General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Targeting criminals same as targeting poor people???

Search this Thread

Old 25-12-2009, 08:42 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cossiejay
and as for being able to smell smoke and drink on people what about people that dont have a bath or asian people that smell do we ban them from city centres as well
what the fuck are you on about
Old 25-12-2009, 08:43 PM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slamz
what the fuck are you on about
read all the posts
Old 25-12-2009, 08:45 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

read all the posts
I did, and still haven't the faintest what your on about
Old 25-12-2009, 09:40 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lol @ Cossiejay... you're not shy with your posts mate, asian people smell? I assume you're implying curry etc?? What about British scum that smell of Lidl own brand beans and value pack ham??

Cheers,
Grant
Old 25-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
lol @ Cossiejay... you're not shy with your posts mate, asian people smell? I assume you're implying curry etc?? What about British scum that smell of Lidl own brand beans and value pack ham??

Cheers,
Grant
Ha ha top post lol.
Old 25-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo

We pay more than enough tax on fuel, that should cover all insurance, and all duties for using the roads, and leave plenty over. Any other charges imposed on motorists are totally criminal. ie road tax and insurance.
Er, yeah, OK.

Someone driving more miles buys more fuel and is at more risk of an accident than someone doing low miles, but isn't necessarily a bigger risk - either because of skill, experience, or attitude.

Then there is the value of the car to be insured - someone in a big, old inefficient car because he can't afford a newer car, uses more fuel but replacing his car would cost a lot less than the riskier driver in the new, expensive car. So to say that the duty on fuel should cover your insurance is nonsensical.

I don't approve of much of what the government does, but if they don't take the money from us in discretionary taxes, like those on motoring, they will have to take it from direct taxation. Either way we pay, but at least this way we have some element of choice about whether to pay and how much to pay.
Old 25-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RS Grant
What about British scum that smell of Lidl own brand beans and value pack ham??

fpmsl
Old 25-12-2009, 10:28 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
Er, yeah, OK.

Someone driving more miles buys more fuel and is at more risk of an accident than someone doing low miles, but isn't necessarily a bigger risk - either because of skill, experience, or attitude.

Then there is the value of the car to be insured - someone in a big, old inefficient car because he can't afford a newer car, uses more fuel but replacing his car would cost a lot less than the riskier driver in the new, expensive car. So to say that the duty on fuel should cover your insurance is nonsensical.

I don't approve of much of what the government does, but if they don't take the money from us in discretionary taxes, like those on motoring, they will have to take it from direct taxation. Either way we pay, but at least this way we have some element of choice about whether to pay and how much to pay.
????

How do we have a choice ? If we want to drive, we pay a fucking fortune., with dozens of laws to fine us if we dont, or threaten theft of our property. And then every other week a new law or fine is created to make them more money.

Motoring for me in many respects is a hobby.....why the hell should that hobby be taxed as heavily as it is ? Income tax is supposed to fund the running of the country, not motorists.

And how exactly does basic third party legal cover thats required have anything to do with the value or age of the car ?
It doesnt at all.

And who says a big old car will use more fuel than a big newer car ?

Fuel consumption figures havent improved dramatically for any big cars that Ive seen over the past 10-15 years or so. Hell, even my big ole shitbox can manage fuel consumptiuon better than a lot of Evo's etc

If the government wanted to sort the uninsured driver problem, they could do so very easily. If basic third party cover was on the cost of fuel...after extortionate taxes are removed of course. EVERY driver would be covered. Thats so simple, even the dumbest person should see it.
Some may pay more, some may pay less. What difference does it make ? The vehicle, old or new can still do a lot of damage to whatever it hits. The vehicle being driven is totally irrelevant.

The legal requirement of third party cover has fuck all to do with the vehicle being driven. Its only to ensure the third party gets some form of financial compensation if there is an accident.

But thats getting off topic.

The legal sytem does penalise those less well off in many ways, that is of course until you get to the real criminal level. Then the legal system seems to be their best friend.
Old 25-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

????

