General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Biker Snared by front facing camera.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Biker Snared by front facing camera.....

What a pilliock

A motorcyclist who did 81mph in a 30mph built-up area has been banned after police identified him from front-facing speed camera pictures.
Gary Lacey, 48, had also been snapped riding at 77, 69, 63, 61 and twice at 38mph.
On each occasion front-facing cameras had been unable to capture his number plate but he was caught when officers waited for him on his commute to work.
He was identified from his helmet and Kawasaki ZX-6R which had a missing mirror.
The welder from Southampton pleaded guilty to the speeding offences.
He was banned for two years, fined £1,300 and ordered to pay £70 costs and a £15 victim surcharge by magistrates.
The offences took place over a six-week period this summer on Southampton’s Maybray King Way, St Mary’s Place and Northam Bridge.
Barry Keel, representing Lacey, told Southampton Magistrates’ Court: “Until he got this bike he didn’t have a problem keeping to the speed limits. He doesn’t have the same problem when driving his car.”
Lacey said his “biking days were over”.
Hampshire’s Bikesafe co-ordinator PC Mick Gear told MCN how stickers on the bike also helped trap Lacey.
Gear said: “The mirror on the offside is missing, the bike has slide damage down the right side and there’s a torn Ace Café sticker on the screen along with a square decal which disappears after a couple of images.
"When the bike was stopped and compared the square glue patch was still present and everything else matched the enforcement images.
"Lacey was interviewed with a legal advisor present and admitted every offence from the first account and pleaded guilty on the first hearing.”
Gear Warned: “Even if we have not got their registration number there are other ways of identifying them.”

Old 06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
graham c
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats mint on the back wheel
Old 06-09-2009, 08:29 AM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a dipstick
Old 06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

what a total knob
Old 06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice wheelie.

How much man power to persue a speeder. Wish they put that much attention in to burglaries and other crimes.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 AM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i used to do it on my 1200 bandit all he time a few yrs back always got the camera to flash then one day it never flashed so i didnt bother after thank fook i got a works van now or it could be me
Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 AM
uruk hai
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What a complete and utter knob, he deserved everything he got
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

the last 2 pictures are a different bike and different set of leathers, how is that proof?...pmsl
Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Oranoco

How much man power to persue a speeder. Wish they put that much attention in to burglaries and other crimes.
+1
Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by sapph1
+1
Probly cos burglaries are done by low life scum that don't hav a pot to piss in unless they hav nicked it and wouldn't be able to pay a fine like that

Besides its more newsworthy to write abouit a speeder than a burglar who is only a statistic
Old 06-09-2009, 09:15 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiky
the last 2 pictures are a different bike and different set of leathers, how is that proof?...pmsl
der, thats because the last 4 are some sample pictures of what bikers have been doing to forward facing cameras!!!

steve

Last edited by The Youth.; 06-09-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 AM
uruk hai

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Nice wheelie.

How do you know that that much attention isnt put into burglaries and other crimes ? They should have made him pay the full cost of the investigation and court case for being such a prick !
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by uruk hai
How do you know that that much attention isnt put into burglaries and other crimes ? They should have made him pay the full cost of the investigation and court case for being such a prick !
I totally agree, whilst normally id say the same thing about drivers being picked on, on this occasion they did right he was fully taking the piss, its not like it was a one off is it? Prick deserved it!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:36 AM
uruk hai

I think it makes it worse for us all, this kind of retarded behaviour ends up being used as justification for tighter speed controls.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

the moral of the story is to have a totally standard bike with plain riding gear so it is harder for them to pin it on you - and don't be a twat and admit to it, make them prove it
Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Tommys1turbo
Tommy Turbo

funny as you like this is, he was unlucky to get done, but at the end off the day fair play for havin a go! speed cameras should all be banned, one community have got rid of them all, maybe if the speed camera was not there he wouldnt have felt the need to speed in the first place??? love the wheelie of the different bike
Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommys1turbo
funny as you like this is, he was unlucky to get done, but at the end off the day fair play for havin a go! speed cameras should all be banned, one community have got rid of them all, maybe if the speed camera was not there he wouldnt have felt the need to speed in the first place??? love the wheelie of the different bike
Fair play for having a go? 81mph in a 30? Aye ok!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I think it makes it worse for us all, this kind of retarded behaviour ends up being used as justification for tighter speed controls.
I do agree with this, its a bit like all young drivers being tarred with the same brush when it comes to insurance premiums, not all young drivers drive like idiots, but i think the amount of emphasis that is put on 'speed kills' is ridiculous, whilst i agree that excessive speed in the wrong hands, at the wrong time and wrong place is a recipe for disaster, there are other supposedly 'safe' drivers out there that drive within the speed limit that never indicate, have no idea of lane discipline, and have generally got no regard for other road users that are just as dangerous imo as someone who may be going a few mph over the limit.

