General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Gran Tourismo 5 - Prologue!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BM08
Just watched this on youtube, real vs PS3 split screen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGqZE...eature=related

If you squint you cant tell the difference

You are joking right?

Its good but you can clearly tell the difference.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh and PMSL at someone starting up a Gran Turismo thread because they are sick and tired of seeing the Forza one. To be honest I should have seen it coming.

Enjoy waiting. When are the next gen consoles out............
Old 03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Turner RS
You are joking right?

Forgive him, he's watching the video on his N95 (8gig) so the picture quality isn't very good
Old 03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turner RS
You are joking right?

he said squinting i haven't tried it but im sure hes right it looks amazing and thats the older version
Old 03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by skeg
Oh and PMSL at someone starting up a Gran Turismo thread because they are sick and tired of seeing the Forza one. To be honest I should have seen it coming.

Enjoy waiting. When are the next gen consoles out............

best bit is the waiting will be worth it, not like when i wait for the sheffield derby
Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the graphics on GT might look very pretty and all but as a driving simulator Forza is in a league of its own compared to GT,all the top players in the world dont all play forza for no reason.Some guys i raced with are earning big money at tournaments all said GT was too arcadey and shit lol.GT as a game is easy and the shit you can get away with in GT is hysterical but you try doing that in Forza.

Last edited by aduz; 03-11-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:25 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by aduz
the graphics on GT might look very pretty and all but as a driving simulator Forza is in a league of its own compared to GT,all the top players in the world dont all play forza for no reason.Some guys i raced with are earning big money at tournaments all said GT was too arcadey and shit lol.GT as a game is easy and the shit you can get away with in GT is hysterical but you try doing that in Forza.

please explain to me how you know how GT is going to play as its a new system there using and nothing like previous versions
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Squinting girls, do you know what that is.

Of course you can see the difference from looking normally
Old 03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Originally Posted by skeg
Graphics its a fine argument and pointless because BOTH games look realistic but game play isn't even up for debate I'm afraid. I'd be surprised if GT5 has better game play than Forza 2 never mind 3, because every other Gran Turismo didn't.
What a stupid thing to say....As the Last GT game that came out was GT4 & that came out on the PS2.....Dick!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aduz
all the top players in the world dont all play forza for no reason.
Top forza players yes, they cant play GT, it isnt out yet

Last edited by Fiddy; 03-11-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

It will be the same situation with Forza and GT games, as it was with the 360 V PS3 consoles, the 360 came out first, everyone was ranting and raving, then the PS3 was released, and people realised that just because something comes out first, it doesnt mean its better, its just better because there isnt an alternative.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:26 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gran Turismo is arcadey... what a laugh, I would agree if you're comparing it to driving a car for real, however if you are comparing it to Forza, it is ridiculous to say that Gran Turismo is more arcadey.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Munch
What a stupid thing to say....As the Last GT game that came out was GT4 & that came out on the PS2.....Dick!

mate your fighting a losing battle they dont get that this game has been started from scratch and is for a totally different machine
Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

You guys are fucking brainwashed Sony boys, seriously.

FM3 vs GT5 graphics are both an open table.
First of all, all the movies clips are CGi, so there graphics are mis-interprative of GT5's, as GT5 will not look as crisp as that. Same goes for the screenshots. GT5:P had nice reflections and lighting, but there was NO Anti-Aliasing, and the enviroments are very bland (look at the mountain track. People are perfectly upright at 45 degree angles at some parts FFS!). If you guys really think there going to overhaul the whole graphics engine and STILL get a realese date this side of 2010, then your all a bunch of delirious mongols. As for FM3. Theres 4-8xAA (depending on the situation) so the edges are pretty much always smooth, and theres constant 60FPS gameplay which means everything is always smooth as glass. Blur is fecking awesome too. This is not to say FM3 does not have it's faults. Shadows can sometimes flicker (although this has not happened to me yet, but i have heard people complaining about it) and the HDR can be a little extreme sometimes, but it's dealable.

As for sounds, it's again no competition for FM3. Cars sound alot better "out the box" then in FM2, and cars like V8's now have a real nice burbly idle when you "cam" them, which is cool. GT5:P is typical Polyphony shite. Compare the Audi R8 in GT5:P to the one in FM3. GT's one sounds like a washing machine at full load. The tyre squeal in GT is hilarious too. It's the same one as GT4.

