General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Snap on theft

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Snap on theft

My local Snap on man runs two vans and he got done over last weekend, they broke in to his secure unit and both vans and cleaned him out, was about 100k's worth apparently he has them on CCTV but tbh the police don't give a rats arse ... the robbers were there for 7 hours too

so if anyone heres of any cheap Snap on tools im sure he would give some form of reward
Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

7 hours theey theives have balls
Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

snap on are robbing twats any way fuck him
Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saph4be
Well, that's not particularly helpful mate
Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Rich_bloor
rich_bloor@hotmail.com

I hope your snap on m8 is insured !!!

Bad shit if he isn't !!!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Rich_bloor
rich_bloor@hotmail.com

100 grand is only a few socket sets and a spanner anyway
Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich_bloor
I hope your snap on m8 is insured !!!

Bad shit if he isn't !!!

Yer he is but that will take time and he will still have to pay the VAT on the loss
Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
gup
Advanced PassionFord User

what was the dealers name fella
Old 11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

John Doveton

east london
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Rs1

The snap on guy up here got done a while back aswell, same kinda situation...was locked away in a secure unit and they had all weekend to remove everything.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
bigal1978
PassionFord Post Troll

as above my one got done lost 40k he said he was on ebay 24 hours a day
Old 11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Mark RS

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

your nice!!!!!!!!!!! wait until something like this happens to you.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure a snap on guy got bumped off up here so they could strip his van about a year or 2 ago?
Old 12-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no alarms on then ?????????
Old 12-09-2009, 01:29 AM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

not gud
Old 12-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Shitting hell 7 hour's proper gutted man
Old 12-09-2009, 02:06 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bastards. I do mobile security and about two years ago got called to a major bank as the cash machine safe vibration sensor had gone off,quite a common form of false alarm. When i went in discovered the atm safe door laid on floor the intruders had cased the branch out and realised there were no pir detectors between a side window leading to atm area meaning they could get through window undetected and work on the safe with only risk being the atm vibration sensor. They used oxy accetylene and cut the hinges off the safe vibration sensor did not activate until door was removed, 5 hours later (watched cctv) they got away with Ł148k. Not bad for 5 hours work i guess and the best thing is wincor nixdorf fixed atm but the bank still to this day have not updated alarm system. Tits. But problem is in this day and age burglars etc are getting cleverer (stupid for doing what there doing but the way they do it is quite clever sometimes). I have even discovered exactly how they make and use the skimming devices on barclays atm machines. But 100k of snap on tools aint light so they must have had a big van

Last edited by mozzy; 12-09-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Originally Posted by mozzy
Bastards. I do mobile security and about two years ago got called to a major bank as the cash machine safe vibration sensor had gone off,quite a common form of false alarm. When i went in discovered the atm safe door laid on floor the intruders had cased the branch out and realised there were no pir detectors between a side window leading to atm area meaning they could get through window undetected and work on the safe with only risk being the atm vibration sensor. They used oxy accetylene and but the hinges off the safe vibration sensor did not activate until door was removed, 5 hours later (watched cctv) they got away with Ł148k. Not bad for 5 hours work i guess and the best thing is wincor nixdorf fixed atm but the bank still to this day have not updated alarm system. Tits. But problem is in this day and age burglars etc are getting cleverer. I have even discovered exactly how they make and use the skimming devices on barclays atm machines. But 100k of snap on tools aint light so they must have had a big van
Jeesus man i never knew it could be that easy not that i would go more brain's that despite what ppl think lmao.

Well mate that's gotta be worrying on a side point too what if u get there and there still there like are u at risk etc etc?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:12 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by Rs Cosworth 1
Jeesus man i never knew it could be that easy not that i would go more brain's that despite what ppl think lmao.

Well mate that's gotta be worrying on a side point too what if u get there and there still there like are u at risk etc etc?