How do we have a choice ? If we want to drive, we pay a fucking fortune.

And how exactly does basic third party legal cover thats required have anything to do with the value or age of the car ?
It doesnt at all.

And who says a big old car will use more fuel than a big newer car ?

Fuel consumption figures havent improved dramatically for any big cars that Ive seen over the past 10-15 years or so. Hell, even my big ole shitbox can manage fuel consumptiuon better than a lot of Evo's etc

If the government wanted to sort the uninsured driver problem, they could do so very easily. If basic third party cover was on the cost of fuel...after extortionate taxes are removed of course. EVERY driver would be covered. Thats so simple, even the dumbest person should see it.
Some may pay more, some may pay less. What difference does it make ? The vehicle, old or new can still do a lot of damage to whatever it hits. The vehicle being driven is totally irrelevant.

The legal requirement of third party cover has fuck all to do with the vehicle being driven. Its only to ensure the third party gets some form of financial compensation if there is an accident.
It's discretionary taxation because in many places you could get the bus or a train or even cycle or walk, like what ordinary working people used to in the "good old days". Then, they lived closer to where they worked. It's only in fairly recent years that we've felt a need (or a right!) to live miles away and commute every day.

The cost of 3rd party cover won't have anything to do with the value of the car YOU drive, but the performance of that car and the skills, experience or attitude of the driver WILL decide the claim rates, so why should careful, low mileage drivers pay even more for this "free insurance for all"?

The fuel economy of modern cars has improved hugely over recent years, partly as more have moved to diesel but who would have seen cars coming to market with the claimed economy of some new cars? That means the poor people, driving older, less efficient cars will need to pay for more fuel to cover the same distance as better-off people driving the newer cars. And as you are the one moaning about discrimination against poor people I would have thought that you could see that.

And while I feel terribly sorry for the innocent victims of accidents, I don't actually feel that it is up to me to compensate them, unless I'm the one who caused the accident.

Maybe North Korea would suit your requirements. Though you wouldn't be very free to live your life your way there!

Last edited by Iain Mac; 25-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 25-12-2009, 11:11 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

You miss it completely.

Many people have little control over where they work. So they do not choose to live miles away from their work and drive to it. Sometimes there is little choice.

In my previous job as an electrician, I could work anywhere from down the street, to maybe a hundred miles away. I guess you think carrying tools/equipment etc on public transport is a sensible or practical option for that ? Or maybe I should move house every day to one near my job ? Or just buy multiple houses ?

No....not everyone sits on their ass in a lazy office job all day. Some people actually NEED to travel in the course of their work. In fact I suspect millions do. No form of public transport can accomodate that. Even more so over here, as the public transport system is totally shit, largely due to the semi rural nature of the country.
Work available has changed a lot over the years, many jobs are within the big cities...but then, many people cant afford to live in teh city, so again they need to move further afield and commute.. Many years ago, villages and towns were built around large workplaces, so people didnt need to commute as you say.
The world has changed a lot since then !!!
Some people cant live near their work...as their workplace moves. And that does cover a hell of a lot of people. Its only the naive lazy gits who sit on their fat asses in an office, who cant see that.
Well, politicians can see the awkwardness of working away from where you live.....except they get free second homes bought and paid for by us so they dont have to pay like we do to travel. They just get us to buy them homes near their work !. Then they get free transport and cars to chauffeur them about.

The cost of 3rd party cover won't have anything to do with the value of the car YOU drive, but the performance of that car and the skills, experience or attitude of the driver WILL decide the claim rates, so why should careful, low mileage drivers pay even more for this "free insurance for all"?
3rd party insurance oddly does vary on the car being insured, and doesnt take into consideration skill or attitude of any driver. Previous no claims is no real reflection of this. If anything, more modern cars should pay a lot more insurance, as they cost far more to repair. Many even being written off with minor damage due to the massive repair costs.
I suspect small cheap cars are involved in more accidents than larger high performance cars, and can do equally as much damage. And that careful low milage driver wont pay anywhere near as much....as they wont be using as much fuel. Simple.

