General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Operation Spike Shield

Search this Thread

Old 18-06-2009, 01:15 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cragrat
just a little tip bus instead of loads of spikes etc try carpet grippe rod,it tears ye finger ends etc like a bastard and is easier to fit and remove as required
http://www.deteracat.co.uk/cat_repellent_spikes.htm

Cat spikes and are legal so you'll be covered by old bill should the cumbag get hurt, rather than your homemade device More expensive but less likely to attract suspicion when fitted.

"Can the strips be used as a human intruder / burglar deterrent?
Yes, these cat deterrents can be fitted to walls, fences, gates and drainpipes etc which will make it extremely difficult for intruders to get a hold on, but they are a visual deterrent rather than physical."
Old 18-06-2009, 01:32 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just shoot them dead Warren. Then place the gun in his hands, make out like it was a suicide and fake confusion when the 5/0 ask if you know why someone would want to spend their final moments in the Penalver Concrete Garden.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 18-06-2009, 01:50 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I'd move!
Old 18-06-2009, 03:38 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xr4x4rs
have a steel door behind your front door concreted in, so no matter if they get into the front door they will think fuk it after seeing the 2nd door
delivered to a house with this the other day, guy was blatently a dealer too lol.
Old 18-06-2009, 07:34 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

doberman idea is a goodun,there fucking fearsome them bastards,im 22 stone but can run like linford christie when 1 of them at a concrete yard that i deliver to comes after me,awesome dogs.
Old 18-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Have you thought about moving
Old 18-06-2009, 08:23 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

i think you should do all those things then post pics of the state of the house after

make up a fake vehicle tracking systems sign up and put it where its obviously yours but may attract some business

nobody likes trackers on dodgy cars

seems daft i know but its all i got atm and its cheap
Old 19-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil
How about one of the security posts that folds into the floor inside the garage so they can't get the car out but can't see it from the outside either to attract attention.
Theres not enough room between front of garage door and car to fold one down and the "sink in floor" ones wont fit due to a shallow drain!!!

They cant get the car out normally as i lock it full lock on wheels and use disklok. Not to mention at the moment it has no front dampers and is up on axle stands

Originally Posted by rs shawn
"Can the strips be used as a human intruder / burglar deterrent?
Yes, these cat deterrents can be fitted to walls, fences, gates and drainpipes etc which will make it extremely difficult for intruders to get a hold on, but they are a visual deterrent rather than physical."
I want them to get hurt a bit so it acts as a deterrant. I do realise that a small proportion of scummy cunt CHAV losers may want "vengeance" because i "dared" to make thier joyriding life harder by fitting defensive measures!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Personally, I'd move!
Not practical at the moment unfortunately!!! Id end up in a hell of a lot of debt selling off my house in current climate, and even if i keep it and rent it out, it wont cover cost of mortgage and with difference between rent costs in a nice area and rental income on my house, id be Ł200-300 worse off a month which i cant afford to do at present!! Plus im not going to be bullied out of my own home my criminal scumbags.

Originally Posted by 1.9 xr2 on 40's
i think you should do all those things then post pics of the state of the house after
I already have done with most my weapons i keep round house!

make up a fake vehicle tracking systems sign up and put it where its obviously yours but may attract some business
I dont get what you mean???

If you mean putting a fake "tracker" sticker on a car/garage door then thats NOT a good idea criminalse are not stupid and will know that those people who feel the need to fit such stickers in all likely hood dont have a tracker!!!
Old 19-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Brian ST-2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Warren's pretty centrally located.

I think we should all go crash over there at the weekend and have a bit of a Platoon stylee revenge attack on these scumbag arseholes who are making his life hellish.
I'm ex forces too, anyone else.?
Sounds like Warren's got enough toys to make it a good weekend.

ps, bring your own beer etc.

Old 23-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

so when we are together we'd have to make up a team name???

"the YB team"?

well anyway the plot thickens....

Sitting in lounge reading tonight when i hear the letter box flap go... it was about 9pm so certainly wasnt the postie!!! Side stepped round wall into hall to see a hand reaching through letter box to try and get key in door (its in door during day, on bedside cabinet at night). i ran to door and slammed the flap on the persons hand who quickly withdrew hand and ran off from door (could see a couple of people through frosted glass).

