General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What is your ONE biggest achievement?!

Search this Thread

Old 24-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DazC
technical director of the company i work for Chip. We are a large independant vehicle maintenance workshop. We currently only have about 15 staff but when we was at our biggest we had 35 to 40. I am one of three directors now.
20% of the entire workforce are directors? Sounds more top heavy than the fella a few posts up's mrs

Seriously though, fair play
Old 25-09-2009, 08:43 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maria.
DAN!!! I cant believe you used to vault!!!

I used to do it as a bit of fun when i had horses, and used to LOVE it!!!
i was VERY good at it too...dont think i could back flip of a anymore
Old 25-09-2009, 09:30 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by DanCossie
And for those that have NO idea what this is have a look at some of the pics on google

http://images.google.com/images?q=ho...N&hl=en&tab=wi

And yes as gay as it sounds i had to wear a leotard god i got some abuse at school for that

nothing wrong with you there mate, if you like dancing on horses and stuff that's fine by me
Old 25-09-2009, 09:36 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Cheers for the pic Dojj HAHAHAHA..

it is actually very difficult to do gymnastics like that
Old 25-09-2009, 09:37 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

^^^how the fuck does the average lad get into something like that?
Old 25-09-2009, 09:39 AM
dojj

if you are good enough to do it better than everyone else, then that means you are better at it than me, which means you win

obviously if i were better than you at doing what you are better than me at doing even though i've never heard of what you were doing before you mentioned it let alone done what you are good at doing, at this point i'd be telling you that taking part was the most important thing like they tell all them schoolkids now who are too fat to get out of their chairs and aspire to be footballers wifes and stuff
Old 25-09-2009, 09:41 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by dojj
if you are good enough to do it better than everyone else, then that means you are better at it than me, which means you win

obviously if i were better than you at doing what you are better than me at doing even though i've never heard of what you were doing before you mentioned it let alone done what you are good at doing, at this point i'd be telling you that taking part was the most important thing like they tell all them schoolkids now who are too fat to get out of their chairs and aspire to be footballers wifes and stuff
eh?
Old 25-09-2009, 09:44 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by fuzzy
^^^how the fuck does the average lad get into something like that?
My mum owned her own stables, and since i have been riding horses since i was about 3 and covered every aspect of riding from jumping, dressage, cross country etc when a lady moved into our stables i was always intrigued by it so thought i would give it a go.....

and ended up doing it for years and as stated ended up being the British champion, could have gone on to participate in world tournaments but after the shit i got at school i knocked it on the head... much to the annoyance of my mum and the vaulting teachers and national vaulting board
Old 25-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY....my mum still has the video camera tapes i think though ..after the shit i got at school i gave it up and played football
I REALLY need to see this!! LOL!!

Fucking fair play though mate!
Old 25-09-2009, 12:54 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

gymnastics on a horse. i didnt even know it existed as a sport.
Old 25-09-2009, 01:05 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Not many people do...its actually a HUGE sport though in horse circles, originated from Austria..My teacher was totally crazy drove a huge volvo estate that stank of horses constantly and had a crazy name Jeti Achock Bohm

And Neil...NO WAY IN HELL are you gonna see that...when i have my house warming though at my new place you can come and see the trophies and rossetts
Old 25-09-2009, 01:46 PM
CarbonRick
PF Village Idiot

Originally Posted by mk3stevie
well done to all these people who have some amazing achievements. Personally I dont feel I have any yet and life is sliding by far too fast!
Hmmm, unfortunately I say +1.
Old 25-09-2009, 01:52 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

ive lived abroad, worked all my days ,lived as i felt ,done what ive wanted at the time .done some good things done some bad things and now have settled down with my 2 kids. ive never had specific goals i wanted to achieve but ive not had a bad life.
its not so bad not being a hero.
Old 25-09-2009, 02:03 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Quite a few things really, but one of me best moments was being accepted to play in the National Brass Band of Wales. Competing and touring around many countries around the world, as well as the Albert Hall and the Sydney Opera House. Shortly after, I played with a very prestigious band in the National Finals of Great Britain and won the soloist prize, beating all the top professionals who make a living out of it and making myself the youngest player to ever do that....all in the same year. I believe I still hold the crown for that title to this day. Making my family proud was just a bonus

Last edited by COCHYN; 25-09-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 25-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Captain500rs
Advanced PassionFord User

So you like blowing trumpets ?
Old 25-09-2009, 02:12 PM
dojj

Not many people do...its actually a HUGE sport though in horse circles, originated from Austria..My teacher was totally crazy drove a huge volvo estate that stank of horses constantly and had a crazy name Jeti Achock Bohm

And Neil...NO WAY IN HELL are you gonna see that...when i have my house warming though at my new place you can come and see the trophies and rossetts
just post up the pics of the trophy's then

i'll post one up of me winning a local short tennis saturday competition if you do
Old 25-09-2009, 02:13 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

you never watched animal farm
Old 25-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Captain500rs

Originally Posted by dojj
i'll post one up of me winning a local short tennis saturday competition if you do
Tennis for midgets?
Old 25-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Nicole
PassionFord Post Troll

Its something very personal to me so i will keep it brief. But my biggest achievement is overcoming a very difficult childhood and turning my life around into what it is today. Just being a good, decent, honest person wwith self respect and morals. Nothing major to some people, but life changing to me........
Old 25-09-2009, 02:43 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by mozzy
you never watched animal farm
that was gymnastics under a horse
Old 25-09-2009, 02:44 PM
mozzy
Ford for life

that was gymnastics under a horse

lol so you seen it then
Old 25-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

In all my 27 years in existence I can safely say that, imo, I have acheived absolutely feck all! Well, nothing even remotely good or worthwhile anyway.