And you already pay for others accidents anyway. Insurance goes into a pool of money, so everyone pays....well, what isnt taken oiut as insurance tax by the government. SO you, as a motorist are already compensating these people, probably a hell of a lot more than need be.

So which would be better ? Every motorist paying into an insurance fund via fuel costs ? Or having millions of un-insured drivers who pay absolutely nothing that they will never sort out ? And we the insured drivers end up paying for them anyway.

It really cant be that difficult of a question to answer.
Old 25-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm over in holland at the min and went to the local pub where everyone was smoking inside. Woke up the next day with a sore throat and stinking like an ashtray, funny thing is even the smokers were saying how horrible it was inside the pub and that it made them realise the smoking ban is a good thing.

Not very relevent bt food for thought
Old 26-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Roscco
Warren, i've nothing constructive to add................ totally stunned.
im stunned that someone ressurected a dead thread where the main theme wasnt about smoking, but an attitude by some that targetting criminals is picking on poor people.

Shame the pro smokers went off on one!
Old 26-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You know what i cant understand, how can anyone with an ouse of sense be pro smoking? There is not 1 thing that people benefit from smoking but many a downside, i can understand why people get pissed or do drugs or anything that has risk of health associated with it as they get pleasure from it but smoking i just dont get lol.

I understand that its each to there own and smokers have the right to smoke as its there choice in life but just cant understand why anyone would want to smoke?

Any smokers care to enlighten me on why they smoke and what they get from smoking ? There must be something good that out weights or equals all the health risks to make it worth while smoking surely?
Old 26-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
You know what i cant understand, how can anyone with an ouse of sense be pro smoking? There is not 1 thing that people benefit from smoking but many a downside, i can understand why people get pissed or do drugs or anything that has risk of health associated with it as they get pleasure from it but smoking i just dont get lol.
Smoking is a drug, and you can't claim one is acceptable and one isn't. People get a pleasure from smoking, just like people get a pleasure from other drugs.

Benni.
Old 26-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

this is a free country
you really are dumb if you think this is a free country!
give people a bit of power ............. i bet you wish you had not posted this
you think i have power? security guards have virtually no powers or responsibility!

Why would i wish i not posted? Should i be afraid of an arguement over the internet and what a few people who ive never met think of me? Get real.

Maybe people should keep on the original topic.
Old 26-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

The legal sytem does penalise those less well off in many ways, that is of course until you get to the real criminal level. Then the legal system seems to be their best friend.
how does it? Everyone has access to a duty solicitor if needed.

all fines are means tested specifically so that poor people dont get penalised proportionality more. of course the rich wont care if its a Ł60 fine or Ł10k as they can afford it but that situation wont effect 99% of people getting fines.
Old 26-12-2009, 05:50 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
Smoking is a drug, and you can't claim one is acceptable and one isn't. People get a pleasure from smoking, just like people get a pleasure from other drugs.

Benni.
I didnt say any drug was acceptable, what i did say is i can understand why people take them, ie smoke blow you get stoned etc.

I dont see me mates buzzing off there tits after having a fag lol

You say people get pleasure from smoking, obviously they must do otherwise they wouldnt smoke, so what is the pleasure? thats what i'm asking.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

the pleasure can only be the addiction to nicotine.

Unless they count standing and nattering to a mate in the freezing cold a social pleasure?
Old 26-12-2009, 09:11 AM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i am the sort of working class person who wants to live life my way in a country where you dont get fined for everything you do ie snowed this week ,we live on a hill so a lot of folk could not get there cars up and had to leave them at the bottom of the hill,result 45 parking tickets on cars that could not go anywhere,and as for being able to smell smoke and drink on people what about people that dont have a bath or asian people that smell do we ban them from city centres as well
Possibly the most spastic post I have ever seen on pf, and thats saying something.
Old 26-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You miss it completely.