So obviously they still want to get in bad!!! So ive got to do even more to protect property now!!

So first step is to make sure they cant get to keys in future!!! I want to be able to leave key in door during day as its convienient place to leave it when you have visitors coming and going and its a bit fucking brazen of the cunts to try and get in when they know someones in the house!! (TV was on).

So my patented "spike shield" defence system needed a new componant adding to it, a spiked protection plate to shield key!!

First i got my plastic sheet i have lieing around and made a strengthened and supported frame for the spikes:

Then it was spiked with spikes attached using foam baselayer for flexibility so spikes wont come off if brushed against, and VHB tape and super glue to fix each drawing pin!!

It was then secured to door with super high strength 3M VHB tape i had specially ordered a while back!! Ive tried ripping it off and it wont come off in my trials and the stiffening plates mean it cant be bent back flat!!

Im thinking of expanding the spike shield on my wall. This is how it is at present with 3 layers of spikes, laid in groups of 5 in a "x" configuration per brick.

Im thinking of increasing the density of spikes to say 9 spikes per brick in a simple 3 rows of 3 spikes configuration. Im thinking that will add a bit more protection. Someone also suggested some grease painted on it with a bit of dye/paint added so that when they come and have a look, they will then ruin thier Kappa/benq/superdry shell suits/hoodies and that will deter them a bit next time!!

From looking at my house on the outside i dont think its too conspicious and i dont think i can do much more from front:

You can see the CHAV house up street and dereliction problem in the area in this shot:

Im thinking maybe pouring petrol through thier letter box and a box of matches should scare them into submission! NOT torching it obviously, just petrol as a warning!!

Not sure what more i can do out back:

I'm thinking maybe fitting an extension pole to the pole out back and a CCTV camera but i reckon it would attract more attention than problems it would solve. Any more sensible/achievable ideas???

Last edited by Psycho Warren; 23-06-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 23-06-2009, 02:37 AM
ultrav87

As much as I enjoyed reading that there maybe some of these CHAV's are doing the same, you've made most of your security public! Have you double glazing? Might be worth silconing the rubber seals on or fitting something to prevent the glass from being removed? What about your locks, are they upgraded? Run of the mill ones could be easily picked. Put a film on your glass to prevent it being smashed to gain access?
Old 23-06-2009, 03:11 AM
LUCKO
Regular Contributor

Location: On The Eighth Day God Created Wolverhampton Wanderers

loose some of the bricks in the wall when they climb it the wall will fall down and said chavs will break limbs and call it quits?
Old 23-06-2009, 06:00 AM
RS 5tu
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The worse bit is, If you were to catch these chavs in action stealing you car and kicked the shit out of them you would probably be the only one looking at charges.

We are too soft in this country now people dont care about the police as they will probably get a fine that they will pay Ł2 a week from the dole money or c/s its a joke.

Last edited by RS 5tu; 23-06-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 23-06-2009, 06:28 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Still think you need barbed hooks Warren, be a bitch to pull yourself off the wall then!
Old 23-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would get onto the council sharpish about getting rid of the van. Say you think there is a bomb in it or something, they'll soon have it moved n crushed!

I take it by your last picture your garden ends at the gate... Who owns the land what the tranny is sitting on?
Old 23-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fit carpet gripper about an inch back from the wall so it can't be seen from the path, but if they try and pull themselves up over the wall they'll know it's there lol
Old 23-06-2009, 05:12 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anti vandle grease all over the top of the walls.
Old 23-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Dub604
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Dont leave your keys in the door firstly!!!

Instead of using thumb tacs, I would have used razor blades!! much more effective or if you really want to shit em up hyperdermic needles!!!!

