General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Inter-credit international - anyone had dealings with these f*ckwits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Inter-credit international - anyone had dealings with these f*ckwits?

some may remeber i was hit off my motorbike back on the 5/7/07 anyway after i had been paid out by the insurance the bike was stripped and sold off on ebay as it was a write off.

so after allt he bits had gone, i sent off the logbook to the dvla saying it was scrapped. and never thought any more of it... and never got any confirmation letter etc

till earlier this year i get a letter asking why i had not sorned or taxed it.

so i replied to this with dates and a statement saying about it being written off and sold off etc.

and again, never heard anything back.

till yesterday when the missus rings up saying that i have a letter saying that as i have ignored all letters etc they are taking me to court unless i pay an £80 fine.

i was away with work so she gave me a the ref number and phone no. so i got on the phone, thinking it was to the dvla...

anyway i have moved and for some stupid fucking reason, gave them my new address

she basically said i must pay £80 or they will take me to court and i will have to pay a grand fine. and i said i wasnt going to pay it there and then as i have not read the letter or am in a position to make further inquireys. so she marked my file with a refusal to pay lol

anyway, has anyone else ever had dealings with these cretins as im fucked if im giving them a penny for the dvla's fuckup. twice...

i dont belive that both letters i sent were lost in the post!

it states that they will clamp the vehicle or remove it, and dispose of it. so i think ill tell them to do just that as it no longer exists!

Last edited by Fudgey; 12-09-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fudgey
some may remeber i was hit off my motorbike back on the 5/7/07 anyway after i had been paid out by the insurance the bike was stripped and sold off on ebay as it was a write off.

so after allt he bits had gone, i sent off the logbook to the dvla saying it was scrapped. and never thought any more of it... and never got any confirmation letter etc

till earlier this year i get a letter asking why i had not sorned or taxed it.

so i replied to this with dates and a statement saying about it being written off and sold off etc.

and again, never heard anything back.

till yesterday when the missus rings up saying that i have a letter saying that as i have ignored all letters etc they are taking me to court unless i pay an £80 fine.

i was away with work so she gave me a the ref number and phone no. so i got on the phone, thinking it was to the dvla...

anyway i have moved and for some stupid fucking reason, gave them my new address

she basically said i must pay £80 or they will take me to court and i will have to pay a grand fine. and i said i wasnt going to pay it there and then as i have not read the letter or am in a position to make further inquireys. so she marked my file with a refusal to pay lol

anyway, has anyone else ever had dealings with these cretins as im fucked if im giving them a penny for the dvla's fuckup. twice...

i dont belive that both letters i sent were lost in the post!

it states that they will clamp the vehicle or remove it, and dispose of it. so i think ill tell them to do just that as it no longer exists!
I cant even get hold of them. been trying on the phone for over a week to speak to someone about a problem.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:31 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

so whos intercred and whats it got to do with them if you tax or not?

Last edited by fuzzy; 11-09-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:32 PM
CombatSapph
Regular Contributor

1: Send everything like that recorded delivery.
2: Let them take you to court.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by fuzzy
so whos intercred and whats it got to do with them if you tax or not?
debt collectors. the dvla have passed a fine over to them to collect...
Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
I cant even get hold of them. been trying on the phone for over a week to speak to someone about a problem.
020 8447 6799 then press 1 to speak to the muppets.

i got through twice yesterday very quickly
Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

i had this happen i just sent them a letter saying i had sorned it and they never got back to me again
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by botters
i had this happen i just sent them a letter saying i had sorned it and they never got back to me again
you got an £80 fine from intercred and wrote to dvla?

gonna ring them first thing monday anyway
Old 11-09-2009, 07:06 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

ill probably hear similar soon. i bumped a road tax fine over a year ago.i didnt own the motor for the majority of the time so im paying fuck all.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 PM
RigPig
Advanced PassionFord User

I had the same from a car i had sold,phoned them , they gave me the same shit , pay yp or a 1000pound fine. Told them to do one see them in court.
Not heard a thing since. I think they buy the "debt" off dvla
Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by B16 RBM
I had the same from a car i had sold,phoned them , they gave me the same shit , pay yp or a 1000pound fine. Told them to do one see them in court.
Not heard a thing since. I think they buy the "debt" off dvla
how long ago was this mate?

i have found some info etc on letters to write with legal jargon, so ill get one sent off to the dvla in the mean time.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 AM
barnard
Regular Contributor

