General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

anyone on here make music?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone on here make music?

right, as i dont want to spend a fortune in a studio again....

i want to record some tracks for a webstie im having made.
I will be using backing tracks anyway, so really i just need a program to put the backing track into and put my vocals on the top,

whats best, logic,cubase?
and will a usb audo imput be good enough to run a xlr leaded mic?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:10 AM
jamieRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

if u get a mic with usb connection it will be fine.have you thought about using fruityloops?i make grime/baseline tunes on there all the time and u can add vocals over the top no problem at all,then save as a mp3 file.
just a thought
jamie
Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

what about adding reverb etc as it might sound a bit dry comming direct to the pc?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 AM
jamieRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

u have complete adjustability on all volumes,and can add plug ins for more mixing depth etc etc,the possibilities are endless,and a big user guide lol
Old 02-06-2009, 03:07 AM
fiend
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Cubase is good for home editing as its pretty simple to use, Logic and Pro-Tools are more widely used in professional studios.

Fruity Loops wouldnt be any good for recorded multi track songs with vocals, guitar, bass and drums etc. Its more of a sequencer for creating drum rhythms/beats, not really the best program for recording/editing audio tracks.

You could get an external sound card that has an XLR input to use your microphone, as I'm not sure how you could go from XLR to USB?

Vocals will probably sound rather dry depending on what mic you use and how ambient the room is your recording in.

There is a free editing/recording program called Audacity that alot of people use.. It's nice and simple, plus has basic effects you can add to tracks - reverb etc.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Elvis
Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Originally Posted by fiend
Cubase is good for home editing as its pretty simple to use, Logic and Pro-Tools are more widely used in professional studios.

Fruity Loops wouldnt be any good for recorded multi track songs with vocals, guitar, bass and drums etc. Its more of a sequencer for creating drum rhythms/beats, not really the best program for recording/editing audio tracks.

You could get an external sound card that has an XLR input to use your microphone, as I'm not sure how you could go from XLR to USB?

Vocals will probably sound rather dry depending on what mic you use and how ambient the room is your recording in.

There is a free editing/recording program called Audacity that alot of people use.. It's nice and simple, plus has basic effects you can add to tracks - reverb etc.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
i will be using electro voice re15 or re 666 to record with.

something like this any good? http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Alpha/
Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 AM
fiend
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah that looks pretty decent has all the features/functions you need. Plus comes with a copy of Cubase LE with is a more basic version of Cubase so good to start off with, to get the hang of it all.

I have a Roland Edirol interface, which is great. I use it for recording guitar/bass and also run a MIDI keyboard through it, doesn't have an XLR input though ...

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Feb0...edirolua20.asp