General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PLEASE HELP - CARS PROBS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 17-12-2004, 03:40 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP - CARS PROBS!!!!!!!

Ok, I really need your advice, Orion, with a fiesta turbo engine, here's the story:

Got in my car this morning, starts fine, but missing it tits off, like it does most mornings, but as always it cleared after driving it, so didn't think anything of it, absolutly stunk of petrol until the missing stoped, drives it 6 mile from my fellas to mine, puts it on the drive, goes in for 5 mins to get changed gets back in it, won't fire up, just turning over, checked for a spark and there is absoluty nothing...

Had a booster pack on it, but didn't do a thing, being a bird and all I havn't a clue....

Where do I start????

PLease, please help!!!!!
Old 17-12-2004, 04:00 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Check the coil lead is on properly and in good order, also the electrical plugs to the coil.

Check all the connectors to the lump and ECU to make sure something hasn't worked loose or got damp into it. Start there but I am sure someone may have a less vague idea of wht it could be.

How did you check for a spark, spark plug out etc??

From the sounds of it it may need a good service, plugs and leads etc etc as the damp weather starts to play havoc.
Old 17-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Windle
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same symptoms i had recentley turned out too be the wire from CPS had broken down towards the muliplug connection usualy found on the bulkhead on fiesta's don't know where yours is at??

Take CPS connector off and try both wires, one of mine was broke giving no spark ??