General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Focus ST Forums?

Search this Thread

Old 31-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Focus ST Forums?

Done the Google search, found a few that look quite new anyone know ones worth looking at?

Got the company car going soon might be taking the plunge. really worth looking out a ST3 over ST2 etc? How are they to live with in cost terms over say ST170?

Old 31-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.ffoc.co.uk is the best ford focus forum in my opinion, you also have the www.focusstoc.com forums but that is very cliquey along with www.fiestastoc.com which are both run by the same group of people, arses basically
Old 31-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

The FFOC is a load of rubbish in my opinion. The moderation on their is awful, and as soon as a thread goes off topic in the slightest it is locked. Once a question is answered, even if the people are still having a friendly discussion the thread will be locked because an answer has been given. People could be having a friendly discussion which has gone on to page 5, they'll panic and lock it. You come out with the word 'Boob' and I think they'll call the Police. LOL.

As for the Focus ST forum, well, according to those clowns there is no better car out their than a Focus ST, and something like a Golf R32 is badly built in comparison, heavy and slow and doesn't sound as good. The things they come out with to justify their cars being better than everything else, and I mean everything, is madness.

If you want a good Focus forum. www.focusowners.com is the best I think. Moderation is relaxed, and the people are nicer. Not that I've been on for a while, but it's a good forum. Free access to the mens room too.

All in my opinion of course!

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 31-08-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 31-08-2009, 04:38 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

ffoc is shit!!! I used to be a member on there, but it went hugely tits up a few years ago. I logged back on recently to see if thigs had changed, which they had, they'd got worse

focusowners is a much friendlier site, but full of chavs. STOC is probably your best bet
Old 31-08-2009, 04:43 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

tbh i think a lot of single make/model forums are the same, they all think they are the best.

An accord type r forum (www.accordr.org) that I browse every now and again is hilarious. They are on about beating porsches etc, another good one is they were talking about the new focus st, they were like I'm sure its a nice car, but they were convinced that a honda accord is a much better car to use on track, and will be quicker in a straight line
Old 31-08-2009, 04:58 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Here's a few for you...

http://www.accordr.org/index.php?showtopic=21283

I was quite shocked that anyone with the money to buy an NSX would use Asda 95 RON fuel.

thats a disgrace lol.... i bet he was the 13th owner or something, another one that can't afford to properly run it

who indeed cares... WE DO.. its a HONDA!

http://www.accordr.org/index.php?showtopic=21997&hl=

anyone know or care to make an educated guess as to the 30-130 time through the gears for the accord type R?

Mine does it in roughly the same amount of time it takes my foot to reach the floor

http://www.accordr.org/index.php?showtopic=18997&hl=

I have never seen another ATR since i've owned one.

i never saw another ever, made me feel special.

It was the GT le, as i understand it they released it in 99 after they won the touring cars. It had the multispoke 16's and different leather interior. It was a great car, not the fastest in straight line but could hold its own but the handling was superb, much like the ATR.

Mine was deffo some kind of limited edition after the touring car win. I fitted the HKS induction kit, made such a difference.

The fact that the car is a feckin legend, may have a fair bit to do with it......

Yes, they are being serious

And yes, I'm fucking bored
Old 31-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Glad I am not the only one who thinks the FFOC is shit.

Benni.

Trending Topics

Old 31-08-2009, 05:46 PM
n13los
PassionFord Regular

i used to use ffoc. didnt renew my membership about 2 years ago. stopped using it around then as what i could access wasn't worth seeing.
when i joined focusstoc there were less than 100 memebers, they helped me find my car when there was a long waiting list, but stopped visiting the site shortly after due to the introduction of fees and the cliqueyness. i would say that this site is the best and there are quite a few st owners on here.

i see your looking for an ST, heres a nice one
https://passionford.com/forum/cars-f...focus-st2.html
Old 31-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tried the Stownersclub ?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

K, mixed replies lol...

Been looking round STOC a lot, FFOC better for earlier Focus' by looks of it.

Originally Posted by n13los
i used to use ffoc. didnt renew my membership about 2 years ago. stopped using it around then as what i could access wasn't worth seeing.
when i joined focusstoc there were less than 100 memebers, they helped me find my car when there was a long waiting list, but stopped visiting the site shortly after due to the introduction of fees and the cliqueyness. i would say that this site is the best and there are quite a few st owners on here.

i see your looking for an ST, heres a nice one
https://passionford.com/forum/cars-f...focus-st2.html
Nice, like what you did there

Cheers though am on STOC now...

Last edited by Ad4m RST; 01-09-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM
dave_st170
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

www.allfords.net

My little forum for Fords
Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Little? It has 33,000 + Members. Lol!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
CarbonRick
PF Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Benni
Glad I am not the only one who thinks the FFOC is shit.

Benni.
+1.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 AM
tsutton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I use http://www.fordstownersclub.co.uk
Old 03-09-2009, 11:48 AM
mozzy
Ford for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benni
The FFOC is a load of rubbish in my opinion. The moderation on their is awful, and as soon as a thread goes off topic in the slightest it is locked. Once a question is answered, even if the people are still having a friendly discussion the thread will be locked because an answer has been given. People could be having a friendly discussion which has gone on to page 5, they'll panic and lock it. You come out with the word 'Boob' and I think they'll call the Police. LOL.

As for the Focus ST forum, well, according to those clowns there is no better car out their than a Focus ST, and something like a Golf R32 is badly built in comparison, heavy and slow and doesn't sound as good. The things they come out with to justify their cars being better than everything else, and I mean everything, is madness.

If you want a good Focus forum. www.focusowners.com is the best I think. Moderation is relaxed, and the people are nicer. Not that I've been on for a while, but it's a good forum. Free access to the mens room too.

All in my opinion of course!

Benni.
I agree with that, I was a paid up member with the ffoc for a couple of years I went to loads of shows and meets with them then a mate asked me if i could advertise his 900 mile st3 on there and as it was such a bargain i said ok then i noticed the add had been removed so i asked the moderator why and he said we are not allowed to advertise other peoples cars to protect the club members I asked how this protects people and he could not give me an answer, the following day i noticed the same mod was selling "his friends car" through the clubs for sale section I asked him why he can and i cant and he was a bit rude so i told him what a wanker he is etc and then i was band for life, what a fucking joke, the ffoc is full of idiots and and the mods etc are fucking useless. i did make some good mates on the ffoc but thats as far as it went, there was even one guy on the called gandalf that has aspergers disease which makes him believe he is right about everything and if you point out to him that he is actually wrong all you get is abuse off of other members because of his illness. the club is crap and thats that

Last edited by mozzy; 03-09-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:13 PM
jundy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

I think i got the most technical advice on the ffoc but like mentioned above they are rather lame in moderating and have alot of arsy people on there. Couple of good guys what made that forum good for me.

Im currently on the Focusowners and focusstoc and both of them are quite relaxed, focusowners rather too relaxed as sometimes my posts dont even get a reply.

If your getting a Focus ST then deffo focusstoc and be a paid up member, the banks of knowledge and what to do when anything goes wrong is endless. Also in regards to preformace mods, they have great comparison writeups there aswell. I would simply recommend it for just that.
I think you will get characters where ever you go and focusstoc is no exception but i still find it helpful and alive.
Old 18-03-2013, 02:41 PM
monkeyra
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

And the new kid on the block is http://www.Focus.ST