General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Some Bad News, With Qoute from my Old topic

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 AM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Bad News, With Qoute from my Old topic

Originally Posted by RSTurboSI
Few days ago i have been suffering with pain in my chest ''feels like i have been hit by a bus'' as at first it was miled and not too bad thinking it was just heart burn. well i finished work and was rather tired, very beatheless and also my chest was alot worse. I had some tea and then started to feel like i was going to fall over, i couldnt stand up, i couldnt balence, then within about 5-10seconds from my recall i started to go blind, Like when you get blood rush, The pain started to move alot, and really really hurting like being stabbed, Ran over then hit with a sledge hammer. I couldnt beather at that point, I was rushed into hospital, was put onto a life support, and then blood taken then went into xray, was to rest for 1hur 3min and my blood came back Positive = Blood Clot. I was resting and on a life support untill my heart and lung recover and the clot move, i had 4injections. 1 in the stumec, one in the chest, one in the leg, and one in my right arm. Witch was to thinen the blood. (dont remmber the name)

Now i went into have my C.a.t scan and it came back with blood clot in my right lung and my lung collasped.. they are putting it down to a stroke at the age of 21.

Blood taken again later that day and its come back negitive so all is well.

As some know, the above happend around a good month or two now. On thursday i had a letter from the doctor who had seen me and been treating me, i also had a report from him and my Doctor.

The bad news,

Well, I was told that your Heart is ment to stop growing around 25years of age, That would be Fully Developed. Well my heart is 7 years down, which = to 14 years of age, my heart stoped growning and that its smaller than it should be, this is what caused my problems, Blood clot and Lung Problem as my heart is trying to pump around my blood but cant cope with my sports, boxing, and training i had been doing.. They are going to be keep checking on that my heart is growing. if its not, then by the time im 42, my heart will stop, and no longer be able to Pump my blood around, i had a good chat with my doctor and the only way to sort my problem, over time if my heart dont grow correct, and my lung size dont grow correct, then i would need to have a heart transplant.

They are seeing this as a high risk, for my age atm, and the fact is if they try and operate now, it could kill me, So im on new tablets, and more drugs to try and help the blood get around and keep the strain from the heart to try and get it to grow better, and me be stronger,

I have lots of pain inside my chest, between the top of the left rib, and the bottem of the left side of my body, i feal very light headed and ive lost my apertite to eat..

its a bad monent for me, and to be told a age limit is kinda scary, but they are doing what they can..

i thought everyone that was abit worryed about what had happend, would like to know the out come.

They have said this isnt rear, and what scared me the most was a young 22 year old 2 weeks ago died of the same as whats wrong with me, but they didnt notice anything, and wasnt quick enuff to treat him correctly.

Last edited by RSTurboSI; 08-09-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

fuckin el mate you dont expect to hear that in someone so young.i wish you all the best and its amazing the stuff surgeons can do nowadays so try to keep your chin up.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Terrible news mate, I take it they'll register you for a transplant if/when they think the risk is likely to be lowest??

Really feel for you just now buddy. Can't imagine what you're feeling like.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know how you must be feeling mate, trust me. Terrible isn't it

At least they are aware of the condition (unlike the other unlucky guy) and can hopefully do lots for you mate
Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 AM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Terrible news mate, I take it they'll register you for a transplant if/when they think the risk is likely to be lowest??

Really feel for you just now buddy. Can't imagine what you're feeling like.

Cheers,
Grant

I have had to resigeter on the blood Doner, Also heart and lung. I also have to see my doctor, each week on a friday evening, before 5, and then once a month have scans, they said because a C.A.T scan is alot of money, they will do a normal Scan, which will still analise my heart, and lungs,

The guy that died i think two weeks ago, went into the hospital with the same condtion as me, Clot in the right lung, they told him to rest, went to NHS direct, and then die that night, as the clot spread to his heart and blocked his main artery to his blood stream, this was on the news, trying to find it but dont seam to beable to, as i know they suied the NSH for 150,000

I'm ok, i just find myself being tired 24/7 also having pains still, and getting wired feelings, Loss of energy.