Many people have little control over where they work. So they do not choose to live miles away from their work and drive to it. Sometimes there is little choice.

In my previous job as an electrician, I could work anywhere from down the street, to maybe a hundred miles away. I guess you think carrying tools/equipment etc on public transport is a sensible or practical option for that ? Or maybe I should move house every day to one near my job ? Or just buy multiple houses ?

No....not everyone sits on their ass in a lazy office job all day. Some people actually NEED to travel in the course of their work. In fact I suspect millions do. No form of public transport can accomodate that. Even more so over here, as the public transport system is totally shit, largely due to the semi rural nature of the country.
Work available has changed a lot over the years, many jobs are within the big cities...but then, many people cant afford to live in teh city, so again they need to move further afield and commute.. Many years ago, villages and towns were built around large workplaces, so people didnt need to commute as you say.
The world has changed a lot since then !!!
Some people cant live near their work...as their workplace moves. And that does cover a hell of a lot of people. Its only the naive lazy gits who sit on their fat asses in an office, who cant see that.
Well, politicians can see the awkwardness of working away from where you live.....except they get free second homes bought and paid for by us so they dont have to pay like we do to travel. They just get us to buy them homes near their work !. Then they get free transport and cars to chauffeur them about.

3rd party insurance oddly does vary on the car being insured, and doesnt take into consideration skill or attitude of any driver. Previous no claims is no real reflection of this. If anything, more modern cars should pay a lot more insurance, as they cost far more to repair. Many even being written off with minor damage due to the massive repair costs.
I suspect small cheap cars are involved in more accidents than larger high performance cars, and can do equally as much damage. And that careful low milage driver wont pay anywhere near as much....as they wont be using as much fuel. Simple.

And you already pay for others accidents anyway. Insurance goes into a pool of money, so everyone pays....well, what isnt taken oiut as insurance tax by the government. SO you, as a motorist are already compensating these people, probably a hell of a lot more than need be.

So which would be better ? Every motorist paying into an insurance fund via fuel costs ? Or having millions of un-insured drivers who pay absolutely nothing that they will never sort out ? And we the insured drivers end up paying for them anyway.

It really cant be that difficult of a question to answer.
In a strange sort of a way, I don't actually disagree with your sentiments about insurance being included in the cost of fuel so that anyone driving would at least be contributing - I've argued the same thing on road tax for years now, so in ideal world we'd have this RFL and insurance levy on fuel and our car insurance would get cheaper and we wouldn't pay for a tax disc any more.

But I eventually realised that the reality is that if the Government did scrap the tax disc they would create a new disc fee, maybe an "insurance and MOT" inspection tax where we'd need to produce our documents once a year and buy a disc to show the docs had been checked. That would maybe start out quite cheap but would gradually increase to where we are now ON TOP of the fuel levy we would all be paying.

In the same way, I'm willing to bet that our insurance WOULDN'T get cheaper, we'd just have this extra levy and we'd all end up paying more.
Everyone would know it's horseshit, but money is money, right!

Carrying tools, photocopiers, sample windows or whatever isn't viable on public transport - I never said it was, same as I said public transport, walking etc are only options in some areas. We live in the sticks so it doesn't work for us, but I cover the whole of Scotland and Northern England so nowhere would give me the links I would need - at least here I'm roughly equidistant to my main customer bases.

Don't get me started on politicians and their second homes - the allowance was supposed to be so that they could have a place near Westminster. It was never meant to pay for the family home in Kirkcaldy, Norwich or wherever, and it was never meant to be about about accommodating their family in London so one bedroom flats are all that they needed - anything above that should have came from their own pocket.

To kick-start the housing market when London prices collapsed, the government should have bought loads of one bedroom flats all around the area and these could be allocated to MPs on election to live in while in London. When they get promoted to a post with a grace and favour pad, like PM, Chancellor, Speaker, etc, or lose their seat, the flats can be refurbished and reallocated.