Physics? Well, no competition for FM3 there. Granted, FM3's physics engine is not perfect (the rollovers can sometimes be abit....odd) and the cars act abit unrealistically when doing jumps, but when racing, there great. The way the cars take corners with the back end squirming around is awesome, and the slow speed corner physics are much better then in FM2. Tyre flex is cool to watch too, and does feel nice when using the Fanatec 911 wheel. Cars felt weird in GT5:P. Oversteer was pretty much non existent, and when it did happen, the slide happened veeerrry slooowwwlly and was very easy to catch. Understeer is shite in GT, as the cars just refuse to gain grip again even if you back off the power completely and reduce your steering angle. As above for the sound and graphics parts, if you think the physics are going to be completely overhauled for when GT5 comes out, then you better get ready for it to be delayed another year or two.

GT5P had some nice menus, and FM3 has nice menus too, but who really gives a fuck about that?

So, there's my explanation why GT5 will NEVER beat FM3 in things which REALLY matter, like physics and sounds.

Go suck it you PS3 bastards.

Last edited by Frenchy0204; 03-11-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:27 PM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 137 Likes on 118 Posts

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Frenchy0204 - Sound like you need to get out more
Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Fuck me frenchy...how much Xbox cock do you suck....nearly as bad as Skeg
Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

GT ISNT OUT YET !

your comparing a fully finished game, to what is no more than an early sneak peak of GT which was prologue, and the full game will no doubt have improvements as prolouge has been around forever. WHEN the full game is released, then you can fully compare them, untill then, you can just keep basing these FACTS on your opinion.

Watch out for that red ring of death, because when it happens, and it will, you'll have forza, but you wont be playing it
Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Fuck me frenchy...how much Xbox cock do you suck....nearly as bad as Skeg
Not possible, when it comes to skegs passions, man utd, 360 etc, you cant tell him nothing, he knows what he knows, your wrong, he's rite, what he likes is the best, full stop, point blank, period.

That said, ive enjoyed going back and forth with him for years on said subjects, he's like dojj was in the legendary chris benoit thread, he keeps going regardless, keeps fighting his corner, and in a way, you got to respect it.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

All the people whinging about the physics on GT, has anyone actually played it on professional mode yet?

If not, shut ya face, go and do 10 laps in the pro mode with all the TC, ASM and ABS off and tell me the physics aint good
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

Just trying to educate you fools. Thats all.

Originally Posted by Fiddy
GT ISNT OUT YET !

your comparing a fully finished game, to what is no more than an early sneak peak of GT which was prologue, and the full game will no doubt have improvements as prolouge has been around forever. WHEN the full game is released, then you can fully compare them, untill then, you can just keep basing these FACTS on your opinion.

Watch out for that red ring of death, because when it happens, and it will, you'll have forza, but you wont be playing it

Oh please. Ok, GT5:P is not a full game and GT5 will have improvements over Prologue, but it has already took them this long to get damage on just a few cars. Do you really think they will be able to get a realese date this side of 2010 after overhauling all the sounds and physics for all 700+ cars? Polyphony and the GT series have always had poor physics and sounds, hence why i am doubtful it's going to any good in GT5 full.

And get off your high horse about RROD. My first elite got RROD after a year, so i sent it back with it's warranty, and got an extended 4 year warranty and had to wait just FOUR DAYS to get my console back. IMO, i would happily have the console break every year if it means i get a 4 year warranty! Besides, my replacement is a new chip and i've had it for over a year now with no problems.

Much better then when my PS3 got the so called "blue light of death" after just 16 months, and Sony told me to pay to get a replacement. Hence why the PS3 made a fast exit out my kitchen window.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:56 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Frenchy0204
You guys are fucking brainwashed Sony boys, seriously.

