General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what will it take to get a series1 to a genuine 150mph

Search this Thread

Old 22-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Andy-R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And with the ratios that were used 155mph = a little over 25mph per 1000rpm in 5th! (around 6k rpm) Right!

So going back to my 1st post assuming it makes its peak power higher up the revrange it will more than likley exceed 155mph!

or if it were geared higher using larger wheels pulling the same revs it would likley exceed 155mph!

Personaly I dont think your being funny....thick yeah(just like us Scots )

Karl had mentioned Nobels running lower boost, which made perfect scense! Thus ensuring lower temps, whilst giving an idea where peak power was achieved.

Why mention AVA everything is Tuner wars with ya aint it? yeah I choose to use AVA to develop and build my car, but up untill now AVA nor my own car havent been mentioned.

The thread is about Pulling 150mph and whether it can be achieved in an S1.

I sujested that Aerodynamics are not the only equasion to be taken into account. Pointing out that peak power must also be taken into account.

You result to insults and childish comments. Think before you speak/type in future.

*edited to add* In no way was it my intention to Disrespect either Karl or his work, Ollie or his car, all of which and both of whom I respect.
Old 22-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scots are so clever........having worked for the RBS for 2 months i can now confirm this
Why are you such a knobend Dingy?

I don't usually get involved in these arguments but if maybe if you took a look at yourself, you might get an idea of how you come across on this BBS to people who haven't met you..!!!

You go on about "Ollie this, Ollie that", FFS let the guy come on here and take the credit for HIS car, you don't have to do it for him...!!!

OK, you have a Cossie MK2, so do I, Paul Bailey built one in 1988 so it's not a new idea - don't see him on here ripping into everyone and showing off - (maybe because he has a life?)

When you do something worthwhile, come back and crow about it by all means but until then, maybe you should consider using your brain before you open your mouth..

Rip this apart if you want, I don't really care...
Old 23-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Paul J
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Little small but you get the idea! Dont look areodynamic but looks can be deceptive, its a very complicated science and will have huge affects on cars high speed performance.
Old 23-12-2004, 05:19 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Alan Ramsay
You go on about "Ollie this, Ollie that", FFS let the guy come on here and take the credit for HIS car, you don't have to do it for him...!!!

Gotta agree here, I aint ever met Oli and bet he's actually a sound lad but if I was him I would tell Dingy to climb out of my arse and stop talking on my account. Sorry Oli no offence mate but people like Dingy aint doing your reputation alot of good. Same thing with JB aswell, so many people who have met him say he's a sound chap but it's a shame Dingy tries to big up his mates with constant bullshit.

Dingy, I remember certain people telling me how Oli was supposed to of beaten my 178mph....funny how they said that it was you making all the quotes and bigging it all.

Mods - No personal digs, just stating my opinion...which funny enough alot of people reading this thread share.

Andy, the reason why Dingy mentions AVA this that and the other is exactly the same reason why he makes a habbit of mentioning MAD this that and the other. I'll let everyone make what they want of it however it's very clear why.
Old 23-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

all i asked was will a series1 with a 2.0 zvh with about 250 bup bups be able to hit a genuine 150mph. Like i said earlier in the thread nearly every post on here turns into ww3. I understand that people are entitled to there opinion but it seems to get personal alot on here and there is no need for it
Old 23-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Alan Ramsay
scots are so clever........having worked for the RBS for 2 months i can now confirm this
Why are you such a knobend Dingy?

I don't usually get involved in these arguments but if maybe if you took a look at yourself, you might get an idea of how you come across on this BBS to people who haven't met you..!!!

OK, you have a Cossie MK2, so do I, Paul Bailey built one in 1988 so it's not a new idea - don't see him on here ripping into everyone and showing off - (maybe because he has a life?)

When you do something worthwhile, come back and crow about it by all means but until then, maybe you should consider using your brain before you open your mouth..

Rip this apart if you want, I don't really care...
The scots thing was a joke, really it was, as both my brothers are scotish, really think you took it the wrong way.

As for my car, who gives a fuck, never mentioned it.

