General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Posessed car alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
fatmike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posessed car alarm.

Something strange happened last night which looking at it now was quite funny, but at the time I was not amused.

4.30am this morning I hear my bloody car alarm going off. Waking up thinking my car had just been vandalised or something (even tho its on my drive) I went out to find it was absolutely fine, but the alarm was going biserk. I Have an autowatch 225 alarm which is pretty simple but works well enough. So i pushed the button to disable it and it went quiet.

Just as I go to walk back inside the house, the pissing thing goes off again. Beings as the street is dead quiet, I imagine it probably woke about half the neighbours up
This time I was getting annoyed, so I popped the bonnet and disconnected the negative terminal. After this it was still going, I couldn't believe it. So thought well hey Ill disconnect the positive that oughta do it.

To my suprise the alarm was still going off (even with the battery disconnected) and at this point I was completely confused, I decided to just grab the scissors out of the kitchen draw, and cut the siren out. And it was STILL GOING
It kind of reminded me of a scene from a film where something will just not break

So I took the bleeping thing in the house while trying not to get deathened by the noise and covered it over with some of my work clothes. About 3 minutes later it stopped. I later realised the battery had gone entirley dead on the car, which must of caused the siren to go into some sort of safety mode and run off of a battery inside the siren.

The car is having some work done to it at the mo so It hasnt been driven in a while (hence why the bat went dead), but I am now worried when I finish charging the battery later and put it back on, the alarm might not work right, now it has gone into some kind of emergency mode, and might need resetting.

what you reckon? This ever happened to any of you guys

Last edited by fatmike; 11-08-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Frenchy0204
Get to tha choppa!

Just remove the alarm.....

Last edited by Frenchy0204; 03-01-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:45 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

unlucky mate, sounds like you half butchered a decent alarm for nothing
Old 11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
fatmike

na its only the alarm siren, a couple of block connectors to connect it back up and it will be fine .
Old 11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmike
na its only the alarm siren, a couple of block connectors to connect it back up and it will be fine .
He says

Nah, hope you get it sorted chap.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
fatmike

lol cheers, me 2 even tho i have probs just jinxed myself now.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Had a similar problem with a clifford on my mates car. Even though it was disarmed (we were working on the car) it kept going off!! so my mate got really pissed off with it and pulled the siren off while its going mental and threw it into a bucket of water!! ahh silence.

Soon after he took it out of the water and left it beside the house, and about an hour later we started hearing a chirp...... chirp.........chiiiiiirrrrrrrppppp.... as it was staring to dry out, it started to go off again!!!

absolute MENTAL alarm!!

clifford removed, toad installed, no problem since
Old 11-08-2009, 05:52 PM
cabriolet
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

itll b ok fella alarms not smart enough to know the sirens not there charge the battery and plug and play
Old 11-08-2009, 06:19 PM
fatmike

bloody cliffords, I used to have one on my old cossy and i remember it being very funny.

Excellent so hopefully i can plug her back in with no problems.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the battery goes flat enough it senses this as a attack where someone is trying to disconnect the battery, and so will go off, just restore power and disarm will reset
it.
tabetha