General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: So whats your vote...
Yes i believe there is
27.45%
No i dont believe there is
45.10%
I dont know
7.84%
Unsure until proven
19.61%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Life after death...

Search this Thread

Old 21-06-2009, 06:43 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Noticed that Kestrel77 popped back on, but after seeing all the evil baby-slaying heathens decided not to reply.
Old 21-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
When we die, the only thing we become is worm food.
Not me matey, I'm going up in smoke.

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Some one needs to tell all these suicide bombers that there's no 70 virgins
Imagine if there was, and they were all like Susan Boyle.....
Old 21-06-2009, 06:57 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Mal.
Not me matey, I'm going up in smoke.
And are you going to have your ashes scattered?

Unless they're going in the sea, you're still worm food.
Old 21-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally think, that when we die, only our body dies, but our spirit and our soul live on.

I have spokent to people who have told me things that only my dead relatives would ever know, as they were specific to only me and the dead person....
Old 21-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Renton
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@ this thread and some of the replies.

I think if someone is going to use the 'life after death' theory as a private coping mechanism after the loss of a loved one, good luck to them. If it softens the blow then great. And the opinion is certainly not hurting anyone.

But to connect that belief with a particular religion, IE "there is only a lovely fluffy afterlife for those in my religion/cult" is, to quote Mr. White, a real piss boiler.
Old 21-06-2009, 07:38 PM
cosworth
Regular Contributor

I just can't believe how arrogant some of the posts on this topic are. The interesting thing is that it used to be the religious people who came across as arrogant, now it's the non believers that are behaving in an arrogant way... Someone wrote that if you read about religion as he(or she) had done then everyone would come to the conclusion that it was just wrong. The thing is that a large part of the worlds population actually come to the opposite conclusion... And it's not only uneducated poor people either.

In my view the thing is that no one KNOWS what the outcome after death is (except God if you believe in him). IMHO that is the difference between the religious people on here and the non believers. The non believers state as a fact that there is NO life after death (without any evidence) whereas the believers live in the hope that there is a after life (but not stating as a proven fact that there is).
Old 21-06-2009, 07:43 PM
ram
Has a large member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i believe in some sort of life after death. even if there isnt then im not bothering anyone by believing that, i am interested in religion etc. but its more just the fact that if no one has proved how we are all here, then how can someone prove what happens when we die? i cant prove that life carries on some how, but none of you non believers can prove to me that nothing happens. so how can some of you people be so sure and cocky with your 'fuck off you nutters' comments
Old 21-06-2009, 08:46 PM
nickywarwick
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by ram
i believe in some sort of life after death. even if there isnt then im not bothering anyone by believing that, i am interested in religion etc. but its more just the fact that if no one has proved how we are all here, then how can someone prove what happens when we die? i cant prove that life carries on some how, but none of you non believers can prove to me that nothing happens. so how can some of you people be so sure and cocky with your 'fuck off you nutters' comments

well said
Old 21-06-2009, 08:56 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

I don't know if Uranus is made of green cheese, that doesn't make one of the possibilities that it IS made of cheese. The same is true for god in my most humble opinion of course.
Old 21-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Renton

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ram
I'd say the evidence for the 'big bang' and 'theory of evolution' is a little more sound than anything I've watched or read about for a particular god having knocked everything up in six days and then gone down the pub on the seventh... hence my lean toward the current reality (IE when we die, it's game over), as opposed to any alternate spirit/soul/heaven/afterlife suggestions.

The OP asked for thoughts/opinions on "life after death" and that's exactly what people have given...
Old 21-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
And are you going to have your ashes scattered?

Unless they're going in the sea, you're still worm food.
Or I may donate whats left of my cute little body to scientific research, they could clone me.
Old 21-06-2009, 10:09 PM
G60rallye
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Well the universe is roughly 14 billions years old, it didn't seem too long to me before I was born so why should it be any different after you are dead?
Old 21-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

I believe when you're dead you're dead.

But it is very strange to think that your thoughts, and everything going on inside your head simply cease to exist.
Old 21-06-2009, 11:33 PM
morph

Originally Posted by Renton
I'd say the evidence for the 'big bang' and 'theory of evolution' is a little more sound than anything I've watched or read about for a particular god having knocked everything up in six days and then gone down the pub on the seventh... hence my lean toward the current reality (IE when we die, it's game over), as opposed to any alternate spirit/soul/heaven/afterlife suggestions.

The OP asked for thoughts/opinions on "life after death" and that's exactly what people have given...
If you believe the theory of evolution! then how do you explain that the human race has exsisited for merely thosuands of years and within the last 300 years has managed to achieve FEETS of UNBELIEVE INTELIGENCE like radio wave, microwave, send men to the moon, make electricity and a very important one for us the 'internal combustion engine'
but yet the dinosaurs romed for millons of years and could not do much more than what they did when they started? and you still lean towards thinking there is no life after death?
darwin's theory of evolution has almost similar essence to buddahism when they relate to the re-incarnation of the soul into another life and the believe that the re-incarnation of superior beings (humans) started life as single cell creature and reincarnates 1000's of years until it reaches human form.
This is really strange that Darwin's species of origin shows a link of how were have evolved in much the same way!
i would rather have an open mind than to state that there is a NO NO to life after death!
Old 21-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by morph
If you believe the theory of evolution! then how do you explain that the human race has exsisited for merely thosuands of years and within the last 300 years has managed to achieve FEETS of UNBELIEVE INTELIGENCE like radio wave, microwave, send men to the moon, make electricity and a very important one for us the 'internal combustion engine'
but yet the dinosaurs romed for millons of years and could not do much more than what they did when they started? and you still lean towards thinking there is no life after death?
darwin's theory of evolution has almost similar essence to buddahism when they relate to the re-incarnation of the soul into another life and the believe that the re-incarnation of superior beings (humans) started life as single cell creature and reincarnates 1000's of years until it reaches human form.
This is really strange that Darwin's species of origin shows a link of how were have evolved in much the same way!
i would rather have an open mind than to state that there is a NO NO to life after death!
The human race is much more intelligent than the dinosaurs were. Also, like apes etc out bodies are very capable. The dinosaurs were hindered in that department!

Developing things takes time, but the invention of something usually leads to the invention of many other things, hence why we are in the position we are in today.
Old 22-06-2009, 09:16 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by morph
It's all about the opposable thumbs!