General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

BC/SC Clearance Checks..

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC/SC Clearance Checks..

Has anyone ever gone through any of these?

Long story short, ive got work offered but need to pass these clearance checks, baseline clearance and security clearance..

Now obviously this boils to down to if ive been a naughty boy or not.. now im 23/24 and all ive done going back to when i was 16, was got involved with some card reicept that went missing from a food delivery company i went out.. bit of phonebox vandalism.. and last assault by beating and criminal damage(smashed ex's front door windows)..

All silly minor things you do when your young and stupid.. but im just wondering how this is going to fare me in these checks?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

just doing 3 of these myself for me and two lads that are on for me for some insurance call out work

where did you send off for the forms from,i got mine (eventually form disclosure scotland)
Old 02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
carlfiesta999
BANNED
BANNED

I havent got them yet.. im moving away to start a new life tommorow living with my father, ive got 3 months work where its not needed and then the work after that is based on MOD sites.. so its all top secret stuff.. think the company im going to be working for supplys them and sends them off.. jus wanna know if im gonna be all good or not
Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

what specifically were you charged with relating to the card reciept???

Security these says is all about weeding out terrorists, fraudsters, those vulnerable to blackmail etc etc.

remember to be totally honest on the forms as any dishonesty will get you screwed.

I seriously doubt you will have much access to Top Secret material when your only going through the Security Checks which are basic if you were having proper access to proper juicy stuff then youd get Developed Vetting and youd even have to admit all the wierd sexual shit youve done in past, jilted girlfriends, deepest secrets etc so that they know, and hence you cant be blackmailed on stuff that is "known".
Old 02-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Be aware that if you will be working on MOD sited, the checks will also check your financial history,they dont like bad debt and ccj's... And they will also make a decision based on this.

i dont know your financial standing but i thought i would make you aware of this.

If you do have bad credit, where you can add additional information, you should explain any bad debts, the reason why, and how you are or intend to repay them
Old 02-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

bad debt isnt an issue if its in the open and not being ignored.

hidden bad debt is really BAD as it leaves you easily open to bribes etc and succeptable to committing fraud if you have access to funds.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

I have BC and SC clearance. BC is fairly straightforward. SC was a Mofo. I had two interviews, they asked me everything, and yeah be totally honest. They knew stuff that I had forgotten about years ago. They really do dig deep.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by collierm
SC was a Mofo. I had two interviews, they asked me everything, and yeah be totally honest. They knew stuff that I had forgotten about years ago. They really do dig deep.
Youve obviously been a naughty boy or have a complicated dodgy family as its not the norm to get personal interviews for a SC.

You generally get interviews for SCE and DV and only for lesser clearances when theres issues they need to discuss or they find something they need to ask you about.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:36 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Youve obviously been a naughty boy or have a complicated dodgy family as its not the norm to get personal interviews for a SC.

You generally get interviews for SCE and DV and only for lesser clearances when theres issues they need to discuss or they find something they need to ask you about.
I grew up in the Middle East, that was enough I think
Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

im surprised they didnt send you to guantanamo bay for 3 years just to be safe
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 PM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Nah, I work for EDS. They sent me to Peterlee in County Durham instead. About the same level of despair I guess