Anti-climb paint on the wall, the needles on the top, if they complain to the council or police just say that it must the the junkies who hang around doing it!!

get some motion sensor flood lights for the garden and maybe one for the front step, some cctv maybe. or how about an alarm system with monitering??

booby trap your garden with atrip wire and firectly behind it.... a pile of broken glass!

get a dog or two, they will be a good deterent, or you could try and report the chavs to the council for different things try and get them moved?

me personally, I would go rount there with a coule of mates, kick the front door in, smash fuck out of them, a proper demolition job!! with the promise that you will be back to finish the job next time they even walk past your house!!!!

what ever you decide to do, do feel bad they deserve whatever they get!!!!!
Old 23-06-2009, 06:16 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Knock your house down and move somewhere nice.
Old 23-06-2009, 06:38 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

a mate of mine has a normal looking outdoor lamp with motion sensor and camera built in- wired upto his tv

good luck.

sounds interesting
Old 23-06-2009, 06:39 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

nice place, i gotta go down the job centre there tommorow.
no offence like but its scumbag city round there
id get one of them big nasty rat traps and maybe modify it a bit and stick that on the inside of the door

Last edited by RobL; 25-06-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 23-06-2009, 06:58 PM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian ST24
Warren's pretty centrally located.

I think we should all go crash over there at the weekend and have a bit of a Platoon stylee revenge attack on these scumbag arseholes who are making his life hellish.
I'm ex forces too, anyone else.?
Sounds like Warren's got enough toys to make it a good weekend.

ps, bring your own beer etc.

i'm in, i'm qualified too.

i completed call of duty on ps3
Old 23-06-2009, 07:28 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

smother the top of the wall with grease. proper machine grease that they grease trucks with, the 5th wheel and propshaft etc. it comes in tubes about the size of a roll of black bags. that stuff NEVER comes out of clothes. and its plenty thick enough to stay on the wall forever really.
the tubes look like this,

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...entPage=family

but thats a tad expensive for your needs

and a shotgut cartridge trip wire would shit anyone up i'd imagine

http://www.defensedevices.com/shotgu...m-signal1.html

Last edited by orionmojo; 23-06-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 23-06-2009, 09:02 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
i ran to door and slammed the flap on the persons hand who quickly withdrew hand and ran off from door
Wire or cable-tie noose so if they try again you can snare them and stop them from running away, then free them at your leisure under your own terms and suitable punishment so they won't try it again
I like your ingenuity though with the tacks.
How about something else on the inner wall top (where those nails are) to prevent someone reaching right over?
Barbed wire all along that wall line with warning signs to cover yourself? Signs will stop you getting sued.
Old 23-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by RobL
nice place, i gotta go down the job centre there tommorow.
no offence like but its scumbag city round there
Its only scumbag city because of the stupid job centre!!! and because the police wont stamp down on the ASB caused by the scum that frequent the job centre!!

They seem to hang round all day after arriving early in morning then only fuck off once theyve signed on and got pissed on cheap cider/lager!!!

Wouldnt take much for the police to move them on!! a few weeks of aggressive policing and ASBO'ing/indescriminate public order arrests and the cunts would soon go home just to avoid aggro and avoid having thier tins of stella confiscated. Sure there would be an initial backlash by the yobs but theyd soon comply when it hurts thier pockets!!

The ones i feel really sorry for are the decent folk who are unemployed and have to go in and out jobcentre!! they get hassle and heckling going in and out and the security wont do shit all as long as its outside the doors and the CHAV's dont block access.
Originally Posted by Smit
I take it by your last picture your garden ends at the gate... Who owns the land what the tranny is sitting on?
Council have been informed!! Stoke council is slow so i doubt it will be moved until its vandalised!!

The land is council owned land, just like the cobbled roadways next to it.

Originally Posted by JayCC
i'm in, i'm qualified too.

i completed call of duty on ps3
nah for this team you also need to have completed ALL the Grand Theft auto series of games!!!
Old 23-06-2009, 11:56 PM
cosy trav
PassionFord Regular

Hows about you and your neighbours writing to your local mp to get gates put up at the entrace to the alley ways stating that cars are always being dumped in the alleyways . It worked around our area when scum where always robbing garden sheds . The council installed 10 ft high gates that wwent accross the width of the alleyway so you can still get a car down them . I,d also use carpet gripper on the top and back edge of the wall 3 rows right next to each other should do it .
Old 24-06-2009, 12:04 AM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Just shoot them dead Warren. Then place the gun in his hands, make out like it was a suicide and fake confusion when the 5/0 ask if you know why someone would want to spend their final moments in the Penalver Concrete Garden.

