General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fcuking Horses

Search this Thread

Old 30-11-2009, 07:49 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowsierra
Well she DID say that she HAD insurance but was not forthcoming with the details on the grounds that "It was not her fault"

Our Insurance so far has been spot on and very very fast in first getting our car sorted and now are on to the soppy tart.

They constantly call us with updates and its allways been English or should i say British staff

So far i am very impressed with them and how they are dealing with everything. Its in the event of a claim that you realy find out how good your Insurance is
you'll have to tell us how things turn out in the end and then, if they are as good as you say, the name of the insurance company mate
Old 30-11-2009, 07:57 AM
t4 and greys
cosworth gimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally i would have been well pissed

but i know for a fact i would have pulled the four legged beasty to one side and had a strong word or two , starting with the mention of GLUE

would also have had a word with the idiot of a horse also mate
Old 30-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oranoco
If you're riding down lanes you should expect these hazzards as they are part and parcel of the countryside. Expecting horse shit in the middle of an A road no. But on a B or C road, perfectly possible and you should be riding (as you should be driving) to the conditions and in anticipation of the hazzards. Horse shit also doesn't contain the harmfull crap that dog and cat shit does so before hassling the horse riders maybe go after the cat owners who let their moggy's shit on your gravel driveway.
If a horse has shat all over a bend on a country road a biker would end up falling off even at 10mph if he hit the shit, so how do you propose a motorbiker should "ride to the conditions".
Old 30-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Really? I've hit horse poo doing 30mph on a push bike and managed to not fall off.

It's the countryside, you should expect the hazzards associated with it. A horse isn't likely to dump the full width of the carriageway and if the biker is riding in a normal fashion they should be able to spot the hazzard and adjust accordingly. The fact they have hit the poo and then binned it would strongly point to them riding inappropriately for the that environment.

Maybe I have more sympathy as I've grown up in the countryside.

But hey there are idiots on all sides be they on a horse, a bike, on foot or in a car. I've seen stupidity by all in my time
Old 30-11-2009, 12:11 PM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

i ride motorbikes (cuurrently on a 900 honda hornet) and also live in the countryside.

with the added weight of the bike pluss the pressure its using ion the ground to maintain grip horse "poo", mud or any foreign object (even drains) are a hazard, iv had a couple of near misses, and although it would be deemed as my fault coming round a tight corner at even 30mph and hitting mud/poo is enough to loose the front/rear/both wheels and it gives no time to correct it at even that speed.a car has 4 wheels to grip with and is already balanced, the bike has 2 and requires them to be gripping to stay upright.

depending on the consistancy (disgusting i know) it can be like hitting a patch of black ice...but in summer your not really expecting a patch of black ice in the middle of the road. diesel, oil and damp drains are enough to be looking out for as it is!
Old 30-11-2009, 12:27 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW there are quite a few idiotic replies on this thread, ok i guess the bigger the circus- the more clowns you'll see.

IMO i believe that anyone using the roads should pay insurance,even if its only a small amount.
Horses for coarses one might say.
Old 30-11-2009, 12:45 PM
TWoods
Regular Contributor

Its the bloody riding schools fault they are all so uptight pig headed and me me me they dont train kids properly most have no clue on road safety just bothered about how they look and money and screw everything and everyone else as they are somehow superior! Must say used to ride alot 20 year ago and it is all down to the rider and horses are as guilty as driving a car on the road without mot somethings bound to go wrong but with proper training risks are minimised and these riding schools do NOT do that.
Old 30-11-2009, 12:55 PM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

get a hand held air horn ,hide behind a tree, wait until you see the bitch and away she goe's
Old 30-11-2009, 01:00 PM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by TWoods
Its the bloody riding schools fault they are all so uptight pig headed and me me me they dont train kids properly most have no clue on road safety just bothered about how they look and money and screw everything and everyone else as they are somehow superior! Must say used to ride alot 20 year ago and it is all down to the rider and horses are as guilty as driving a car on the road without mot somethings bound to go wrong but with proper training risks are minimised and these riding schools do NOT do that.

