General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Targeting criminals same as targeting poor people???

Search this Thread

Old 25-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAIG HAYTER
chip there is a roof above obvcourse but its not completely sealed fucking air tight thats going to kill you isnt itffs come on this thread when i first read it thought it was going to be something more criminal than smoking!!!whats next farting is a crime because its toxic fucking smells?
The definition of what constitutes a "substantially enclosed space" doesnt mentioned being "completely sealed fucking air tight" on any of the official government literature on the subject as far as im aware mate, so I think you might be a little bit confused there.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Dre.1983
As I said above, I think its taking the smoking ban a bit too far when your allowing cars emitting noxious exhaust gasses in the same space.
Personally im just amazed that for once its not the motorists getting the most flack!
Old 25-08-2009, 11:06 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chip honestly would you call someone a CRIMINAL for smoking in a car parkthis is the point iam making across ok you shouldnt smoke in non smoking areas but ffs your not a criminal

Last edited by CRAIG HAYTER; 25-08-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

this has got kind of diverted away from the original point that it wasnt the smoking/tax that was the issue but the attitude of a lot of people that targetting certain crimes is percieved as targetting poor people.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Chip
I think you are misusing the word criminal.
chip honestly would you call someone a CRIMINAL for smoking in a car parkthis is the point iam making across ok you shouldnt smoke in non smoking areas but ffs your not a criminal
Old 25-08-2009, 11:11 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

funny thing with the smoking ban was now everyone complains about pubs and clubs smelling of sweat.

All the 'non smokers' are now hanging out in the smoking garden at pubs and clubbs as that is where everyone is.

Then someone said a classic the other day "pisses me off this smoking ban, everyones stood outside in town smoking, all i get is wafts of smoke in my face"

WTF you moaning bastards, you moaned when we smoked inside, now you moaning when we smoke outside or are coming outside to stand with us while we smoke. Stop following us!!

Do they just like to moan??

I like the smoking ban, clothes don't smell of fags and you smoke less, but still windes me up when people still moan lol!!

Last edited by matts1; 25-08-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Dre.1983
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
this has got kind of diverted away from the original point that it wasnt the smoking/tax that was the issue but the attitude of a lot of people that targetting certain crimes is percieved as targetting poor people.
I agree with what your saying but as has been said the scuzzers have no respect, because they think its there God given right to take the piss. And the problem now is were 3 or 4 generations down the scuzz line so things are not going to improve.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

You really need to get a life. Fucking jobsworth.
Old 25-08-2009, 11:17 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Old 25-08-2009, 11:18 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Ollie.
You really need to get a life. Fucking jobsworth.

whats a jobsworth
Old 25-08-2009, 11:21 PM
purple_fiesta
No longer a ford owner ..

Originally Posted by matts1
funny thing with the smoking ban was now everyone complains about pubs and clubs smelling of sweat.

All the 'non smokers' are now hanging out in the smoking garden at pubs and clubbs as that is where everyone is.

Then someone said a classic the other day "pisses me off this smoking ban, everyones stood outside in town smoking, all i get is wafts of smoke in my face"

WTF you moaning bastards, you moaned when we smoked inside, now you moaning when we smoke outside or are coming outside to stand with us while we smoke. Stop following us!!

Do they just like to moan??

I like the smoking ban, clothes don't smell of fags and you smoke less, but still windes me up when people still moan lol!!
Nah it smells alot better in pubs now! Dont know anyone who stands outside apart from the smokers.. becouse it stinks!! Should be banned in town centre, just shopping and walking past/behind someone smoking is dirty as, feel as though I can smell/taste is for ages!!
Old 25-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Chip

whats a jobsworth
Its a term used for people who are viewed as petty in the application of the tasks related to their job, and comes from the stereotyping of them as someone who would say "it's more than my job's worth not to report you for...." etc
Old 25-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Chip

Smoking and alcohol should both be banned on health grounds seeing as lots of other chemicals that cause less damage are, its hypocritical to allow them to remain legal simply because its convenient at the same time as politicians claiming to be "taking a hard line on drug abuse"
Old 25-08-2009, 11:24 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

aahh cheeRS Chip as they say"you learn something new everyday"
Old 25-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

i do find it funny that whenever they propose a tax hike on fags and booze they all whinge saying its hitting the poor/working class Yeah so i guess only poor people smoke and drink
Old 25-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Chip

i do find it funny that whenever they propose a tax hike on fags and booze they all whinge saying its hitting the poor/working class Yeah so i guess only poor people smoke and drink
Its because statistically the poor spend a much bigger percentage of their income on fags and booze than the rich do.

