General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what would i have to do to fit weber carbrettors to a 1.3 ford ka ?

Search this Thread

Old 14-10-2009, 06:46 PM
herbie
Doing motorsport course !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would i have to do to fit weber carbrettors to a 1.3 ford ka ?

what modifications will i need to do,what parts ?
Old 14-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Pob
Advanced PassionFord User

I wouldn't bother, just up grade to a bigger engine 1.6 zetec=s or 1.8 16 zetec e. Cost will be roughly the same as putting carbs on the 1.3 but you'll have double the horse power/torque with a bigger engine.

I can't say for sure but i think you'll need an ignition ecu.
Old 14-10-2009, 07:38 PM
mato
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Not endura engine specific (talking from the experience of have a bike carbed vtr engined 205), you will most probably need an uprated fuel pump, an adjustable fuel regulator (carbs require very low fuel pressure), a manifold, the carburettors themselves, a suitable air filter or just leave bare ram pipes, this is basically all that will be required for the physical fitment. On some cars the standard management can control ignition in a suitable manor on such conversions however fiiting megajolt or similar would be advisable. Unfourtunatly though I have to echo the above in saying that for a road car the modifacation is not cost efficient on such a primitive engine and an engine conversion would be much more feasible and is not too difficult, custom mounts are easily available (track designs) and much of the other stuff is straight forward (standard gearbox can be retained etc).
Old 15-10-2009, 09:02 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by herbie
what modifications will i need to do,what parts ?
You would also need to want to go backwards in effeciency to do this, as said bigger engine best bet, and keep it EFI.
tabetha
Old 15-10-2009, 09:45 AM
kniterider
PassionFord Regular

was going to do this on a 1.6 cvh engine but changed mind at last minute (had most parts.)

you need a low pressure fuel pump (ie facet) you may want to change your tank otherwise have the pump external.

inlet manifold for the engine (what the carbs go onto) filters (or trumpets)
the spark can be used just fine from the ecu aftermarket management isnt needed and will see VERY little gain if any.

obviously you may need to alter fuel pipes and throttle cable...and make sure it fits under your bonnet (you want DCOE carbs)

will lower mpg and the smoothness of the ride ie traffic (creeping along) but will increase power and make a nice noise also dont let them freez up in winter!!!!