not paid enough to risk myself lol if intruders still on site i just keep my distance until police arrive (usually ages lol) but have had a couple situations that not been able to get out of with out defending myself thats why i carry a 4 cell mag lite , had van smashed up by pikeys because i had them arrested the week before, had a smack head lunge at me with a needle so a colleague hit him on shoulder with mag lite and dislocated his shoulder and he ended up sticking needle in his own leg lol, had 2 blokes in a supermarket once and literally banged their heads together, that was quite funny, and another time caught a pair of poofs on one of my sites shagging, that was disturbing, one of them head butted me so i knocked him out lol..... but if i can avoid a situation like that then I get out of it as soon as i can, but the very worst was when i was working for Group4Securicor patrol and response was sorting the alarm system in a nationwide building society after cleaner cocked it up, whilst in there (behind counter so out of view) G4S cash in transit came into fill the atm machine and as they unlocked the door a gang of armed raiders came in behind them one shot was fired and the cleaner got beaten up, i can handle myself but am not silly enough to try and tackle a man with a gun lol, when the drama was over the raiders got away with 2 full cash cassettes (about 60k) i came out lol, and i am not afraid to admit i was fucking terrified, but in the end it turned out they had blank firing pistols. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7214400.stm
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 AM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

fuck me dude thats a bit harsh,hope insurance sort him out.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I agree some of the stuff can be dear but you could always wait till its on offer, and when you see these people every week they become your friends, he is a nice guy and at the end of the day its his lively hood so it ain't very nice is it!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Roscco
Livin' [H]ard & Fast

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
I'm sure a snap on guy got bumped off up here so they could strip his van about a year or 2 ago?
I remember that, was bad shit. They got the bad guys though.

Originally Posted by Scotsman Website
Published Date: 21 November 2002
By By DUNCAN ROBERTS
THE two men accused of stealing alleged murder victim Gary Linn’s van and tools today dramatically changed their pleas.
Martin Birnie, 33, of Hollybank, Mayfield, Dalkeith, and Christopher Miller, 31, of Monteith Farm Cottage, Mossend, Gorebridge, have now admitted resetting Gary’s Ł40,000 stock of Snap On tools.
Hope a result is gained in this case too.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 PM
utternutter
BANNED
BANNED

anyone know who it was??? i need my code reader updating
Old 12-09-2009, 04:06 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by mozzy
Bastards. I do mobile security and about two years ago got called to a major bank as the cash machine safe vibration sensor had gone off,quite a common form of false alarm. When i went in discovered the atm safe door laid on floor the intruders had cased the branch out and realised there were no pir detectors between a side window leading to atm area meaning they could get through window undetected and work on the safe with only risk being the atm vibration sensor. They used oxy accetylene and cut the hinges off the safe vibration sensor did not activate until door was removed, 5 hours later (watched cctv) they got away with Ł148k. Not bad for 5 hours work i guess and the best thing is wincor nixdorf fixed atm but the bank still to this day have not updated alarm system. Tits. But problem is in this day and age burglars etc are getting cleverer (stupid for doing what there doing but the way they do it is quite clever sometimes). I have even discovered exactly how they make and use the skimming devices on barclays atm machines. But 100k of snap on tools aint light so they must have had a big van

They did well to get a door off a Wincor
Old 12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
toff
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
Aye Dav. Gary linn was his name. His run was round my way
Good guy too
Old 12-09-2009, 05:35 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Rosco, I remember they did aye, was some schoolboy error as to why they caught up with them iirc! selling tools on to junkie's or somethin?

Aye Toff, I didnt know him it was out snap on guy who told us about it, shocking why someone would go to such length all for cash
Old 13-09-2009, 06:10 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Originally Posted by James90RS
They did well to get a door off a Wincor

tell me about it, i sometimes go on the reliance/wincor run around wales with Jayne one of the wincor engineers (we travel as a 2 person crew for reasons i will get raped for if i make public knowledge lol) and she was saying there one of the toughest safes on any atm (ncr are crap in my opinion) but then with 5 hours undetected i suppose anything is possible.
the latest scam is the skimming devices, basically a card reader is inserted to read card details and other ones actually trap the card and the other part of the devices are basic as hell, a panel attached to top of machine and are anything from 5-12 inches long, same colour as atm to disguise them and inside is a 3 video mobile phone which is connected via a video call to the scammer, there is a tiny hole in panel so they can clearly see the key pad. We found one on the barclatys atm in caerleon, Newport recently, when jane pulled the panel off the phone fell out andf the person on the other end quickly hung up and a fiesta parked over the road quickly started up and wheelspun off lol. what wincor are doing now is installing a failsafe device which sends the atm into tamper mode the second the reader is messed with and also shuts atm down if a mobile phone is held near it for a set period of time, a few months back we had 12 in one day go in to tamper around wales but the device had been removed by time we arrived until we reached the last one which ios the caerleon one. one things for sure when i use any atm now i am like a hawk i check it completley before putting my card anywhere near it