General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Problem with next door neighbours dog. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 16-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Slaney21
Roflmaowtfbbqhax!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with next door neighbours dog. Advice?

Hi all

just a quick bit of advice needed on the situation of our next door neighbours dog barking consistantly when it is left unattended throughout the day/evening.

It has been going on for at least 6 months or more now and im getting to the point of either grabbing the paintball gun in the attic and shooting the little bastard to death or kicking the door down and chucking a muzzle on the dam thing. I have tried my best to drown the noise out with the help of some generic dance or a little bit of the heavy metal but to no avail. It is just constantly barking and never lets up from the moment they leave the house until the moment they return. There have been complaints from a few other people living close by who have had to endure this buggers crys for help also.

Now i am polite to neighbours and bare no grudges to anyone living in the surrounding area but I just dont know how to confront the situation without sounding like a complete nutsack as the neighbours in question are known to have a bit of a rough background and have whinged about other things in the past which seem completely ludicrous (sp?).

So where do i go from here? is there any particular body i need to speak to regarding this issue? anyone else had a similar situation to deal with before?
Old 16-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Your local council.

Failing that become a muslim.
Old 16-09-2009, 10:08 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

i wish i had only one barking nextdoor mate,i have about 40 greyhouinds about thirty metres from my house and one of these days im goin to shove every fookin one of them up my neighbours arse .

cheers james
Old 16-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

kill it. the fucking mutt

our cats have been having grief off a local mog the last few weeks. anyway about 7.30pm tonight i was trying to fit some new exhast rubbers to the runabout as the back box has pretty much fell off...

hear this godalmighty fucking noise of 2 cats scrapping about 10 foot away so i got up to see whats going on. our cat legs it into the garage, shortly followed by another cat. my natural instinct was to kick the other fucking cat, and i got i got it good as it turned around and fucked off

didnt kill it befor anyone asks, but when your pet insurance has just gone up from Ł60 to Ł80, you can kind of imgine how pissed off we get taking them to the vets every other week.

next time is see the little cunt, well, lets just see if i can catch it!

our cats do need to buth up tho and not be such pussys no pun intended
Old 16-09-2009, 10:12 PM
G420 DEL
Advanced PassionFord User

give it a nice big juicy steak.

after you fill it with pills of any discription. nite nite puppy.
Old 16-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Doug

Slaney stick the mutt in your garden and ask the feckers how they like it !

Sorry could not resist

Regards Doug .
Old 16-09-2009, 10:14 PM
danb21t
PassionFord Regular

12gauge
Old 16-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This isn't the dogs fault - they are pack animals and this one has been stuck in solitary. Call the RSPCA who can at least check it has proper space, food, water and somewhere to do a crap.

We had this problem with a neighbours dog whimpering and howling literally all day every day - OK for them out working, but I often work at home and this noise even penetrated the double glazing!!!

Then they took the dog on holiday, but when they came back the dog was gone. Their story is that it jumped the fence at their holiday house and got run over by a passing car. Personally, I think the poor bastard committed suicide!
Old 16-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Madbradz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Our Neighbours dog used to have a flap to go in and out and it used to come out when the owners were not there and bark at everything!

Every one complained to them but they did nothing....

"someone" Jumped the wall and shoved the little rat back in the house and covered the flap with duct tape so the fucker couldn't get out, and then put a nice anonmous letter through the door explaining what had been done and why, and if it keeps happening the dog will go missing!

As told to me by the owner!

No problems since

Adam
Old 16-09-2009, 10:50 PM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As above, its not the dogs fault. Its bored. The RSPCA probably wont do much, council will probably ask you to keep a diary and it will be a long drawn out affair to get any recording equipment. Can you not talk to your neighbour about it, i know you say they've a history of trouble but they may not know its doing it while they're away. Sometimes if people leave the radio on it can help keep the dog quiet try suggesing that to them.

Hard one really if you approach them and they give you shit and you then complain to the council/rspca they'll obviously think it was you who did it and may make things worse for you.
Old 16-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

when i go out, i leave the radio on, not music but one of them gay talk stations, and the dogs dont make a noise.
Old 17-09-2009, 05:35 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doug
Slaney stick the mutt in your garden and ask the feckers how they like it !

Sorry could not resist

Regards Doug .
Old 17-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Slaney21
Roflmaowtfbbqhax!

ok cheers chaps.

i can understand the dog being bored as it never gets walked and is constantly whinged at when they are at home so dont blame it really.
Old 17-09-2009, 07:46 AM
p17fld

Old 17-09-2009, 08:02 AM
das
Part of the Furniture

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love that pic pure class

you sound like a true gent but go round and talk to them most ppl would do somethink to stop the barking

my old neighbour had 6 black labs which he used to breed had just the same thing i went round to talk to him about it and he started laughing so after a few more choosen words he could then see how it was pissing me off he did try and was always kissing my ass until i moved
Old 17-09-2009, 08:15 AM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you got to blame the owners they should not have a dog
it looks like they dont give a dam report them to the rspca as said its not the dogs fault
Old 17-09-2009, 09:26 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start having parties at 2am, tell them you've got hearing loss so need the music loud, as the dog deafened you so now it needs to be louder, a week or two of this should help.
tabetha
Old 17-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I could not live with that. I'd go MENTAL.