Best thing the doctors told me todo is, Not to panic, otherwise it could all happen again. never felt like this before, and the doctors are trying to find my old documents from when i was born, as they keep them untill you die, from what they said,

also, i do have tosay, on a + note, the doctor i have to see on a weekly basis, is a fitty.. so its like going on a date but really to make sure im fine.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Turner RS
Regular Contributor

feel for you mate, stay positive keep smiling.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:49 AM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i really should go give blood as im o neg and it can be giving to anyone.its just i hate needles and nearly fainted last time
Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 AM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by stevenebm
i really should go give blood as im o neg and it can be giving to anyone.its just i hate needles and nearly fainted last time

Some people are scared of needles, but they aint so bad once its in
Makes you a little weak for a hour or so, then all back to normal.

i dont blaime anyone who dont like to give blood, or is scared.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 AM
bristol_fez
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

all the best with the treatment chap.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Shit mate that must be hard to cope with

All the best eh!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I'm sorry to here this mate, I geniunely am. In this day and age it's amazing what they can do for people, and I'm sure they'll fix you up. All the best, and if you need to talk, message me.

Benni.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 AM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Thanks for all the support everyone, incl benni.

That was the hole reasson i posted this, as i know that your all suportive.

Im Just scared of sleeping atm, i might sound a girl, or a pussy boy, But i have wired dreams of like what warren was posting along while ago, not the pictures, but things, Like me getting killed in wired ways, i then wake up, out of bearth, and spend the next hour or so caliming down and making sure that i breath...

3 nights ago, i had a dream about my faimly, i dont speak to my real dad or my brothers, two of them, i had a dream that i was about and then was shot in the forhead 3 times by them, one shot each, i aint had a good dream in a long while.. its scary sometimes.

But i do know that if i need support, i know where togo.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Keep yer chin up and hope your treatment works well,and is not too painful

All the best fella
Old 08-09-2009, 12:05 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

very very sorry to hear this

try and stay positive and hopefully your heart will grow and that will be the end of it; at worst case a transplant

with regards to the dreams; it might be worth finding something that helps relax you before you go to bed; maybe books or something like that

i really should carry a doner card, but i dont
Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
very very sorry to hear this

try and stay positive and hopefully your heart will grow and that will be the end of it; at worst case a transplant

with regards to the dreams; it might be worth finding something that helps relax you before you go to bed; maybe books or something like that

i really should carry a doner card, but i dont

i cant really do alot of reading before bed, such as a book, as i lose intrest. but Im still waiting for Neil, and Fastford to bring something real funny out again, that normaly cracks me up, but thats normaly what i do, read The fastford mags, go back a few years and read what happend in 2007-09. which normaly helps me. i ust to beable to smoke a fag and a coffee, but i cant now. had to quite
Old 08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

think positivly and that there is something that you can do know you know there is a problem

mate of mine died of a heart defect that he didn't even know about
no one could beleive it when the autopsy revealved that he had a heart problem, he was bar far the fittest bloke i saw on a day to day basis

i'm sure the docs will do everything they can to find a solution
Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Also sorry to hear this. must be horrible.
At least they know what is wrong and have a plan of what to do for you.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:21 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Very sorry to read about this mate

Stay positive, always someone worse off than you.

Steve
Old 08-09-2009, 05:04 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah thats shit dude,hope it works out for ya
Old 08-09-2009, 05:12 PM
RUPERT THE BIG HAIRY BEAR
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

hope all the best for you fella must be shit what ur going throuigh
Old 08-09-2009, 05:28 PM
yes that is my head

fucking hell simon, hope all go's well mate
Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear this ,hope all is well in the end & as for not sleeping i find it best to pull one off first i sleep like a baby then good luck with your treatment.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 AM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by andy escos
sorry to hear this ,hope all is well in the end & as for not sleeping i find it best to pull one off first i sleep like a baby then good luck with your treatment.

thanks everyone Love you all