If someone on benefit smokes 20 fags a day at a cost of a fiver a day, that constitutes ALL their disposable income, in fact probably far more than 100% of it realistically in some cases and results in them having to cut spending on essential items to fund it, where as if I did it then it would be only a small percentage of my disposable income to do so.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

If they wasn't heavily taxed I assume they would have been long banned by now, right?

Benni.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Benni
If they wasn't heavily taxed I assume they would have been long banned by now, right?

Benni.
I think you are incorrect, its not the tax alone that is the issue, especially as most of that tax gets wasted on health treatments for the idiots using these drugs in bulk.

The real problem is votes, there are a lot of people smoking voting for each party, and if you banned it totally, that would be a hell of a lot of people not voting for you anymore potentially, and I believe that is what scares the politicians into not doing the right thing.
Not to mention other economic factors like the effect on tourism if people couldnt smoke here.

So although Im sure taxes are a factor, they are only one of many.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

if poor people are too stupid to waste so much of thier money on cigarettes then whose fault is that??? if your under 40 then youve no excuse for smoking and claiming you didnt know the risks.

nobody forces you to smoke or drink heavily!!

But then the tax thing proportionally effecting poor people more doesnt hold water as thats the same with every product they buy, be it food, fuel etc.

Sounds to me like just an excuse for hard dumb by loosers whinging that they have nothing so therefore it must be us rich folk and government picking on poor people again

the ultimate irony is most these benefit scroungers have more disposable income than us working people!!!
Old 26-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Chip

Warren the amount of time that a "hit" lasts for a poor person or a rich person is the same, so poor or rich if you are an addict of a particular drug you are likely to end up abusing it at about the same same rate, which with fags seems to be about 20 a day for a fairly hard user, 40 a day for a very hard user, and 60 a day for an extreme case, no one earning enough to have 100K a year dispoable smokes 20,000 fags a day which is what they would need to be doing to make it anything like the same percentage of disposable income as someone who's disposable income is a grand a year and smokes 20 a day.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

no but the point is these issues apply to everything you buy being a higher proportion of income the poorer you are, so why do they mostly whinge about fags and booze???

ultimately they still chose to get addicted......
Old 26-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Same with gyppos though, the police dont have the balls to do it.
I have seen this first hand... I was in wokingham a while back, theres 2 gyppo families there. anyway, one of the gyppos parked illegally and a tow truck came and lifted his car, anyway a load of them came out of the pub they were in, and the tow truck driver called the police. in the end to keep the peace and save them having a serious confrontation, the police told the tow truck driver to leave the car and the gyppo parked it exactly where it was before and went back in to the pub. nothing they could do. thats one example of why this country is turning shit. the police have no power.

Of course people are going to do what ever they want, there is no repect for the police or any official, and people teach their kids that they dont have to worry about athority.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

mike the police should have stood firm and tooled all thier guys up with riot helmets and shields. then see if the gyppos want to kick off. Attacking a policeman is likely to get a custodial sentance gyppo or not!!!

weak leadership, plain and simple.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Chip

no but the point is these issues apply to everything you buy being a higher proportion of income the poorer you are, so why do they mostly whinge about fags and booze???

ultimately they still chose to get addicted......

Because with a lot of items there are significantly differently priced versions of for people on different incomes, but with fags there are not.

People dont generally choose to become addicted as such, they are merely too stupid to see that will be the result of their actions.

Last edited by Chip; 26-08-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

One thing I'll never understand is Kids who start smoking now. It really does amaze me, I can never understand it. I can sympathise a little with those who were smoking before they were deemed so unhealthy, and are addicted. But to actually start now?

