General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police volunteers to catch people who speed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 AM
damian harris
sideways most if the time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossieboy75
IN fact i'll volunteer to be the snitch that tells the smackheads that the jobsworths are out of their houses

Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i was just gunna say why dont they spy on burglars instead the twats
Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
i'm all for it if it's in 30 zones. fed up of scum, usually mothers with kids in the car who really should know better, speeding through our village
Glad someone has the same view as me, I don't feel so alone now!!
I'm all for it, anyone sent any FPN as a result of reports from these people can kill it immediately as it doesn't comply with evidence rules, same as a camera man who catches you speeding cannot do a thing, it's the EVIDENCE he records on the tape, or disc if newer that does that.
I must admit I have only seen them where it would be unacceptable to speed, near schools etc, they CANNOT use private residences for evidence gathering, whether given permission or not, it just wouldn't stand up as against evidence rules.
I offered windows on a flat I lived in to the plod to mount cameras to catch the vandals always in the nearby car park, they couldn't as evidence was no good from here!!
Any speed enforcement is done at designated areas, the camera vans for example have a DRAWING showing them exactly within feet of where to park as they have to validate the accuracy at every site of the gun by pointing at a object that has been measured by a home office approved surveyor as being a set distance, this is then calculated to give a time sent/received signal from gun, they typically use street lamp posts, they can record speeding to or from the gun.
The first indication of a scamera going up is official speed measurement with two black lines across the road, that measure the speed of every car/bus etc, if enough speeders to warrant a return on thier investment of a speed camera permanently they'll put one there.
tabetha
Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Saaamon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

There penis's...