Cheers,
Grant
Grant, you forgot to say to sprinkle some Coke on them. Makes it out like it was drugs related and not Warren related
Old 24-06-2009, 12:17 AM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

1st thing from the pics should be a front gate with a closing spring, simple thing like that and they havent the open way in and out, metal gates make noise and can also have a door bell fitted at the hinge end so if the gate opens the doorbell sounds

also worth pricing up a front door flush with the brickwork, handy place to keep shoes and coats and double protection
Old 24-06-2009, 12:31 AM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

The guy across the road from me has CCTV. the sign he has up is so small you cant see it and its round the SIDE of his house, not the front where the camera is!
Old 24-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

warren how about having a portch fitted, 2 doord for them to get through.
Old 24-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

What a bastard that you make the effort to own your own home and then have to put up with this.

Last edited by Chip; 24-06-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 24-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by P_is_for_Paul
The guy across the road from me has CCTV. the sign he has up is so small you cant see it and its round the SIDE of his house, not the front where the camera is!
Cunning i shall try and find a tiny sign and put it in roof of porch!!!

1st thing from the pics should be a front gate with a closing spring, simple thing like that and they havent the open way in and out, metal gates make noise and can also have a door bell fitted at the hinge end so if the gate opens the doorbell sounds
A gate was fitted to this house when i bought it! Pikeys robbed 3 of the 4 gates off the front yards of the houses in our row!! they went on a big scrap robbing spree a while back last year! they only didnt get the 4th because they were disturbed! when i get some spare cash i might buy another gate. Im thinking a simple laser beam across the entrance will do or a near field PIR.

Originally Posted by P_is_for_Paul
Originally Posted by RS Grant View Post
Grant, you forgot to say to sprinkle some Coke on them. Makes it out like it was drugs related and not Warren related

One big flaw! they will notice no GSR on the dead CHAV and firing a second shot to replicate GSR will be suspect as it will be heard.
Old 24-06-2009, 02:18 AM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Gun shot residue lol. The cops ain't Gil, Mac or Horatio. If u watch CSI then ur halfway there to pulling off a murder
Old 24-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Jesus fuck i really wouldnt like all this hassle

what were your reasons for moving there mate? Where did you live before? Scotland some where wasn't it? Dont understand why you moved into such a bad area in a place you dont really know?

I hope you never lose your car or have major hassle
Old 24-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It seems a bad situation, but sorry those drawing pins do make me laugh....reminds me of school.

Best solution, move or get a good dog and train him well. If i was on the rob, i'd be sniggering as i removed the drawing pins or at worst get a light graze. But if confronted by a big hound, i'd be off!

Just the bark is enough to send most gear-heads running.
Old 24-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Warren get a can of that stuff that is permanent and only shows under uv light just in case the little fingers appear in the letterbox again.Why oh why you slammed the letterbox instead of grabbing hold of the 4ker I dont know.You should of pulled him in (not through the letterbox obviously) tied him up and tortured the twat ! you need cctv and sensor lights mate its a must especially with the back.
Old 24-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rax2wdrax
Warren get a can of that stuff that is permanent and only shows under uv light just in case the little fingers appear in the letterbox again.Why oh why you slammed the letterbox instead of grabbing hold of the 4ker I dont know.You should of pulled him in (not through the letterbox obviously) tied him up and tortured the twat ! you need cctv and sensor lights mate its a must especially with the back.
Yeah great advice to someone when there were no doubt a few of the scumbags mates there as well and Warren would have had the utter shit kicked out of him and his car robbed.
3 or 4 theiving scumbags who know where you live but you know nothing about them arent really who you want to be getting into a scrap with on your doorstep!

You do realise that rambo isnt real dont you mate?
Old 24-06-2009, 12:32 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One big flaw! they will notice no GSR on the dead CHAV and firing a second shot to replicate GSR will be suspect as it will be heard.
Speaking from personal experience, I can mask some pretty ripping farts with a well timed cough.... suggest employing the same tactic to disguise the second shot?

Cheers,
Grant
Old 24-06-2009, 01:06 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

A gate was fitted to this house when i bought it! when i get some spare cash i might buy another gate.
Do it, then weld a small metal piece over the hinge area so it cannot be lifted off and stolen / removed.
Old 24-06-2009, 01:26 PM
fiend
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Is that transit unlocked? If so I'd move it out onto the main road, wouldn't take long for it to be taken away by the DVLA/Police.

Quick Reply: Operation Spike Shield