General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Parking ticket off private company??

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2009, 08:58 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ballin
those are some boltcutters @ 6ft
Yep, arent they just, I actually think they are 180cm so not quite 6 ft but thats what my old man calls them.
Old 29-09-2009, 09:45 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

i got one a bout 6 months ago, but was parked on the road, with yellow line running under myvan, yet was parked behind a building that the road ran up to, clamp signs on the wall f the building etc, yet got a ticket (no clamp)

rung them up, proper arseholes, told them i wasnt paying, and they told me they would escalate it etc, and they did, from £40, to £80, then letters of barrister charges, courts, bailiffs, etc

spoke to my solicitor and he told me to ignore it, that they would have to send to court for an order to summonds me before anything else.

was a local company to us, known as national clamps, i sent them two recorded delivery letters, they would not reply, yet they would keep sending me invoices and threatening mail.

I took it to my local papers, the council, parking control, and as of yet ive heard nohing !
Old 29-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a ticket through the post from a private company that runs Halfords car park saying i wasnt parked inside my alocated bay, i wrote to them asking for a copy of the ticket as i never recieved one on the screen and have never heard from them since.

Steve
Old 29-09-2009, 10:11 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a ticket from eurocarparks in jan..... i looked into it loads.....
as warren and a few others has mentioned above.... this is not a fine but an offer of a contract...or an invitation to pay..... ignore it.. i have... loads of times now... i now do it on purpose.......!... they can do nothing..... i have had baliffs letters... and when i checked into i the bailiffs were owned by eurocarparks and had not registered any accounts into company house for years! seems just a letter head! don't bother replying.... nothing will happen if its private property.....
Old 29-09-2009, 10:14 PM
RobCarden
358bhp

Originally Posted by Moonstone Steve
I got a ticket through the post from a private company that runs Halfords car park saying i wasnt parked inside my alocated bay, i wrote to them asking for a copy of the ticket as i never recieved one on the screen and have never heard from them since.

Steve
you won't... but even if you do.. remember - its not a ticket or a fine... its an invitation to pay or to enter into a contract..... they will say that by parking and possibly seeing the signs you HAVE entered into contract.....

ok...

so prove that it was YOU driving.....

they will say you have a duty to the DVLA to know who was driving your car at any time - even if it wasn't you.....

correct....

you do....

however you do NOT have to pass this information onto a private company!

then you send them a letter asking to stop harassing you!

simples.
Old 30-09-2009, 05:59 AM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

The ticket I had that I got clamped for has just been over turned. The ticket was for parking on single yellow line, I appealed on the basis the correct signs were missing, council agreed and quashed ticket.