Oh yes my mum and dad had an old cavalier which luckerly enough had my initials on the number plate.The cavalier had see its day and the old man was going to srap it so i said ill swop the plate to my rs first.My god the amount of phone call driving around and cash to do this was stupid.Someone also had to come from dvla to look at the cavalier too it took months.tossers
Old 12-09-2009, 09:58 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

fudget the dvla are fookin arseholes sometimes.
i sold a car and well within a month more like 10 days later i get a letter saying someones applying for a new v5,i thought nowt of it cos i had sent off the log book and just sold the fucker so i knew that.
2 weeks later i get a very nice letter saying i'm off the old v5 and not recorded as being the owner and keep this letter etc bollocks which i have had before so thought nowt of it.
another 2 weeks goes by and i get a fookin demand of a fine and threat of court unless i pay the fine for not informing the cunts that i had sold the car, i really did think to go to court and tell the judge to fuck off and kiss my hoop as i hate having to spend my money now on there fuck ups,i had to go my local dvla to sort it out,fire up my jag,pay to park,waste my shoe leather,sit in a q for a fookin hr and what for????????

to tell some ponced up pissed off soulless mong i havn't got a problem but they have.

i told them i was going my local paper if i didn't get a result there and then as i had done everything correctly.

anyway i then get sorted out and even got them to put it had been sorted in writing, if you think about it just how many innocent motorists or jailed members of the public get fucked over cos they can be arseholes eh!!

fuck em.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

cheers mate, well, ill type up a letter to send to them. as for going there in person, with work i cant afford a day off, and they are not open at the weekends, hell, you cant even get hold of them on the fooking phone, so speak to a person not a recorded message!

the dvla is just one big scamming company. if you were a business that relied on say orders through the post, i bet not a lot would go missing as you would loose money.

they seem to loose post left right and centre because that way they can make money!

its seems odd that both corresponances i have sent have not arrived.

i think in future i will try to make an appointment to go down in person and enter the data on their computer system myself, as it would seem that all the people that work for the dvla are far less than competant!

and yes, i know i cant spell lol
Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dvla are well known to the courts for fuckups.
This is the reason why they do indeed sell the debt on, to the recovery company.
The onus however is on them to PROVE to a courts satisfaction that you never wrote the letters(that you have copies of), courts are also well aware that many letters go astray due to royal fail.
The debt collectors then have two options, a personal visit, or pay more money to take you to court, in other words a gamble.
Often it's worth offering something like 50p a week, where one is guilty as the cost of collecting is counter productive, so they right it off a lot of the time.
Don't let on that you're working, make out you are poor, have pre existing debts of thousands, they have to then "wait in line", so they take no action.
If a bailiff does visit, the very first thing he will try to do is to put his foot over the "threshold", ie doorstep, he is then in law seen to have been invited, this is the first thing we did when doing this, it also stops you shutting the door..
tabetha
Old 12-09-2009, 12:18 PM
taylormade
Virgin

iv had the same thing sold a car on ebay sent the forms away blah blah same thing as u got the reminder sent them again then got an £80 fine after weeks of foning dvla and the ppl that are trying to fine me i got the letter that comfims that i sold it from the dvla and it had the wrong date on it,
it had the date they sent the letter to me not the date that i sold the car so when i foned them they said i still have to pay so i told them to take me to court

this was a month again they keep phoning and i say the same thing TAKE ME TO FUCKING COURT FOR YOUR MONEY

il go in court with my folder of prove that i sold the car on that date and il just have to see what happens

bastards
Old 12-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Originally Posted by tabetha
The dvla are well known to the courts for fuckups.
This is the reason why they do indeed sell the debt on, to the recovery company.
The onus however is on them to PROVE to a courts satisfaction that you never wrote the letters(that you have copies of), courts are also well aware that many letters go astray due to royal fail.
The debt collectors then have two options, a personal visit, or pay more money to take you to court, in other words a gamble.
Often it's worth offering something like 50p a week, where one is guilty as the cost of collecting is counter productive, so they right it off a lot of the time.
Don't let on that you're working, make out you are poor, have pre existing debts of thousands, they have to then "wait in line", so they take no action.
If a bailiff does visit, the very first thing he will try to do is to put his foot over the "threshold", ie doorstep, he is then in law seen to have been invited, this is the first thing we did when doing this, it also stops you shutting the door..
tabetha

unfortunatly i didnt make a copy of the letter i wrote, by hand.

i will draft up yet another letter, and this time include photocopies of the soliciter letters with the payout etc on it. amy even include a couple of pics of the bike in bits for all its worth...

