General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

N97 guru's......... bit of help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N97 guru's......... bit of help needed

got mine last week and started to use it today .

can i get instant email notification from my yahoo account ?

voda say its got the feature but it wont work with yahoo ?

anyone else got a yahoo email and n97 and got it alerting you as soon as you get a email ?

also what is "packet data connection "? mines constantly on . one bloke on the voda helpline said to turn it off and only put it on to check facebook and then i rung back and someone else said it should always be on thus making the phone always "live" so i always get instant updates etc . i can see it needing to be always on but whats yours set as?

its bugged the fook out of me trying to get this thing set properly all day .
Old 13-07-2009, 05:39 AM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

another silly question , but i click the iplayer app and i just get a black screen ? all i can do is press the options and it just tells me what version it is ? do i need to download what i want to watch ? or am i doing it wrong ?
Old 13-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Madbradz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Have you got email setup in mail? How i have done it... Setup your mailbox and enter imap settings then set the automatic retreval up.

Or are you using a btyahoo application?

BBC iplayer..... Not had that problem. Are you trying to run it through your wifi? Or network connection? Also what firmware are you running? To find out type *#0000#

Adam
Old 13-07-2009, 07:42 AM
g18rst

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to try and clear it up a bit more, "packet data" is your live internet stream, as this phone has internet widgets, its basicaly connected to the internet at all times, which is one of the reason and imho the selling point of the fone, and ive heard a few times of the voda staff telling people to turn it off???? Why???

Only reason i CAN think of is obviously if you dont have a unlimted internet data package bundle, but it seems daft to have the fone and not do, and if you with voda like me, then i presume you will have the unlimted internet.

So...to sum it up, leave it on, it makes the n97.... an N97!

BBC i player im not sure about.

And every few days goto settings, phone, phone mngtment, device updates, options > check for update.

There is a new firmware update out and about, its just not reached is in Uk yet.

Adios.

Last edited by g18rst; 13-07-2009 at 07:42 AM. Reason: sh*t spelling!
Old 13-07-2009, 08:30 AM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

if you have the iplayer as a widget, and open it after telling the home page to go offline, it seems to fail to load. Thats what i have found with the iplayer.