FM3 vs GT5 graphics are both an open table.
First of all, all the movies clips are CGi, so there graphics are mis-interprative of GT5's, as GT5 will not look as crisp as that. Same goes for the screenshots. GT5:P had nice reflections and lighting, but there was NO Anti-Aliasing, and the enviroments are very bland (look at the mountain track. People are perfectly upright at 45 degree angles at some parts FFS!). If you guys really think there going to overhaul the whole graphics engine and STILL get a realese date this side of 2010, then your all a bunch of delirious mongols. As for FM3. Theres 4-8xAA (depending on the situation) so the edges are pretty much always smooth, and theres constant 60FPS gameplay which means everything is always smooth as glass. Blur is fecking awesome too. This is not to say FM3 does not have it's faults. Shadows can sometimes flicker (although this has not happened to me yet, but i have heard people complaining about it) and the HDR can be a little extreme sometimes, but it's dealable.

As for sounds, it's again no competition for FM3. Cars sound alot better "out the box" then in FM2, and cars like V8's now have a real nice burbly idle when you "cam" them, which is cool. GT5:P is typical Polyphony shite. Compare the Audi R8 in GT5:P to the one in FM3. GT's one sounds like a washing machine at full load. The tyre squeal in GT is hilarious too. It's the same one as GT4.

Physics? Well, no competition for FM3 there. Granted, FM3's physics engine is not perfect (the rollovers can sometimes be abit....odd) and the cars act abit unrealistically when doing jumps, but when racing, there great. The way the cars take corners with the back end squirming around is awesome, and the slow speed corner physics are much better then in FM2. Tyre flex is cool to watch too, and does feel nice when using the Fanatec 911 wheel. Cars felt weird in GT5:P. Oversteer was pretty much non existent, and when it did happen, the slide happened veeerrry slooowwwlly and was very easy to catch. Understeer is shite in GT, as the cars just refuse to gain grip again even if you back off the power completely and reduce your steering angle. As above for the sound and graphics parts, if you think the physics are going to be completely overhauled for when GT5 comes out, then you better get ready for it to be delayed another year or two.

GT5P had some nice menus, and FM3 has nice menus too, but who really gives a fuck about that?

So, there's my explanation why GT5 will NEVER beat FM3 in things which REALLY matter, like physics and sounds.

Go suck it you PS3 bastards.

dude your awesome post has one major flaw, your posting as if you have seen/played GT5 when you haven't so why are you trying to tell us FM3 is better at this and that when you have no idea

wether there in game or not you show me any screenshots that match up to the standard of the new GT5 ones

"If you guys really think there going to overhaul the whole graphics engine and STILL get a realese date this side of 2010"

you do realise they started this 5 years ago? not something they decided this year, it might not make the march 2010 date like they said but its ever so close now and well worth waiting for from what ive seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFfeJYyYFNk < fast forward to 3 mins hope this helps you udnerstand

finally you talk about 60fps etc etc im sat here with 100fps on any game on my pc and running at 120hz with my monitor so i know all about smoothness
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Just trying to educate you fools. Thats all.

Oh please. Ok, GT5:P is not a full game and GT5 will have improvements over Prologue, but it has already took them this long to get damage on just a few cars. Do you really think they will be able to get a realese date this side of 2010 after overhauling all the sounds and physics for all 700+ cars? Polyphony and the GT series have always had poor physics and sounds, hence why i am doubtful it's going to any good in GT5 full.

And get off your high horse about RROD. My first elite got RROD after a year, so i sent it back with it's warranty, and got an extended 4 year warranty and had to wait just FOUR DAYS to get my console back. IMO, i would happily have the console break every year if it means i get a 4 year warranty! Besides, my replacement is a new chip and i've had it for over a year now with no problems.

Much better then when my PS3 got the so called "blue light of death" after just 16 months, and Sony told me to pay to get a replacement. Hence why the PS3 made a fast exit out my kitchen window.
how many times its a totally different game all together stop thinking there even similar
Old 03-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

This great console you seem to love, i bought one on release day, had 7 in just over a year, got severely pissed off, and pre ordered a PS3, which i also got on release day, and ive still got now, it gets hammered, always has, and never missed a beat. i never slag off 360's off as a console, i loved the 7 i had as far as them being a console, if it wasnt for there horrendous reliablitly issues, id still have one, but i dont, i have an ultra reliable PS3, that as a console, is as good, if not better

Watch out for that red ring
Old 03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

The first picture is nothing special. Texture on the grass is blurry, and the lighting is pretty bland. The backdrop is bloody terrible though. Only thing good about that pic is the car!