i used to ride when i was younger 11-14 i think i was) and the people who taught me were very good, always single file, always give way and thanked drivers, minimal time on the road if we could help it and always gave way. it just seems there are more bad riders than good tho

there should be a test for riding on the road.
Old 30-11-2009, 01:23 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Really? I've hit horse poo doing 30mph on a push bike and managed to not fall off.
You can't seriously be trying to compare a push bike to a motorbike?
and 30mph? what bike were you on and how did you know you were doing 30...
Old 30-11-2009, 01:26 PM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Slamz
You can't seriously be trying to compare a push bike to a motorbike?
and 30mph? what bike were you on and how did you know you were doing 30...
and can i add was that on a corner requireing the bike to lean a bit or in a straight line?
Old 30-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It's the countryside, you should expect the hazzards associated with it. A horse isn't likely to dump the full width of the carriageway and if the biker is riding in a normal fashion they should be able to spot the hazzard and adjust accordingly. The fact they have hit the poo and then binned it would strongly point to them riding inappropriately for the that environment.

Maybe I have more sympathy as I've grown up in the countryside.

But hey there are idiots on all sides be they on a horse, a bike, on foot or in a car. I've seen stupidity by all in my time

You have a stereotypical view of bikers fall of cause they ride like cocks. Fact is if your leaned over and hit something slippy you fall off, you cant swerve or change direction fast on a bike like you can in a car so my point is

your on a country road going round a bend at 50mph leaned over the right amount to get round the bend in a normal fashion then you see a big pile f horse shite on the road, what do you do? seriously tell me what you expect the biker to do to prevent him and possibly others being seriously injured?
Old 30-11-2009, 02:06 PM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
You have a stereotypical view of bikers fall of cause they ride like cocks. Fact is if your leaned over and hit something slippy you fall off, you cant swerve or change direction fast on a bike like you can in a car so my point is

your on a country road going round a bend at 50mph leaned over the right amount to get round the bend in a normal fashion then you see a big pile f horse shite on the road, what do you do? seriously tell me what you expect the biker to do to prevent him and possibly others being seriously injured?

your fighting a loosing battle mate, as the response you get is "your not riding to the conditions of the road"

what conditions? its not like a big blackbird has took a dump on the road, its an animal controlled by humans! a dog crap is enough to chuck you off, let alone the ben nevis's of craps plonked in the middle of the road!
Old 30-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by kniterider
your fighting a loosing battle mate, as the response you get is "your not riding to the conditions of the road"

what conditions? its not like a big blackbird has took a dump on the road, its an animal controlled by humans! a dog crap is enough to chuck you off, let alone the ben nevis's of craps plonked in the middle of the road!
Thats my point, what conditions? you cant ride a bike expecting the worse for every inch of the road as you would be doing 5mph everywhere.

I haven't really got a problem with horses its the pompus arrogant snotty nose toffs that ride them thats the problem. I ALLWAYS slow down and dip the clutch when i come across horses but do they pick up the potential killer lump of horse shite up for me, do they fuck
Old 30-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Fuck me I'm not trying to start World War 3 here just trying to sound the other side of the arguement. If you are in the country you have to expect the hazzards of the country and that does mean amongst other things horse shit. It's not rocket science.

And no I'm not trying to compare a bike to a push bike. Simply drawing reference that on two wheels I've managed to hit horse shit at similar speed and not come off. I know I was doing about 30 as I had spent some time setting up the trip computer as it was my training road bike for when I used to race mountain bikes.

And when you're rounding the bend at 50mph what happens if you come across the horse itself or another hazzard?

Last edited by Oranoco; 30-11-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 30-11-2009, 07:44 PM
yellowsierra

Originally Posted by dojj
you'll have to tell us how things turn out in the end and then, if they are as good as you say, the name of the insurance company mate
Oh dude i will as i think they will be a few on here that would be interested if all is good and well in the end

That is why i have NOT listed who the Insurance co. is yet because its not over yet but so far so good
Old 30-11-2009, 08:10 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

I know I was doing about 30 as I had spent some time setting up the trip computer as it was my training road bike for when I used to race mountain bikes.
And Iive hit rock gardens at god knows what speed, and not come off. but a motorbiker would have...

And when you're rounding the bend at 50mph what happens if you come across the horse itself or another hazzard?
Thats totally different! horses are slightly easier to see than some shit in the road! unless you ride looking straight down all the time? in which you're a hazard to yourself/everyone anyway.
Old 30-11-2009, 08:15 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Fuck me I'm not trying to start World War 3 here just trying to sound the other side of the arguement. If you are in the country you have to expect the hazzards of the country and that does mean amongst other things horse shit. It's not rocket science.

