General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Targeting criminals same as targeting poor people???

Search this Thread

Old 26-12-2009, 08:31 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
It is supposed to be a democracy....but I'm not convinced.
Its a democracy, want proof, look at north korea, now that is NOT a democracy! He's banned facebook ffs!
Old 26-12-2009, 08:34 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Slamz
Its a democracy, want proof, look at north korea, now that is NOT a democracy! He's banned facebook ffs!
Maybe it doesnt sound so bad there after all lol
Old 26-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver

What i find funny is that all the criminals go on about their individual rights yet fail to understand the concept that with rights comes responsibility for your own actions!
Exactly, what about my rights for people not to steal my doormat. What about my feelings?

"So are all the rules just and right ?"

No. But you have to accept the rules or try democratically to have them altered. There are some issues I am conservative on such as punishment, there are some issues I'm Liberal on such as nude bathing. The rules as they stand fall somewhere in the middle. I have to accept that or vote for the party that most matches my ideas. If there are none I spoil my vote.
Old 26-12-2009, 08:37 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

why do the NI people want to carry on being part of the UK? surely a united ireland is in your own interests in defining your own laws?
but yes, you break a law your a criminal no matter how trivial you see it. dont get me wrong ive broken a few biggies in my time so im no do gooder but you take the punishment if caught.
i used that defence once on a motoring offence and the judge replied "it might be trivial to you but a rapist could argue at least im not a murderer, where does it end?"
Old 26-12-2009, 08:50 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

I dont see how a united ireland would benefit anyone. We'd get shit fuel, roads would go to pot, we'd get taxed even heavier than what we currently do, there would be less jobs, health system would cost more, education would suffer. And there would be even more paedofile priests molesting young children.

And regardless we'd still have no say over the laws, as politicians do whatever the fuck they like, regardless of what the people want, exactly the same as mainland UK.
We most certainly dont need any more laws created, there are plenty for the police and "justice" system to work with already.
If only they would bother their arses. For all the laws that there are...can you honestly say we live in a better society than say 30 years ago with fewer laws ?

I certainly dont think so.

That judge might want to try and convict and punish more criminals then, instead of making stupid comments.
Old 27-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

NI does have a strange local legal system, well the way its administered anyway!