its a piss take and they are just out to make money off innocent people.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

ok, just knocked up a letter to send to the dvla monday. i will include copies of the solicitors letters aswel

Dear Sir /Madam,

Re: Vehicle Registration Number R600 KAT – Yamaha YZF 600R Thundercat

I have been sent a threatening ‘enforcement’ letter from Inter-Credit International Ltd demanding that I pay £80 to them immediately. I politely ask that they be stopped, and that no further action be taken, as I am absolutely not guilty of any charge that you wish to level against me. I have never actually been informed as to what I am guilty of, so please let me know what I have done wrong. You have not sent me any letter whatsoever that informs me as to the exact nature of my ‘offence.’ I am a law-abiding citizen, have always paid vehicle tax on time, and would rather you spent the time tracking down those who drive around in untaxed cars.

My old motorcycle was written off in a road traffic accident on the 5th July 2007. on the XXX an amount for the value of the motorcycle from the third paty's insurance company was accepted by myself and i kept the vehicle. I then stripped the parts and sold them off as salvage. The main chassis was then destroyed and disposed of at Swindon recycling centre, again by myself.
All of the required paperwork was filled in and I duly sent off the necessary V5 paperwork to DVLA Swansea stating that the vehicle was scrapped.
Nowhere does it state on the V5 document that I personally have to chase up the declaration of scrapping the vehicle in four weeks, this is only for if making a SORN declaration. The law simply asks that I notify you and that there is not a legal obligation to follow up that notification, it is merely advice.

The law simply asks that I notify you – once I have done that I have discharged my legal obligation and complied with the legislation.

Then earlier this year I received a letter from you asking why I had not declared the vehicle as SORN. I once again filled out your letter and returned it with evidence from the solicitors that dealt my accident case proving that the vehicle was written off in the accident on the 5th July 2007.
Nowhere did it say that either of these correspondences had to be sent by recorded delivery, and it is not my fault if you claim this correspondence has not reached you. Section 7 of the Interpretation Act, 1978 says: “Unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing, pre-paying and posting a letter containing the document…” The Universal Postal Act also states that post becomes the recipients property as soon as it enters the post-box. This applies whether it is sent recorded delivery or not.

Where does it state in statute that I have to prove that you received the mailings?

I feel that I am being unfairly treated for the DVLA’s distinct lack of competence, as I do not believe that both of my mailings failed to reach their destination. Why should I be held responsible for your inefficiency and disorder? I have always correctly paid any vehicle excise duty due, on any vehicle that I have owned. That is why I deeply resent the fact I am now being hounded for £80.

As I understand, the purpose of SORN is to identify vehicle excise duty evaders, and to assist police and the authorities in combating vehicle crime, and you stipulate that you do not intend to persecute honest motorists by your use of the SORN system. In that case, are you inferring that I am a tax evader or criminal? I would like you to specifically answer this question, in your reply.

I will not be paying the £80 fine as this would be an admittance of guilt, and as I have said before, I am wholly innocent. If you intend to pursue this matter further then you should know that I will be contesting this every step of the way, and will also be seeking compensation for the time and effort expended on dealing with this unwelcome matter.

Please also be aware that I deem this letter to be step one in your ‘four step’ complaints process. If I do not hear from you within ten days, then I shall be contacting the Customer Service Manager at Swansea, which is step two. Ultimately, I will be contacting my MP if I do not receive a satisfactory conclusion to this situation.

Last edited by Fudgey; 12-09-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:48 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

a simple " fuck off" would have sufficed.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

LOL

the short version i started with was actually,

"get fucked you bunch of saggy cunts!"
Old 12-09-2009, 02:55 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i'm not sure what half the letters i get sent for sorn vehicles are for, i just sorn them if they turn up

however, one of the ltters went missing and i think they are going to start sending me th eold "you haven't sored your vehciel etc so pay the fine"

and then i'll have to tell them that i scraped it the day i bough tit and provide them with pics of said car/s in bits

i really should send off more log books with the words "scraped" on them, but the last itme i sorned a car, i got a thing through saying it wasn't, so just sent them the letter saying "there's your letter you sent me saying that it was sorned" and they worte back saying "we will let yuo off this time"
Old 12-09-2009, 03:15 PM
.Tel.
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I had something similar but when I sold a car. DVLA's shit hole post room apparently didn't receive the log book I sent off to them. I sent it recorded delivery, kept the receipt etc. About 3 MONTHS later, I received a letter about the usual SORN rubbish, shortly followed by a letter from a baliefdemanding money etc. Kindly called the credit firm, explained everything, they told me that it was no longer the anything to do with the DVLA and that if I didn't pay the money IMMEDIATELY, they'd send somebody to my house to remove any vehicle registered to me at my address

After calling DVLA again, presenting the fuck wits with proof of delivery etc of my log book, they swiftly apologised and that was that. Pure stupidness and crap communication throughout departments is where they fall on their arses.