And no I'm not trying to compare a bike to a push bike. Simply drawing reference that on two wheels I've managed to hit horse shit at similar speed and not come off. I know I was doing about 30 as I had spent some time setting up the trip computer as it was my training road bike for when I used to race mountain bikes.

you've got to look out for those pesky hazzards
Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
yellowsierra

Wee update for you
Got a call from Insurance to update us on whats going on
Anyway, They say they have been trying to contact said tart and guess what, yep, she is not responding to there calls,letters etc so they have told us to NOT speak to her IF she should contact us as the Claim have moved up a notch.
What is going to be hapening next is that they are going to be sending someone round to collect £1640.
She will be then told that if she does not pay up then they intend to take her to Court to recover the money
Just imagine said Tart getting her Horse siezed by Dept collectors
Would make our Christmas
Oh and while i was out and about today, i popped into the Bodyshop thats doing the repairs and got a couple of pics of the work
As you can see its coming along quite nicely. New doors all painted and the side of the car has been sorted.
Just needs to be put back together and polished up and valeted

Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Good news mate, glad it's getting sorted for you
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
CoupeUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Ive read this thread from start to finish and have laughed my arse off!

Glad to hear you were ok and that the Micra'smwell on its way to getting sorted.....may I suggest you but a cheap banger, stick some knobblies off and make the most of the bridalways?

Paul
Old 03-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
Compared to dogs, cats, pigs, elephants, birds, monkeys/gorrillas etc, dolphins, whales. All learn faster than horses. They are pretty low down the list of animal itelligence. (none of the above are fussed by cars either lol)

Like with the horse riders in the pictures, no hi-viz etc. Always thinking they are above everyone else because "horses where on the roads first blah blah". Its called evolution and who are horse riders to stop it. You dont get old railway nutters on hand carts blocking up main lines, or people in biplanes complaining that airbus' are too noisey and fly to fast.
very well said mate....and amazing come-back aswell
Old 03-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by yellowsierra
Raging!!!!!, i'm laughing mate as the soppy tart clearly does not know what she has coming
go round her house and kick her rite in the pie
Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 AM
adamround247
Virgin

Oh dear

she may have insurance its down to the owner and no legal oblication to say that she has to have it

She should not be riding two abrest down the road it is a direct breach of the highway code section 53 but in regards to high vis they are recommended but only a legal requirement when it is dark

also she as the person in control of the animal is under section 2 of the high way code which she has failed to do

sadly though in the reality of things you could file a case against her in a small claims court which means you would need to apoint solicitors and she will say a completly diffrentversion of events and as the other rider and you partner are not regarded as independent it will go on for ages just to be settled 50/50 and all your costs will come to more than the money you will get back the system sucks i know but your best bet would have been to call the police say some one there is in shock they will send some one out file a police report hold the rider at fault then you could make a full recovery from your insurance company who would in a term sue the rider for the losses
Old 01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by adamround247
Oh dear

she may have insurance its down to the owner and no legal oblication to say that she has to have it

She should not be riding two abrest down the road it is a direct breach of the highway code section 53 but in regards to high vis they are recommended but only a legal requirement when it is dark

also she as the person in control of the animal is under section 2 of the high way code which she has failed to do

sadly though in the reality of things you could file a case against her in a small claims court which means you would need to apoint solicitors and she will say a completly diffrentversion of events and as the other rider and you partner are not regarded as independent it will go on for ages just to be settled 50/50 and all your costs will come to more than the money you will get back the system sucks i know but your best bet would have been to call the police say some one there is in shock they will send some one out file a police report hold the rider at fault then you could make a full recovery from your insurance company who would in a term sue the rider for the losses

You don't need a solicitor for small claims, in fact the entire process is very informal and aimed at avoiding complicated drawn out cases which do require the involvement of a solicitor.

Civil litigation is all about the weight / probability of evidence so the people who witnessed the incident will be heard and certainly considered.

Considering this women's evasive and uncooperative behaviour after the incident, I'd say the OP has a very good chance of a successful judgment being made against the horse rider.

Costs = £150 to £200 which will be added to the total owed upon successful judgment and around six months timeframe. Small claims court is without doubt the course of action I'd take if I were in the OP's position.

Also, just the clarify section 53 of the Highway Code does NOT state riders should not be two abreast. It simply states single file on narrow or busy rounds and around corners. Fortunately the OP has photos showing the road to be, at least subjectively, narrow