General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

eBay seller rant #864

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009 | 12:25 AM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

Default eBay seller rant #864

I'm still trying to figure this one out. I won the auction for 4 saff wheel center caps. A whopping £4. Shipping is another £7.89. But the buyer says he won't post to Canada.

I've got verified paypal status. %100 feedback from 8 million years ago. I'm willing to pay the post. All he has to do at the royal mail counter is fill out a line item on an export form that says what is in the packet and the value.

Americans used to do this and I find it a disturbing new trend trying to get stuff out of the UK. Why the resistance to write down "car parts" and "£4" on a form?

Or is this a case of seller pull out wanting to sell the item for more elsewhere? Even with larger items that cost substantially more I've run into this. Then other sellers are totally fine with export.

What am I missing about someone who only wants to sell to the UK? You are limiting the market and the price at which you can sell your item. Enlighten me please.
Old 05-11-2009 | 12:31 AM
focusrrx87
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by pacwest
I'm still trying to figure this one out. I won the auction for 4 saff wheel center caps. A whopping £4. Shipping is another £7.89. But the buyer says he won't post to Canada.

I've got verified paypal status. %100 feedback from 8 million years ago. I'm willing to pay the post. All he has to do at the royal mail counter is fill out a line item on an export form that says what is in the packet and the value.

Americans used to do this and I find it a disturbing new trend trying to get stuff out of the UK. Why the resistance to write down "car parts" and "£4" on a form?

Or is this a case of seller pull out wanting to sell the item for more elsewhere? Even with larger items that cost substantially more I've run into this. Then other sellers are totally fine with export.

What am I missing about someone who only wants to sell to the UK? You are limiting the market and the price at which you can sell your item. Enlighten me please.
iv just sent st170 cylinder head and cams to the netherlands after saying cash on collection only, the dude emailed me asking if i would post there so i went on dhl website filled out a form and they will come amd collect it from me then post to him, think u must won them off a bellend. lol
Old 05-11-2009 | 12:35 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

did you ask him if he would send them to you
Old 05-11-2009 | 12:35 AM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The only problem that I can see is that if the parts going missing, the seller is 100% going to lose out. International items can't be tracked online to their destination ... only "This item has been passed to an overseas postal service for delivery"

No online tracking = failure to comply with Paypal terms and conditions and any complaint from a buyer being successful.

Personally I dont really have any problem with sending most items overseas but I wouldn't risk it with an expensive item.
Old 05-11-2009 | 12:42 AM
focusrrx87
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Isaac.Hunt
The only problem that I can see is that if the parts going missing, the seller is 100% going to lose out. International items can't be tracked online to their destination ... only "This item has been passed to an overseas postal service for delivery"

No online tracking = failure to comply with Paypal terms and conditions and any complaint from a buyer being successful.

Personally I dont really have any problem with sending most items overseas but I wouldn't risk it with an expensive item.
use DHL tracked door to door only cost 22.95 to send the head and cams to holland
Old 05-11-2009 | 12:54 AM
pacwest
Puller of the Wrench

Originally Posted by Isaac.Hunt
I wouldn't risk it with an expensive item.
£4 center caps?
Old 05-11-2009 | 03:18 AM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

i dont understand either, i shipped loads of stuff all round the world, starter motor to russia for a cossie, my full rouse kits and cossie bumpers to belguim, and my escos splitter went to italy but that was apain due to length

just even shipped sum roll bar bushes to france today
Old 05-11-2009 | 06:20 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED

you reading e bays rules recently!
i wouldnt send f--all overseas ever again since there rules changed
paypal snatchbacks/fee holding etc etc----------best thing to do on e bay is to buy buy and buy-then rob everyone using e bays/paypals rules -its piss easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E BAY HAS MADE IT SO!-
EG BUY A HEAD-HAVE IT DELIVERED THEN COMPLAIN ITS CRACKED! THEN SEND YOUR SHIT ONE TO THE SELLER THEN CLAIM YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT BACK-SEE HOW EASY IT IS- YOU END UP WITH HIS SHIT HEAD AND ALL POSTAGE COSTS AND HE GETS THE GOOD HEAD FOR F---ALL HE-HE I DONT F----ING THINK.-I ADMIT IT WONT HAPPEN IN ALL CASES BUT YOUR NOT ALL CASES ARE YOU ?????????
NOTE --HAVE A LOOK AT A SITE CALLED (((I HATE EBAY .COM)-REALLY ENLIGHTENING

Last edited by rubinsbin; 05-11-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2009 | 09:12 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Did you ask before the auction ended if he would post overseas? Cos if he didn't state on the auction that he would then its up to him what he does. I have people asking me to send abroad all the time, even though it clearly says I won't on the auction. The fact is its more hassle, he has to go find out the postage cost or mess about weighing it etc. Then if it goes missing its way more hassle to sort, and you will be wanting your money back. Looki at it from the other point of view, you didn't bother to find out if he would send to Canade before auction end and now just expect him to sort if for you, for £4! You are the joker imho.
Old 05-11-2009 | 09:42 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

It's more risky to post overseas, as stuff more commonly goes missing for some reason. I generally don't like to post overseas as I've had stuff go 'walkies' before.
Old 05-11-2009 | 09:46 AM
RS1HEN
PassionFord Post Troll

ask the seller to put "gift" on the declaration form, and send it royal mail signed for international.

italy is where you don't wont to send stuff....no no no no no
Old 05-11-2009 | 09:49 AM
Zetecfiesta
PassionFord Post Whore!!

send it to someone uk based and get them to foward it on to you?!