Hell, why don't we compulsorily purchase all the flats bought by MPs and use those? At the price they paid, of course so no-one profits from the situation.
Old 26-12-2009, 10:56 AM
cossiejay

i would like to apologise to all on this site who have had the unfortunate pleasure of reading posts placed by my numb brother yesterday,i made the mistake of introducing him to the site and allowed him to browse while signed in on my account.when i got up this morning i could not believe what he had wrote and would like all concerned to know that lucky i do not share his narrow minded stupid comments that in all honesty do not make much sense at all even to me and i have grown up with the moron once again sorry to you all this is a mistake i will not be repeating again taught me a lesson also that no one will be using any account of mine he has also done the same to my facebook,and bid on items on ebay
Old 26-12-2009, 11:02 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

I understand that its each to there own and smokers have the right to smoke as its there choice in life but just cant understand why anyone would want to smoke?

Any smokers care to enlighten me on why they smoke and what they get from smoking ? There must be something good that out weights or equals all the health risks to make it worth while smoking surely?
ive often wondered, i can see the plus side of other drugs as you pay money to get high but what do you get from smoking? ive never understood the appeal so have never smoked.
Old 26-12-2009, 11:03 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i would like to apologise to all on this site who have had the unfortunate pleasure of reading posts placed by my numb brother yesterday,i made the mistake of introducing him to the site and allowed him to browse while signed in on my account.when i got up this morning i could not believe what he had wrote and would like all concerned to know that lucky i do not share his narrow minded stupid comments that in all honesty do not make much sense at all even to me and i have grown up with the moron once again sorry to you all this is a mistake i will not be repeating again taught me a lesson also that no one will be using any account of mine he has also done the same to my facebook,and bid on items on ebay
ah, the old brother excuse for previous ramblings.
Old 26-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich170
What if you saw a criminal, smoking a fag, breaking into an untaxed car in your car park?

You'd have a fucking heart attack
Old 26-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I didnt say any drug was acceptable, what i did say is i can understand why people take them, ie smoke blow you get stoned etc.

I dont see me mates buzzing off there tits after having a fag lol

You say people get pleasure from smoking, obviously they must do otherwise they wouldnt smoke, so what is the pleasure? thats what i'm asking.
I wouldn't know because I've never smoked. It does calm people down though. However, I can calm myself down without it as can many others.

Benni.
Old 26-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Fuck it mate, don't worry about it at all. If PF wanted to hate you, they'll do it regardless.

Benni.
Old 26-12-2009, 12:01 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by Benni
Fuck it mate, don't worry about it at all. If PF wanted to hate you, they'll do it regardless.

Benni.
after FUZZY'S response that is just what i thought
Old 26-12-2009, 12:06 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

personally i think this is a prime example of how ridiculous our country is now.
hes having a fag ffs !
criminals ! surely this thread is some sort of joke isnt it ?
Old 26-12-2009, 02:18 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Smokers are very selfish people, generally speaking of course, there might be a few that are the exception to the rule.

Im all for people doing as they please if its within the law, and even sometimes if it isnt i might add, but when it starts to affect other people, then it becomes selfish and anti-social. This was a major reason for the smoking ban and rightly so. The selfish smelly shit bags.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
personally i think this is a prime example of how ridiculous our country is now.
hes having a fag ffs !
criminals ! surely this thread is some sort of joke isnt it ?
no, having the fag is irrelevant. whats relevant is hes breaking the law! smoking is mearly the mechanism!

Just like doing 60mph is not bad but its breaking the law in a 30/40/50mph zone!

This thead wasnt a joke until the militant pro-smokers jumped on the defensive bandwagon!

The thread was actually about criminals (eg theifs/burglars/antisocial behaviour etc ) who seem to in increasing numbers feel victimised by police because they are 'poor'.