I have a dog and he spends time in a run outside and i'd hate to think he was annoying the neighbours.

Have a word mate.
Old 17-09-2009, 10:16 AM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

i once lived next door well, beside a pub, the owner had a dog, at around 5:30 when they had the barrel delivery the dog was let out, and barked like mad, then late at night it was a case of the dog also again, barking.

Once evening the pub had closed up and the dog was let out into the garden, i had the RS out the garage and then the dog started to bark at me, tryed to rip into the fence, everytime i was out, and the dog was in the garden, it uset to try get one of the panels out, well, one day i thought fuck it, ill remove it, the dog came out, I hit the fucker so hard with the crow bar, it ran off crying, the next day, when left in the garaden, it never came near me, and in the evenings, it stoped barking,

next was todo the same with the load mouth wankers in the beer garden, and now they intorucded the new smoking law, it got worse, many times, i left the sprinkler out, and turned on, that sorted that problem.

now ive moved to a nice, posh area. with a next door who has two dogs, and i tell you what, there better than the other next doors cat, one day! the pissing cat will be Killed!.. ill say! i didnt see it while i was driving!. woppppsie.
Old 17-09-2009, 11:26 AM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just before they get let in for the night, stuff some laxatives in a "treat" for them. Then keep your ears open for when the neigbours discover the "treats" left for them in the morning.
Old 17-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Are the owners actually aware that their dog is doing this when they are out?
Old 17-09-2009, 11:35 AM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What sort of dog is it? My dog is still a puppy (12 weeks old) and we leave him indoors all day and not a murmur. I warned the neighbours to tell me if he's being noisy and they havent heard a thing! We leave him out loads of things to do, Kiss100 on the radio(!) etc etc. Perhaps your neighbours dog has nothing to do indoors?
Old 17-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Have a chat with your neighbour mate, worked for me. I was fed up of the smell of canabis coming into my home from my neighbours and his mates smoking it on the communal landing. I had built it up in my head it was going to be an aggresive confrontation when I spoke about it to him.

I was surprised when the chap apologised and promised he would speak to his mates. Not had a whiff of naughty substances since and nobody got angry and aggresive
Old 17-09-2009, 11:48 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Why do these threads always attract so many people who think that the solution is to kill/beat the animal. Its not the animal's fault FFS.

Speak to your neighbours, and get them all to do this. If you all do it it should speed up the process, or at least take some heat away from you if they ask who's complained.
Old 17-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Slaney21
Roflmaowtfbbqhax!

thanks again all

as far as im aware they are not aware so maybe worth making a point about it but again dont want to cause bad blood etc. The dog in question is one of those basset hound things called fred. Looks stoned out its face everytime i have seen it.

a good friend of mine is actually conkers deep in their daughter at the moment as well so maybe worth asking him to ask her so she can relay a quiet word etc????? if not then il have a think and go from there

cheers for the link also dan
Old 17-09-2009, 12:09 PM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

time for massive dog licences!! that would at least weed out most of the low lifes.i had the same with my scummy neighbour,e-mail to the council and a big note pinned to their door and it's gone quiet and they don't leave the dogs on their own now
but loads of others around the area do

"say no to shitting machines"
Old 17-09-2009, 05:35 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by tregmatt
you got to blame the owners they should not have a dog
it looks like they dont give a dam report them to the rspca as said its not the dogs fault

Dog's bark for lots of reasons - not all can be controlled by the owner!

Besides they might not even know it happening!!!!!!!

Talk about a poorly thought through comment.
Old 17-09-2009, 05:47 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Your local council.

Failing that become a muslim.

yet true!!
Old 17-09-2009, 06:33 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by morcheen
time for massive dog licences!! that would at least weed out most of the low lifes.
"say no to shitting machines"
It's not the size of the dog as little happy ones are worse! I'm so intolerent of other people's noise and wouldn't put up with a days noise before kicking off!

Both my neighbours have dogs but you never hear one barking, and the other only when the postman comes (which is actually quite handy!).
Old 17-09-2009, 06:37 PM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default say no

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
It's not the size of the dog as little happy ones are worse! I'm so intolerent of other people's noise and wouldn't put up with a days noise before kicking off!

Both my neighbours have dogs but you never hear one barking, and the other only when the postman comes (which is actually quite handy!).

i meant massive as in price.it's true the small ones can make more noise than the big ones.but when one dog starts barking they all bloody join in
they're all just shitting machines to me !!!