Only difference being, that its a lot more difficult to prosecute these people because chances are, they dont do any of these things in view of a camera.

I dont care what people say, the main reason for speed cameras etc is to make money.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Trist
Advanced PassionFord User

This is a pic of a mate of mine. the car behind was off duty police and took his plate down

Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Total wanker, gives decent bikers a bad name.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 AM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

why is there no mention of the bike being seized ?????????????????

its a valid question as sometimes you see it mentioned the offender gets his wheels robbed by the goverment for sale at auction.

seems he got away with it.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by wirralphil
and a £15 victim surcharge
Thats the part that pissed me off the most when i got caught, what victims????? the environment as i was burning excessive fuel

Still did anyone notice the fine limit is set @ 35mph! always thought it was a bit closer to 40
Old 06-09-2009, 11:27 AM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sapph1
I do agree with this, its a bit like all young drivers being tarred with the same brush when it comes to insurance premiums, not all young drivers drive like idiots, but i think the amount of emphasis that is put on 'speed kills' is ridiculous, whilst i agree that excessive speed in the wrong hands, at the wrong time and wrong place is a recipe for disaster, there are other supposedly 'safe' drivers out there that drive within the speed limit that never indicate, have no idea of lane discipline, and have generally got no regard for other road users that are just as dangerous imo as someone who may be going a few mph over the limit.

Only difference being, that its a lot more difficult to prosecute these people because chances are, they dont do any of these things in view of a camera.

I dont care what people say, the main reason for speed cameras etc is to make money.

I agree here, there are no bad driving cameras! Some cameras round here are purely there for traffic flow, if everyone sticks to the speed limit people can get out of the junctions they are near, without them there would never be a gap. The rest are just money makers.
This bloke deserves what he got though. I'm not saying i dont speed but its not like he was doing 80 in a NSL is it. If you look at the road theres a pedestrian crossing just near the camera site.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

He got properly unlucky there, I expect he made the incorrect assumption that the police thought things like catching rapists was a more valuable use of their apparently very limited resources, clearly he was wrong.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
uruk hai

He didnt exactly make it hard for them, given the amount of times he went throught the camera at high speed I would imagine it was just a case of waiting by that camera at just before the time of day or night he had been caught previously.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

He didnt exactly make it hard for them, given the amount of times he went throught the camera at high speed I would imagine it was just a case of waiting by that camera at just before the time of day or night he had been caught previously.
There are different time and location numbers on those screenshots
Old 06-09-2009, 12:33 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Although the camera may be set to flash at 35+ this has nothing to do with whether to prosecute, most operate the 10% plus 3, but this is not law, and 1mph over can get you nicked.
Personally I think the man is a arse, 81 in a 30 built up area, but it pisses me off that plod think 85 on a deserted motorway deserves a ticket.
Did you know that the camera cannot distinguish objects, so when sited in as say a 60mph limit a car doing 61 can get flashed, if set that low, but a 44ton artic can do 20 mph over his b class road limit with immunity, I wonder which is more dangerous ?
Time we had police on roads instead of cash generator scameras.
tabetha
Old 06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Dlatch!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tabetha
Although the camera may be set to flash at 35+ this has nothing to do with whether to prosecute, most operate the 10% plus 3, but this is not law, and 1mph over can get you nicked.
Personally I think the man is a arse, 81 in a 30 built up area, but it pisses me off that plod think 85 on a deserted motorway deserves a ticket.
Did you know that the camera cannot distinguish objects, so when sited in as say a 60mph limit a car doing 61 can get flashed, if set that low, but a 44ton artic can do 20 mph over his b class road limit with immunity, I wonder which is more dangerous ?
Time we had police on roads instead of cash generator scameras.
tabetha
Have they not brought in/bringing in, strips that can tell how heavy vehicle is?
I always slow to the lorry limits, never chance it.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

one other thing i feel should be pointed out is he flipped the v up at the camera.

thats a big no no, the snide looking at the film must of dropped his hot dog when he saw that the person who should be paying his wages and xmas bonus is getting away without a fine and making a mockery of the way the camera works.
after a few of them i reckon it was a all points bullitin and a stake out waiting for the bike,them lot don't like a smart arse and it reminds me of the old bastard who was caught using both hands off the steering wheel to flick the v's, the dozy old cunt got done for speeding and to rub salt in the wound he got done for dangerous driving cos he had no control of the car
Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 PM
uruk hai

Originally Posted by Chip
There are different time and location numbers on those screenshots
I know that but every offence was commited on one stretch of road according to the MCN article and they just waited along the route he took to work, hence why it wasnt exactly hard for them to get him.