Hope it all gets sorted out fella
Old 12-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

if thats the case they can come and get it. it doesnt exist tho. our daily work hack is in the wifes name, and my 3dr doesnt run
Old 12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

also in my letter i forgot put a paragraph about the dvla not actually being a governing body, therefore they cannot actually issue a fine.

but i will add that to the letter
Old 13-09-2009, 08:01 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a law-abiding citizen

lying cunt
Old 13-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Old 13-09-2009, 08:06 PM
dojj

my ones from about 5 years ago so i'll be fucked if i can find the recorded delivey recipt
Old 13-09-2009, 08:10 PM
dojj

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  53.8 KB

that's one

and this was taken on the 25th of july 2004

Name:  choppedgranny.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  140.0 KB
Old 13-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

the dvla is just one big scamming company. i

they seem to loose post left right and centre because that way they can make money!
DVLA are run like a business. Your not the customer, the government is.

Hence why it wouldnt surprise me if its later discovered that a percentage of post received is knowingly destroyed.

Also as a business tasked to make money for the government it makes sense for them to loose stuff as guess who has to pay for new this and that?? not them but YOU!!

Same with the "lost" driver records meaning people have to re-do test. Great money spinner for DVLA.
Originally Posted by tabetha
tabetha
And is totally illegal. A baliff has to be invited "across the threshold". Not many of them follow the rules though. Opening the door to someone is not legal implied consent.
Old 14-09-2009, 06:33 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a few years back i was at my sisters when a bailiff came to her house about a tax fine her ex had (she kicked him out 2 years earlier) intercredit passed the debt two the doorstep collections team ( i dont berlieve they do this now though as some of you said they just go straight to court) the bailiff showed his id and told her he was here to see mark re unpaid vehicle tax and would not be leaving without payment in some form , she told him to fuck off, and went to close door he put his foot in door then i heard her say "ouch" he grabbed her wrist, i was up from the sofa went out and he said are you mark ridler, i explained that my sister just told you he is not here, has not been for two years and she has no forwarding address for him now fuck off, he then told me to watch myself, i asked to see his bailiffs license and he laughed and told me to fuck off, i said that i will be contacting his employers about his conduct , he laughed agian and said i work for myself son now i suggest you get mark ridler to the door, i said do one, i turned to walk away and he put his hand on my shoulder, that was the biggest mistake of his life lol two solid punches and a head butt later he was on the deck screaming for help lmao, he then got the police but lucky for me a few neighbours heard the commotion and witneissed him putting hand on me to pull me back so i got off scot free, but thebest thing is he never lost his bailiffs license even though we wrote to the governing body 3 times.
Old 14-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

mozzy, goot plan but im a bit of a pussy

and yes, another letter turned up today

i better find a printer and photocopier asap.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:17 PM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

Get a few drinks down your neck every evening till they turn up at the door fudge.....we all know how much of a 'have a go hero' you are when you've had a few pmsl!!!! Failing that I'm sure Helen would tell them where to go for you!!!
Old 14-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

keep an iron bar by the door for such things. I also keep an axe close by.

I still get baliffs for the drug dealers who used to live here but none of them have been too aggressive yet.
Old 14-09-2009, 09:28 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
keep an iron bar by the door for such things. I also keep an axe close by.

I still get baliffs for the drug dealers who used to live here but none of them have been too aggressive yet.

He wants rid of them.. not a 5 stretch
Old 15-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

lol.

ill just throw the wife at any fucker that comes round, she scares the shit out of me, so i reckon that'll work lol

dug out all the soliciters letters just now... can find all execpt the one that sates how much i got paid for the bike etc...

got the overall claim total tho, so that will have to do...
Old 24-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

well i sent my letter off on the 22/9/09 and it was recieved by the dvla on the 23/9/09 as i sent it recored and tracked it.

today i got another letter from inter cretins international saying i have 72 hours to pay or they are taking me to court

cunts

nothing yet from the dvla...

Last edited by Fudgey; 24-09-2009 at 07:38 PM.