There's a lot of good and big achievements posted so far! Fair play!
Old 25-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Pob

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
In all my 27 years in existence I can safely say that, imo, I have acheived absolutely feck all! Well, nothing even remotely good or worthwhile anyway.

Don't say that, i'm sure you've achieved something that is personal to you?
Old 25-09-2009, 05:20 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by mozzy
lol so you seen it then
and a cow a pig and a chicken
Old 25-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Diseasel
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Chip
Details mate?
I work in a custody suite where some old fella who should never have been there collapsed and had stopped breathing in a cell. I dived in the cell checked his pulse , nothing , checked if e was breathing again nothing, shouted for assistants, instructed my colleague to get an ambulance and grab the defib machine ,which is the machine you see in films where it shocks people to life with high voltage, but in real life it just checks what the heart is doing, if the heart is beating fine it tells you and alls fine .Or if there is a heart beat but its wrong it stops the heart briefly and with electricity restarts the heart but at the correct rhythm but not with the huge jolt you see in the films. But as there wasn't any heart beat.
Straight into CPR we go, with my Sergeant on the guys chest and me on the dirty end giving the kiss of life , we managed to bring the guy back for around a minute, but just as it was looking promising the guy groans and stops breathing again. We fear the worse now and think the game is up , but we must carry on until the paramedics arrive, so again we are back into CPR and thankfully we get him breathing again and semi alert in time for the paramedics to arrive and take over.

Thankfully the old chap had made a full recovery
Old 26-09-2009, 01:52 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Chip
20% of the entire workforce are directors? Sounds more top heavy than the fella a few posts up's mrs

Seriously though, fair play
There is reason as to why I there are 3 directors and the company functions better with 3 of us. Initially the business started as a partnership so there has always been 2 directors as such.

The reason why we had to reduce staff was down to lease companies losing contracts to people like BT Fleet Services who have their own workshops around the UK. We lost in the reigion of 200 vehicles through no fault of our own and a further 130 vehicles due to companies "defleeting" which meant that we suffered our own recession about 4.5 years ago. We have been recovering slowly and aim to build up to our previous size and hopefully greater.
Old 26-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Nick D

For me it has to be how hard I have worked / work for everything that I have when I could of taken a MUCH easier route. It's gained me the respect of my family and close friends that know me well.
Old 26-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

You have grafted thats for sure Nick! and fortunately youre able to reap the rewards too!
Old 26-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Nick D

Originally Posted by Maria.
You have grafted thats for sure Nick! and fortunately youre able to reap the rewards too!
Thanks hun!!
Old 26-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Stevie RS Boy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Havent really done much, my 2 kids are my best achievement, also done the london to brighton bike ride this year for the 1st time and rode up ditchling beacon, if someone else has done it they will know how steep it is, also when i was oval racing i went staight from white grade to a superstar which doesnt really happen much, am a very good driver, but run out of money and couldnt progress as i think i could make a very good racing driver, also i started my own business in April (on the side of a full time job) building and hiring small car trailers

Last edited by Stevie RS Boy; 26-09-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 26-09-2009, 09:01 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rsturbo27
diveing into a lake and saveing 2 kids 4 and 6 after ther car lost control managed to get there mum out 2 dident hesitate thats wot i proud of most also being a dad
everyone seems to have overlooked this but thats definetily something to be proud of
Old 26-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Diseasel
I work in a custody suite where some old fella who should never have been there collapsed and had stopped breathing in a cell. I dived in the cell checked his pulse , nothing , checked if e was breathing again nothing, shouted for assistants, instructed my colleague to get an ambulance and grab the defib machine ,which is the machine you see in films where it shocks people to life with high voltage, but in real life it just checks what the heart is doing, if the heart is beating fine it tells you and alls fine .Or if there is a heart beat but its wrong it stops the heart briefly and with electricity restarts the heart but at the correct rhythm but not with the huge jolt you see in the films. But as there wasn't any heart beat.
Straight into CPR we go, with my Sergeant on the guys chest and me on the dirty end giving the kiss of life , we managed to bring the guy back for around a minute, but just as it was looking promising the guy groans and stops breathing again. We fear the worse now and think the game is up , but we must carry on until the paramedics arrive, so again we are back into CPR and thankfully we get him breathing again and semi alert in time for the paramedics to arrive and take over.

Thankfully the old chap had made a full recovery

Fair play.

Nice to know that there are still a few decent coppers out there, even if they are firmly in the minority these days IME!