I am pissed off with some comments cause people seem to know it all.

Oli's S1 doesn't drop off power, old cam was a full race cam peak @ 7200 yet still stopped @ 153, what below the power.

Sorry if i offended you but was just a bit pissed off

Andy, sorry mate but you aint really right as far as i can work out, you don't know anything about oli's car really to comment, which pissed me off, its all theory that is usally what we get from the experts. I put a lot of my time in to the car and know where it needs to be looked at.
Was just pissed off last night that was all, bad mood really.
Old 23-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Anonymous
Banned

sunny you really don't know anything about me and why i said what i did.

I worked hard on oli's car so gonna big it up, as its an achivement, you continue to pay other people to sort yours then thats fine by me, i really don't give a fuck, you don't know me or oli so please do me a favour.
Old 23-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

y dont you all sort the arguments out over a weekend at brunter in the summer. Cant argue with timed results
Old 23-12-2004, 06:01 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

As if u know anything about the development of my car and how much I've put into it or not, ofcourse you make all the components yourself and everything from build, install to mapping is done by you.....I know this much you talk endless bullshit.
Old 23-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Sunny, don't get me wrongm i have no idea what you do.

My car was built my me, mapped by karl, with oli helping out and a gearbox coming from bernie.

I aint arguing with you, constant digs are from 2 sides, so u give as much as you get so your no better.

I am not going to mention MAD ever again or even acknowledge anything else you or ranj posts, so have a nice life mate.
Old 23-12-2004, 06:11 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

I have never had anything against you up until all of a sudden you started dissing me after I cracked 178.8mph and used MAD to help me. Call me paraniod but before then we got along very well.

I have said it before however you turned my offer of putting everything behind us down. The offer only stands one more time. Lifes far too short to argue and make enemies especially when everyone on here has so much in common.
Old 23-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Old 23-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Originally Posted by dingy
I am not going to mention MAD ever again or even acknowledge anything else you or ranj posts, so have a nice life mate.
Woohoo.. Now all we need is Sunny and Ranj to see the same way and the board will be peaceful again!

Edit, that was all mean lightheartedly by the way, I know Sunny doesn't involve himself much!
Old 23-12-2004, 06:23 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Is that a still from Police Camera Action 7 Rudey
Old 23-12-2004, 06:23 PM
white cab
PassionFord Regular

if you want to go to 150mph you may want to fit a diesel diff ring gear and output shaft this will make all the ratios different but on a high powered s1 it means you will be able to hold the car in gear for longer and go faster 150 shouldnt be a problem.
the s2 has a different ratio on 5th gear to aid fuel economy
Old 23-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Andy-R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The scots thing was a joke, really it was, as both my brothers are scotish, really think you took it the wrong way.

As for my car, who gives a fuck, never mentioned it.

Oli's S1 doesn't drop off power, old cam was a full race cam peak @ 7200 yet still stopped @ 153, what below the power.

Sorry if i offended you but was just a bit pissed off

Andy, sorry mate but you aint really right as far as i can work out, you don't know anything about oli's car really to comment, which pissed me off, its all theory that is usally what we get from the experts. I put a lot of my time in to the car and know where it needs to be looked at.
Was just pissed off last night that was all, bad mood really.
Dingy as per our discussion on MSN I accept you apology, I also regret that discussion can not take place without being degraded and turning into personal insults. If I offended you in anyway then I do appoligise!

I dont profess to know it all, I assume that....the above statement is aimed directly at me.

You are correct in that I do not know Ollies car as you do...however in your own words 'If I aint really right' then 'I aint really wrong'.. or you dont know if I am right or wrong?!

I dont claim to be an expert.....thank you for your back handed complement on what you describe as my theory's sorry you find it hard to accept because it is not coming directly from an expert such as Karl etc etc.

Every person on this forum takes a pride in there cars and often there M8's cars, however we dont constantly rub it in others faces!

If you continualy make claims that arnt backed up, people are going to start asking questions! Like I said in my last post maybee you should think about the consequences of typing what you do!

Ive nothing more to add really I believe far to much has been said already!

