General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

the future of jap power

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2009, 09:15 AM
gingerman
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the future of jap power

copied from euro-dragster what do you think?

Bradshaw's six-second Import.

19th May: UK HKS Pro Champion and Super Pro ET and Comp Eliminator racer John Bradshaw and Abbey Motorsport have finally unveiled pictures of the new Nissan 350Z which will touch down in the UK shortly. The car totes a twin-turbo 4.0 litre Nissan 350Z engine running on methanol.

"We are delighted to say that the car is almost finished and ready to ship from the States", says John. "Despite having sat for three years this is actually a brand new sister car to the original car put together and still owned by Performance Motorsports in New York. They managed a few 6.6s at 215+ mph in 2005 and beat Titan in the process at the time. They have since hung up their race suits and wanted to sell the spare they had on site. The chassis was built by Vanishing Point and thankfully we can run as quick as we can manage with the cage etc built to cover all regulations.

"We hope that the motor will eventually be running over 2000 bhp once we have had a decent chance to test and to learn a lot more. Methanol is going to be another new learning curve for us.
©Eurodragster.com
"Fingers crossed it should be here for July and we plan to get some testing and shakedown runs completed this year to start the learning process. We are going to be very relaxed this year and just enjoy trying to get to grips with the car. We will make some gentle passes and test to get datalogging information and get clutch and suspension settings together and then we will slowly start to up the power. We have numerous avenues open to help increase horsepower, potentially up to around 2400 bhp but there is no real point until we can get our head around the set-up of the car.

"I am really looking forward to getting into the car and driving it, but with it being left hand drive, running a different gear box and making a hell of a lot more horsepower I know that it’s going to take some while before I get my head around it. The ultimate aim would be to make the car competitive enough to be able to compete in Pro Mod one day, but that's certainly not going to happen overnight and there's a hell of a lot of development to happen first.

"We will run the 350Z in mainstream racing in Comp Eliminator and Super Pro ET in 2010. As for the Skyline, we will run it again in 2010 with some changes over the winter. We also plan to change it to methanol which will give us a fairly healthy leap in horsepower - fingers crossed times will drop again."
Old 21-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Ed1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its shit
Old 21-05-2009, 03:13 PM
gingerman
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

short but sweet as always lol