As for the second picture, it's quite obvious it's either CGi or heavily fettled. Polyphony have already stated that there pictures are edited and there movies are CGi, so why post them? The one of the evo seems like a standard photo, but like i said, nothing special.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

The first picture is nothing special. Texture on the grass is blurry, and the lighting is pretty bland. The backdrop is bloody terrible though. Only thing good about that pic is the car!

As for the second picture, it's quite obvious it's either CGi or heavily fettled. Polyphony have already stated that there pictures are edited and there movies are CGi, so why post them? The one of the evo seems like a standard photo, but like i said, nothing special.

and the rest of the post or did you miss it?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Willy Wonker
BANNED
BANNED

look at the hype Forza gets; hardly fuck all

you wait till GT5 is released, it will be talked about worldwide. Everyone knows what an awesome game its going to be, just because you boys cant afford a PS3, doesnt mean it isnt any good.

Now go and put a towel round your Xbox FPMSL
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

Much happier with my Xbox, especially now that it has more exclusives that interest me.

Last edited by Frenchy0204; 02-01-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Willy Wonker
BANNED
BANNED

yeah ok. That old chesnut It seems every Xbox owner has had a PS3 LOL but didnt like it.

I do have both but the Xbox has shit tself again They are better left off than on
Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Willy Wonker
BANNED
BANNED

ST220'd MK1 = Xbox
Escort Cosworth = PS3

hey Frenchy
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

wonker stop winding him up, im still waiting to see how he knows what GT5 plays like and sounds like hes obviously works for them
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

im going down the pub now....Hope to read more Xbox Gob shite when i come back lol

tho...i might go get an Elite @ Asda sometime as there doing that deal atm
Old 03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Willy Wonker
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by danneth
wonker stop winding him up, im still waiting to see how he knows what GT5 plays like and sounds like hes obviously works for them
LOL

He probably actually thinks that he is really driving when its only a computer gam too

Hey Frenchy, do you sit there playing Forza with a crash helmet on FPML
Old 03-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

i might go get an Elite @ Asda sometime as there doing that deal atm
DONT DO IT

Its Inevitable
Old 03-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Dan F
Advanced PassionFord User

Fooking hell what a bitch fest

Forza 3 is an amazing game even if some of the grapics arent 100% i love the game

GT5 will be good but not as good as Forza 3 because of the wait and hype mainly from this page tbh
Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Willy Wonker
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dan F
GT5 will be good but not as good as Forza 3 because of the wait and hype mainly from this page tbh
WTF

Who let this mongo out

I bet SKEG and FRENCHY sit together playing Forza tugging on each other thinking its the gear stick FPMSL
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Orion_Gav
Regular Contributor

Still,the end of the day i really doubt Gran turismo is gonna be crap because i liked them all up to part 3..i did buy part 4 but hardly touched it due to playing other games,forza is great because its here..When GT comes out i will also buy it,who honestly cares people lol
Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Dan F
Advanced PassionFord User

I have no words for you willy wonker!

As has been said GT5 will be good as every GT game all ways is (apart from prologue of course) and I will look forward to buying and playing it.Also the idea of damage on some cars is a good idea if it happens

But....I just believe that Forza3 will still be the better game
Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by danneth
please explain to me how you know how GT is going to play as its a new system there using and nothing like previous versions

Yes but its funny how you say that to him but you seem to KNOW exactly how it will look, feel, play, work better than Forza don't you!!!

Forza is the new king mate, you'll just have to get used to it and make the move just as I did. You can resist if you like but then you'll be left with second best just like you are when you have a freebie online system.

Sony can just not compete with the biggest software company in the world. PS3, its not the best at gaming, not the best online, not the best reliability (Wii??) and its not even the best Blu ray player which is its trump card. Jack of all trades master of none, laughable really.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Willy Wonker
BANNED
BANNED

I see that the HD format that the Xbox promoted went down well; can you even buy them any more fpmsl

bluray on my built in bluray player are superb looks like Sony won that one too

Skeg - I see Man U done well tonight LOL

Quick Reply: Gran Tourismo 5 - Prologue!