called narrow minded,england for the english not everyone who wants the scronge off us BNP FOREVER
Old 27-11-2009, 05:45 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Pardeep
Heres one for the Fella's

just seen her on the telly mate, she's a bit of an old dragon
Old 27-11-2009, 05:46 PM
gaz s1

I would have acted exactly the same if he was made to wear something different in a christian church, why should he for some bullshit religion, its all bollox!!!!

Its still a free country at the mo and i deem whats right for my kids and i wasnt happy so said no.

i suppose that makes me racist in some peoples eyes, but hey ho i can still sleep at night with the thought of no religious crap about what you can or cannot wear to keep some stupid religion happy going round in my kids heads.

There is a lot more important things they can learn about apart from religious bullshit and hopefully they will grow up knowing this
Old 27-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by dojj
just seen her on the telly mate, she's a bit of an old dragon
Who cares? she's still a looker for a 30 year old

You telling me you wouldn't?
Old 28-11-2009, 10:45 AM
dojj

I would have acted exactly the same if he was made to wear something different in a christian church, why should he for some bullshit religion, its all bollox!!!!

Its still a free country at the mo and i deem whats right for my kids and i wasnt happy so said no.

i suppose that makes me racist in some peoples eyes, but hey ho i can still sleep at night with the thought of no religious crap about what you can or cannot wear to keep some stupid religion happy going round in my kids heads.

There is a lot more important things they can learn about apart from religious bullshit and hopefully they will grow up knowing this
forgive me for stating the obvious here, but what sort of special get up to you need to go to church on a trip then? i'd love to know the do's and don'ts of what to wear so that i wouldn't offend the churchy types, so please feel free to explain

Originally Posted by Pardeep
Who cares? she's still a looker for a 30 year old

You telling me you wouldn't?
yes she's got a bod on her, but unlike you, i'm married and my mrs looks at pf over my shoulder, so it's ok for young free and single types to say "oh yes, i'd bang her like a barn door in a hurricane" or "i'd shag her till i ran out of bodily fluids" but not me
Old 28-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Minirotty
I'm not the best at spelling in the world fella, but wont jump on the dyslexic bandwagon as other seem to with the PC crap.

fair play

too many others cry dyslexia imo!
Old 28-11-2009, 04:33 PM
spinus
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
At what point did I call your Nan a moron? And I'm really not sure what the war has to do with the discussion. I'm sure that her beliefs kept your Nan happy, but I'm not about to change my views because it offends your memory of her.

I think all religions are intrinsically stupid, not just christianity.
this is getting monotonous but i,ll give it a go. you called it and i quote you ,moronic christian service, my mother and nan was that service, that was their life and for you to call such in such an offhanded way, is disrespectful and offensive. and i mention the war beacuse when they went over the top fighting for this christian country it was for god king and country in that order.
Old 28-11-2009, 04:44 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Religion in itself isn't bad, many teach forgiveness, honesty and generally civilize people - the problem is extremists who take these teachings so literally that they justify their inhuman acts because it's 'gods way'.
The problem is not nesecarilly extremisits it is lack of education in some developing conutrys, this allows people to take as gospel the teachings of these religious clerics and the likes, this creates extremists, solving the underlying issue is the issue,

We should respect our past, l think though that the Vatican and Catholosisum (sp) is very bad and resposnible for alot of carnage through history

Mike
Old 28-11-2009, 05:49 PM
spinus
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by MikeR
The problem is not nesecarilly extremisits it is lack of education in some developing conutrys, this allows people to take as gospel the teachings of these religious clerics and the likes, this creates extremists, solving the underlying issue is the issue,

We should respect our past, l think though that the Vatican and Catholosisum (sp) is very bad and resposnible for alot of carnage through history

Mike
totally agree, religion is just a way of controlling the masses by the few, all religions, exept bhuddism has barbarism marbled through it christianity has its fair share of bloodletting , the moores as they swept through europe killing all infidels, when they got to a church they,d build a mosque inside it. lets not even go over asia, but as your last line says respect our past,it was a different world then.