Such criminals fail to understand that the police are tagetting them because they commit crime not because they earn low incomes. Although the reality is most criminals are on benefits as well as thier criminal earnings so are consideraly financially better off than most other residents on thier estate!
Old 26-12-2009, 07:08 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

if you kill all the poor people crime will definately fall dramatically.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

@ fuzzy!

problem is we still need some poor people to do shitty jobs rich folk wont do!

On the other hand killing all unemployed people would reduce crime massively and put country in better financial state! obviously its a bit extreme but slightly less 'collateral damage' than killing all poor people!!
Old 26-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Quality thread. The stupid comments just show that some people just don't seem to understand the basics of a society. There are rules and you should stick to the rules. If you get caught breaking the rules, then you have done something wrong and should be penalized. There are several elements of society who will say they are being persecuted and some of these actually believe it to be true. Unfortunately the people who fall into this bracket are often poor and think they are owed something. Fact is whether you are caught smoking in a banned area or blowing a goat, you are a criminal, thats the law. If you dont mind people breaking the law, then I will come round to your house and steal your front doormat. Its alright, its only a doormat after all. If the police try and get me for this I will just call them a jobsworth, there are worse crimes, right?
Old 26-12-2009, 07:38 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

you get in a load of cheap foreign imports that know their place to take care of the crap.
Old 26-12-2009, 08:01 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by Ginger Will
Quality thread. The stupid comments just show that some people just don't seem to understand the basics of a society. There are rules and you should stick to the rules. If you get caught breaking the rules, then you have done something wrong and should be penalized. There are several elements of society who will say they are being persecuted and some of these actually believe it to be true. Unfortunately the people who fall into this bracket are often poor and think they are owed something. Fact is whether you are caught smoking in a banned area or blowing a goat, you are a criminal, thats the law. If you dont mind people breaking the law, then I will come round to your house and steal your front doormat. Its alright, its only a doormat after all. If the police try and get me for this I will just call them a jobsworth, there are worse crimes, right?
So are all the rules just and right ?
Old 26-12-2009, 08:03 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

it doesnt matter if you think they are right. its not up to you to pick and choose which laws you want to obey. thats why we vote and have a democracy.
Old 26-12-2009, 08:16 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by fuzzy
it doesnt matter if you think they are right. its not up to you to pick and choose which laws you want to obey. thats why we vote and have a democracy.
I wasnt given any choice to vote for the people who are in government and creating these laws.

And these people in government certainly do not listen to the people when making these laws.

It is supposed to be a democracy....but I'm not convinced.
Old 26-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

exactly fuzzy!

If people dont like it they can fuck off abroad or use the democratic process to argue thier cause. smokers will ALWAYS be on a loosing streak as the government has medical proof and plenty of social evidence to back thier anti-smoker policys.

What i find funny is that all the criminals go on about thier individual rights yet fail to understand the concept that with rights comes responsibility for your own actions!

People always have a choice between crime or not. nobody needs to commit crime to survive in UK!
Old 26-12-2009, 08:24 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

im not fully aware of the set up you have in ireland but i assume you have a right to vote at elections?
Old 26-12-2009, 08:30 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by fuzzy
im not fully aware of the set up you have in ireland but i assume you have a right to vote at elections?

We do. We are still under UK law...so thats decided at Westminster. We have no say in those elections.

In local elections.....we vote...and they let terrorists into government.

I really dont understand politics at all, but there is little just or right about much of it.

Just because the government creates new, and often very stupid laws, still doesnt make them right. Nor does it suddenly make people criminals.

There is plenty of real crime out there, under laws that have been around for years, that the police etc dont even bother their arse with. You'd think they would try and sort those out first, before worrying about poxy stuff.

Nearly every day on the news here before Xmas, pensioners were robbed and beaten in their homes every single night.

I bet more motorists were convicted of petty offences while these took place. I certainly dont agree with smoking, it stinks. The smoking ban in public places etc is great.
But are people who flout this law criminals ??

I think thats taking it a bit too far.

Quick Reply: Targeting criminals same as targeting poor people???