Going back to our discussion on MSN I'll forget about it and consider the Insults forgotton about!

Have a great Christmas!
Old 23-12-2004, 07:43 PM
nigel b
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I am sorting out a test next april time, and need another S1, if you wanna join in then place is yours for testing purposes.
if mine is how i want it ill volunteer(if it is ready)
Old 23-12-2004, 10:33 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Mine might become pretty nippy shortly but I don't know if it will crack 150 within brunters..
Old 23-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

DazC, what sort of power you running
Old 23-12-2004, 10:41 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Dunno...currently, not a lot but over the next few months, things will be changing....
Old 23-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hopefully they will be changing for me to. hopefully the car will be alive again after 3 years of resto
Old 23-12-2004, 10:48 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

3 years? Mine was out of action for 4 years and in peices for 3 1/2!!
Old 23-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

3 years last month it was need it spraying inside and out then put the thing back together
Old 23-12-2004, 10:52 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Body was repaired, painted and ready to go back together after 1 year but everything else too so long to sort out etc....took me 2 1/2 yars to assemble it due to one thing and another
Old 23-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i thought i would leave the bodywork till last to be honest less chance of it getting knocked about in the garage when im pissing about with it. Its a nightmare getting parts for it
Old 23-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Tim
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Genuine 250 horse in a good cvh that revs well and 150 is easy its 150+ thats hard lol
Old 23-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First time I have opened this thread and I have only skipped over it, but can somone please explain the difference between a S1 and S2 in terms of Top Speed difference?? Other than gearing of course, because we all know the S1 had shorter ratios?

The Mk4 is really just a facelift of the Mk3, there really isnt that much difference. Screen angle is roughly the same, frontal shape is roughly the same, so what else is there??

Also, I don't believe that you can really guarantee a particular Top Speed just from a given spec, it seems to have many contributing factors other than Power/Torque/Gearing and Aerodynamics.

Also, not a dig at Jamie, but when did any RST of his do 168??
Old 23-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Christian and Beccy, not having a dig but what other factors is there apart from power/ torque/ gearing/ aerodynamics. Would like to know so i stand a better chance of hitting my goal, wheel size will make a difference wont they?????
Old 24-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe In-gear acceleration, Power Delivery, Guts (as in having the bottle to do a run in a set distance) all play a part.

Otherwise, how can it be explained why my car does 161mph, which is considerably higher than most other CVH's. (thats not me gloating, trying to understand it myself too).

I don't believe that the Mk3/Mk4 Aerodynamic difference (if there is any) can account for any more than 1-2mph.
Old 24-12-2004, 12:29 AM
nigel b
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

hopefully 2005 and ill see
Old 24-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just found piccies on my HD

Old 24-12-2004, 01:33 AM
badnews
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

well i'm good mate's with ollie and dingo and was at the top speed run and all i can say is c&b did the works i don't give a shite about who's who in rs world i go to see whats what pauls top speed runs were amazing and made all look ordinary.
he ran more than most his car held out well and all i can say is top man but all this shite is going nowere and go's to prove fook all. the sooner you all grow up and respect people for there time work and effort that they put into there cars the better, just the way i see it
Old 24-12-2004, 08:35 AM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by badnews
the sooner you all grow up and respect people for there time work and effort that they put into there cars the better, just the way i see it
Old 24-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Rossco
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Also depends on where you are trying to hit 150mph? At Brunters its a lot harder than a long main road
Old 24-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by badnews
well i'm good mate's with ollie and dingo and was at the top speed run and all i can say is c&b did the works i don't give a shite about who's who in rs world i go to see whats what pauls top speed runs were amazing and made all look ordinary.
he ran more than most his car held out well and all i can say is top man but all this shite is going nowere and go's to prove fook all. the sooner you all grow up and respect people for there time work and effort that they put into there cars the better, just the way i see it
Old 24-12-2004, 04:59 PM
JamboRS
focus rs 1672

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TILLIO
jamie goings mk3 done 168mpg ages ago, rumour has it it'll be back
Sweeet, decent fuel consumption then