Woah! Someone's Parent's need to have a serious word.

Benni.
Old 26-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

they are merely too stupid to see that will be the result of their actions.
The old "i can give up any time" excuse

The other one i hear is that smoking is one of few pleasures of the poor/working class.....
Old 26-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Benni
One thing I'll never understand is Kids who start smoking now. It really does amaze me, I can never understand it. I can sympathise a little with those who were smoking before they were deemed so unhealthy, and are addicted. But to actually start now?
Because its "cool innit blud"

All thier mates do it and the "it'll never happen to me" attitude with reference to anything dangerous/harmful still prevails.

ie simple stupidity.

They have all the facts yet do it anyway.

Same with teen pregnancy and sex education...... but thats a whole other thread on its own.
Old 26-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Pregnant teenage Women turn me on, so I'll allow those as long as I am not the Father.
Old 26-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

even if your taxes are paying for them benni??
Old 26-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

mike the police should have stood firm and tooled all thier guys up with riot helmets and shields. then see if the gyppos want to kick off. Attacking a policeman is likely to get a custodial sentance gyppo or not!!!

weak leadership, plain and simple.
Exactly!! but all they managed to do was show the gyppos they can do pretty much whatever they please alsong as there are more of them than the police. If I were there, that car would have been towed, END OF!!

not only that, I remember one of the coppers saying that there were only 3 officers on duty that night (a Friday). Unbelievable.
Old 25-12-2009, 06:59 PM
twoblacklines
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I smoke wherever i fucking want to outside and i dont consider myself a criminal because labour introduce a pathetic law.
Old 25-12-2009, 07:33 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

bring back national service!we need to bring back in basics of social standards!i.e respect for each other,and install abit of pride in the country!
Old 25-12-2009, 07:36 PM
cossiejay

get a life muppet jobs worth people like you are why we are sick of this country
Old 25-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Roscco
Livin' [H]ard & Fast

Warren, i've nothing constructive to add................ totally stunned.
Old 25-12-2009, 07:42 PM
cossiejay

got to post again because people like you in a little bit of authority make my blood boil i smoke where and when i want this is a free country give little people a bit of power and watch it go right to there heads i bet you wish you had not posted this
Old 25-12-2009, 07:42 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cossiejay
get a life muppet jobs worth people like you are why we are sick of this country

i dont get this sort of comment tbh!imho opinion is these sort of veiws that are making this country go down hill
Old 25-12-2009, 08:19 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Dover
I think that your totally right!! There are people who are wore off that others who for some reason think that the world owes them something.
Because the rich...ie the government, price motoring and other aspects of life totally out of reach of many people. Does that make them criminals ?

We all know who the criminals are.....

We pay more than enough tax on fuel, that should cover all insurance, and all duties for using the roads, and leave plenty over. Any other charges imposed on motorists are totally criminal. ie road tax and insurance.

The government and law makers are determined to do only one thing...and that is rob motorists blind. They are always attacking those lesser off, either by creating new laws, or simply taxing the life out of them.

Imagine you owed the Inland Revenue a few hundred or few thousand pounds. They'd cripple you to get it back.

Then the banks end up owing billions....and look how they were treated.
Old 25-12-2009, 08:29 PM
craig2016
PassionFord Regular

hilarious the way you keep reffering to the law...........your not even a copper, get a life you saddo!!!
Old 25-12-2009, 08:35 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cossiejay
Hes doing his fucking job, people like you are the reason this country is going to shit.
Old 25-12-2009, 08:36 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by mechanic28
i dont get this sort of comment tbh!imho opinion is these sort of veiws that are making this country go down hill
i am the sort of working class person who wants to live life my way in a country where you dont get fined for everything you do ie snowed this week ,we live on a hill so a lot of folk could not get there cars up and had to leave them at the bottom of the hill,result 45 parking tickets on cars that could not go anywhere,and as for being able to smell smoke and drink on people what about people that dont have a bath or asian people that smell do we ban them from city centres as well

Quick Reply: Targeting criminals same as targeting poor people???